PDA

View Full Version : Cranfield landing fees

VMC-on-top
28th Apr 2011, 09:14
Are Cranfield too busy to take GA at all? For landing fees, Pooleys says call for information. Their website doesn't give any more info, the phones aren't answered and emails go without reply too?

Anyone been in there recently and what were the landing fees for a SEP?

S-Works
28th Apr 2011, 09:20
Eyewatering in a nutshell......

I paid about £30 quid for a light single and naerly £50 for a twin.

overandout
28th Apr 2011, 09:23
Was there at end March and very very expensive.
However the chap on the desk told me they were to be reduced by half w.e.f 1st April.
Did this happen?

Genghis the Engineer
28th Apr 2011, 10:09
Not so far as I know - still very expensive I believe.

The place has been incredibly badly run for years (good staff, dreadful airport director) - a new airport director has taken over recently and actually does seem to be doing a good job, but he clearly needs to raise some funds to change a few things, so I'd not hold your breath about an early reduction. The based schools there are also complaining about significant increases in what they're paying.

Only a place to go if you have a reason to be at Cranfield to be frank.

G

Alan_D
28th Apr 2011, 11:30
When I last enquired about landing fees at Cranfield they quoted me £37 + VAT for a PA28. I went elsewhere. :\
I've recently done an IMC hold and ILS approach (during my IMC flight test!) at Cranfield - didn't land - and was charged £20 + VAT.

shaun.s
28th Apr 2011, 11:51
I was last there in June last year and I remember paying about £30 in a C152.

znww5
28th Apr 2011, 19:11
Recently spotted a notice for 0800 - 2000 opening during the week. For a PA28 it was around £40 weekdays and if I understood it correctly, £15 on the weekend. Having been up there a few times recently, I can't say it was exactly buzzing with activity - can't imagine why!

1.6vs
28th Apr 2011, 23:28
You would be better off if you fixed up a meeting with one of the mechanics to 'look' at your aircraft during your visit to egtc. I am pretty sure your landing fee would be minimal if not waived.pm me, might be able to sort something out.Also cheap car hire ,catering, restaurants, plus lots of local knowledge.Good luck.

Johnm
29th Apr 2011, 08:48
I think you'll find Cranfield is owned by the University and Universities aren't having a prosperous time right now. The airfield is focussed on (mostly commercial) training and IFR traffic.

IO540
29th Apr 2011, 09:25
£60 for a landing with an ILS (1400kg) and that was visiting a maintenance company.

They don't really want visitors; the based school takes precedence over everything, and they are quite capable of getting a VFR flight from the north to report at Woburn which is to the south of the place :ugh:

Luckily I can now get my FAA static test done locally so don't have to go there anymore.