PDA

View Full Version : UK CAA - Flight Crew Licensing Turnaround

ATPLwhoops
2nd May 2011, 15:42
Dear All,

Quick question, can the UK CAA turnaround a TR license issue in a day if you go early morning to Gatwick and wait or is it near impossible?

Thanks all.

atplwhoops

towser
2nd May 2011, 16:06
If it's just to get a rating on your licence then yes if your early enough they can do it same day as long as you have all the paperwork.

Mr Angry from Purley
2nd May 2011, 16:16
As towser says get their early and you'll get it within a day. The system is first come first served, make sure you have the correct paperwork though. In the old days sometimes you wouldn't get it back in a day particularly if their was a courier there with 20 easyjet applications. Nowdays i've been and there's only a few names on the board. Sign of the time maybe :\

Superpilot
2nd May 2011, 19:30
Yes but please make sure you bring absolutely everything with you in terms of paperwork (inc MCC if it's your first multi-crew TR) and ORIGINALS too. I brought in a photocopied MCC cert which they rejected but luckily I had scans available online and the colour printer in the library did the trick :ok:

ATPLwhoops
2nd May 2011, 21:09
The MCC cert is going to be fun....it's going to be tough to find the original.
Always something...so if I get there for say 08h30 what sort of time can you get away? or is that asking too much ;)
I have to take a flight st8 after.

Anyway guys....top information!!! thanks for that.

atplwhoops