PDA

View Full Version : Hour Building Fl.

Bloody long way down
13th Nov 2001, 13:08
I will be finishing some hour building this December in Florida (Something that I was unable to complete in Sept :mad: ) And would like to know if anyone has recommendations of airfields/airports to visit or even particular routes to fly. I have a night rating also so any interesting night spots would be nice to hear of :D :D :D .

Cheers

gear down props forward
17th Nov 2001, 00:14
Try the KPIE St. Pete-Clearwater International ILS 17L. DH is over the water of Tampa Bay with the approach light system in the water as well. Looks great at night.

KVNC Venice, FL: there is a great seafood restaurant called "Sharky's on the Pier," just a short taxi ride from the field. Maybe if you're lucky, you will have the taxi driver lady who has lots of electronic gizmos and survival equipment in her van--just in case a ditching is necessary on the short 0.5 mile ride!

DownIn3Green
17th Nov 2001, 06:41
Bloody,

Fla has lots of small airports with real Southern Charm.

However...

If you're coming in Dec, my recommendation would be to study the SEC (Southeast Conference) football schedule. It should be champion race time.

In 1978 when I was doing my Comm/Inst I hit all of the big games and after parking the a/c enjoyed the game and a great night of "fellowship" courtesy of the local sororities.

This will only work if you can give up the idea that "football" involves the team kicking the thing around endlessly....