PDA

View Full Version : Perf C ?

KERDUNKER
25th Mar 2002, 20:24
Can you clever chaps tell me if the PA31 is Perf C or not and if so would Perf A now cover it.?. .. .Ta.

rightbank
25th Mar 2002, 22:35
Yes and No in that order.

touch&go
25th Mar 2002, 22:44
If you have Perf E and Perf A then yes,

rightbank
25th Mar 2002, 22:51
T&G. .. .When I did my PA31 type rating it was Perf C only, I already had Perf A&E. Have the rules changed?

touch&go
26th Mar 2002, 01:26
rightbank,. .. .I did a rating on a Perf C aircraft two years ago, because the CAA dropped the Perf C exam, Gatwick said I was ok as long as I had E & A.. . . . <small>[ 25 March 2002, 21:56: Message edited by: touch&go ]</small>

rightbank
27th Mar 2002, 00:28
The rules change all the time. Thanks for the update. A hypothetical question for you. On a light turboprop like a Kingair, which was originally Perf C, what are the rules now. Perf E would seem to be a bit irrelevant as it is mainly aimed at singles or very light M/E pistons. Just accepting Perf A would be a throwback to the days when Perf A covered everything. What would you now need?

eyeinthesky
28th Mar 2002, 00:00
In the old days then having Perf A plus one other I thought covered you for all groups. Certainly I have A and E and am OK flying a Perf C aircraft.. .. .I don't think you can do A,C,E or any other Group any more. You have to do the JAA performance exam which covers all Groups.