PDA

View Full Version : The Aviators television program

SpyPilot
29th Apr 2011, 01:12
While watching the "land an airliner" segments in episodes 3, 5 and 6 I noticed that the area to the left of the Primary Flight Display had been pixilated.

These segments were filmed in the sim and I wonder if any A.C. Embraer pilots would comment on why they think the producers of the program would have either been required to or felt it necessary to blur this area out.

SpyPilot
29th Apr 2011, 08:33
Mr. Nalli, Executive Producer of the program, in a very timely, polite and somewhat coy reply to my inquiry declined to reveal the reason behind the pixilation.

I don't have any experience on the aircraft however a quick search on the web shows nothing unusual. Lower left is the Reversionary Panel control head and between that and the landing gear, flap speed placards and the compass calibration placard is blank.

I'm just a little curious as to what could have been there in the sim that needed to be blured out.

J.O.
29th Apr 2011, 15:36
Maybe Air Canada has added something to that location that is proprietary and they wish to keep it to themselves.

bcflyer
29th Apr 2011, 16:37
I fly them for AC and can't think of anything that is top secret in that area in the actual aircraft. I'm trying to think if there is anything there in the simulator that they may not want seen..... (I'm usually too busy doing other things when in the sim to remember exactly what's there.. lol)