PDA

View Full Version : VERY random question for EGLL ground controllers

gchangflyer
21st Apr 2011, 22:04
Hi all.

I'm a huge EGLL fan and I'm busy building a 1:400 scale replica of (parts of) Heathrow Airport, to display my 1:400 airliner models on. With airlines like United and Air New Zealand now using the new Lima apron area, I'm not sure what the typical taxi route would be for aircraft landing on 27R to get to this apron? I need to know as I'd like to place my models on realistic taxi routes!

Please could anybody who is an EGLL ground controller let me know what the typical taxi route for aircraft landing on 27R to get to the Lima apron is?

Thanks a MILLION!

Kind regards,

gcf:ok:

ZOOKER
21st Apr 2011, 23:09
hope you are not building the model in the toilet!

Post us some pictures sometime, love to see it.
(the model of Heathrow, that is, NOT the toilet). :ok:

point5
22nd Apr 2011, 07:45
Depends on the traffic situation at the time. Preferably straight onto Bravo then Lima or Alpha then Lima.

gchangflyer
22nd Apr 2011, 18:22
Thanks! No-Its not in my toilet!:O I'm building it in sections in my spare room, I'll try to post pics when more of it is complete.

Thank you for the taxi info-I'll try to position the Air NZ on Bravo, going into Lima!

anotherthing
22nd Apr 2011, 19:43
Actually I think the toilet would be the best and most true-to-life location for you to set up your model. After all, the area surrounding the real Heathrow is a sh!thole!!!