PDA

View Full Version : Britt Norman Islander

DeltaTango
14th Nov 2001, 23:54
Hi

I'm looking to start a small freight buisness with and Islander and I need the internal dimensions for load performance calculations.

I appreciate any help you can give me

Thanx a bunch in advance

DT

Genghis the Engineer
16th Nov 2001, 22:47
For the BN2T-4S (that's the Turbine Islander, which I believe uses the same cabin)...

Cabin width 43"
Cabin length (max) 145" excluding cockpit
Cabin height (max) 49.75"
Entry width (min) 32"
Entry height (min) 43.5"

However, I'd suggest contacting Britten Norman directly, I'll Email you contact details directly.

G

HugMonster
18th Nov 2001, 18:53
Genghis, I thought the BN2T-4S was the Defender 4000? If so, the cabin dimensions are different from the BN2A/B/T.

DT, you will need to get drawings from B-N. Although the doors are good, they don't open fully due to the maingear legs, so you can't get a door-shaped load straight in the doors.

I rapidly found out, for example, that you can't get a coffin into a PBN Dragmaster without an awful lot of trouble turning it on its side etc. - but it goes eventually!

There is a mod for the rear door to have a sliding version, which slides forward. Many skydive Islanders have this. It does, however, increase the draught in the rear of the cabin.

[ 18 November 2001: Message edited by: HugMonster ]

Ibis
19th Nov 2001, 01:35
I used to fly the BN2 for Fedex,load the A/C trough the left back door , no problem at all.
Even medivac with a stretcher on board can be loaded easyly
A real workhorse :D :D