PDA

View Full Version : Garmin 695 Integration - experiences?

Pudnucker
25th Apr 2011, 17:44
Evening all,

About to place an order for a Garmin 695 and zaon xrx pcas system. It's a lot of dollar to spend (£2500!!) - just wondering what others experiences had been with this system?

I have searched so apologies if I missed any threads already covering this.

Also, want to yoke mount on a pa28 - has anyone else done this? does it work well?

Cheers!

Ps - any ideas of where to get best deal greatly appreciated!

The Grim EPR
25th Apr 2011, 21:47
I have both and love them. The PCAS is nowhere near a proper TCAS, and has many limitations, but it's still helpful. The Garmin 695 I can't find any fault with at all. It is brilliant!

With the ridiculously expensive interface cable, the two units integrate easily together with power being Y split to both.

I don't yoke mount, but stick the 695 to the side window on the passenger side with a RAM mount. Zaon gets 'dash' mounted with Velcro.

If you want to try them out before you buy, get in touch. I'm based out of Bournemouth.

Oldpilot55
25th Apr 2011, 21:56
A small saving can be made by ordering the interface cable from Sporty's.
I have a 495 and a Zaon. Its useful but not perfect, as previously stated. I seem to get false returns whilst flying over the same location.
It does focus the mind and increase your kudos when you can tell ATC that you have the traffic on PCAS.

Pudnucker
25th Apr 2011, 21:57
Thanks for the offer. I've heard similar reports. What do u have yours on? I have an archer and was thinking yoke mount.. Not sure how well that works. Cheers P

The Grim EPR
25th Apr 2011, 22:04
I have some sort of yoke mounting contraption knocking about for the 695 which you are welcome to have. Never tried yoke mounting it.

Pudnucker
25th Apr 2011, 22:07
Seems to be some time lag on posts! Sorry.

Will order tomorrow and let u know how I get on..

TC_LTN
26th Apr 2011, 20:59
I would wait a couple of months a see what Garmin surprise the market with at a considerably cheaper price than the Zaon.

dublinpilot
27th Apr 2011, 10:50
Do you have inside information that Garmin are working on something, or just making a guess that they will?