PDA

View Full Version : Seen any good movies recently?

UKSquiff
20th Apr 2011, 20:01
BBC News - US air controller suspended after watching film at work (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13133158)
:mad:

ZOOKER
20th Apr 2011, 21:53
And here is a 'biggie' for all those 'human factors' experts.
Just how do you maintain daytime levels of mental alertness when Mr Circadian Rhythm says it's time for 'bo-bo's?
If the airport, or centre is busy, no problems. Been there, done that.
If there is no mental stimulation for several hours, what do you do?
Notwithstanding of course that when planes are expected, TVs, or whatever, should be turned off.

Disillusioned
21st Apr 2011, 21:43
I watched a good movie on my Wacom a couple of weeks ago..It was called, Great disasters of the 21st Century :)

It was an odd story, as it had a beginning, a middle, but no end !!

UKSquiff
21st Apr 2011, 21:45
It's certainly a scary thought...dont get me wrong, I have an overwhelming respect for those who work in ATC...I couldn't do it..period!...I cant even do it in a simulator....really, Total respect to you guys!!....but, That is just outrageous!

10W
24th Apr 2011, 14:54
Some posts in this thread, which although factually correct to an extent, don't do a lot to help our professional cause nor engender good team working in NATS.

The topic issue is an important one, and in the same way that the FAA have identified and acted on unprofessional behaviour, so too have NATS where this has occurred and been identified. Some of the posts relating to this perhaps went a bit too far and could incite further tit for tat exchanges. This is not helpful to anyone.

On that basis, it is in the greater interest of the Prestwick Centre ATC profession and team working ethos that these posts were removed to prevent any further division and escalation amongst staff. This was not done due to any rule breach on the site but made as an editorial judgement call. Some may see it as right, others as wrong, but it has been done only after careful consideration.