PDA

View Full Version : Career change advice!

zxcv1234
1st May 2011, 14:23
Hello,

I'm in need of some desperate advice. I am currently a qualified Commercial Pilot in Australia. I'm unemployed but have had a major career change on my mind for some time. I think i want to take up a career in ATC in germany. As i have someone who means the world to me there, and i have always had a love of aviation. I have been to germany a few times and have fallen in love with the country.

I have done a fair bit of research on my own part in German ATC. But i would like to know if anyone who has worked in germany as a controller can give me some advice and let me know what the conditions and challenges are like. Basically what i can expect going through the application to finishing training.

I dont speak any german but of course if i moved over there i would enrol in a language school, this would benefit me and my partner and my career i would presume.

Kind regards to anyone that can help me!

Cheers

twentypoint4
1st May 2011, 15:55
Sounds like an interesting move! I'm not in the position to offer too much guidance on this, however I would be 90% sure that the learning the language part of your plan would have to come before the getting employed part.

Possible you will need German citizenship too, not sure. However I'm sure the DFS careers website will have all the details on that.

Good luck!