PDA

View Full Version : Command course at last ! But wait a minute.

G-OOFY
2nd Nov 2000, 21:42
Okay here's a quick one for you.

After many years of hardship and toil my Command course date has at last come through. I am overjoyed. As I feel I've been ready for it for a while. Then someone said to me "yes, but it will do in your Jet chances, no one will want to interview you now because they (Jet Airlines) will say "we have trouble moving people from the left to the right-hand seat""

What do people think ? My ultimate goal would be a B-737 command in say 5-10 years time with easy, Go or Ryanair. What would a non-Jet Command do to my chances ? Or is this a case of sour grapes.

What do we all think?

[This message has been edited by G-OOFY (edited 02 November 2000).]

mik
2nd Nov 2000, 22:05
Wasn't Capt PPRuNe a turboprop captain before he became an Air 2000 757/767 F/O?

10W
2nd Nov 2000, 22:53
mik,

He sure was. I have also known of other people going from turbo prop ops as Captains to F/Os on jets.

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]

Secret Squirrel
3rd Nov 2000, 15:50
G-OOFY, definately sour grapes. In our airline it was mostly the T/P captains that got the best jobs and with the least effort. They still do but we've got jets now also, so they get snapped up pretty quickly too.

NEVER TURN DOWN A COMMAND! If nothing else it is good experience and the airlines' main concern is that you are capable of it. Once you get used to the speed at which things happen, flying a jet is far easier than flying a T/P anyday.

------------------
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam up my clothes!

HugMonster
3rd Nov 2000, 16:20
Definitely sour grapes.

Airlines don't want to hire FO's. They want to hire potential captains. If you've proved you can do the job, all the better for your prospects.

Several (senior) captains from my mob have recently moved to the RHS of heavy metal, with no worries that I am aware of.