PDA

View Full Version : got my NPPL yesterday

Asrian
29th Apr 2011, 00:16
Yes I know, nothing spectacular for You experienced pilots. :)
But for me it was. Yesterday I passed my checkride for the NPPL on a Diamond Katana. It was a bit misty and windy, but all went well. My examiner, an old ex-Luftwaffe F-104 pilot, wanted to do the last landing himself to play with the Katana and test land on our newly reconstructed grass runway now with PERFO surface. After that he was really excited about the PERFO surface.
It took me quite some time to reach this goal because of some interruptions in between and I'm just happy to have finished this "project".
It all started when I wanted to experience real flying after flying at the PC with different flight simulations. I did a trial lesson, caught "the virus" and the rest is history... ;)
I know this is just a "licence to learn". I feel similiar now when I just had passed my drivers license many years ago and knew there is still a lot to learn and get more experience.
If I had to do it again, I would go to a place that has several planes of the appropriate class available so You can train on another one if the first one is grounded for inspections or repairs. The plane being grounded and bad weather were two factors that caused the delays during training.
But now its done...and it just feels good! :)

Phil73805
29th Apr 2011, 10:01
Congratulations! That's got to feel good :)

For the record, every pilots license is a license to learn...

BEagle
29th Apr 2011, 10:26
Asrian, where did you do your 'NPPL' training? You give your location as Germany and state that your Examiner was an ex-Luftwaffe F-104 pilot.

Or was this a German 'NPPL', not a UK NPPL?

Anyway, well done!

Asrian
29th Apr 2011, 22:59
Thank You!
Yes, it is a german national PPL (two-seaters only, max weight 750kg etc), not a PPL-A JAR-FCL. I think its similiar to the UK-NPPL.