PDA

View Full Version : B.A Interview

Hot Dog
30th Oct 2000, 13:36
Interview Loomimg so would appreciate some guidance if anyone has any details on the format for the BA interview. Looking for a direct entry position on the A320.....

fokker
30th Oct 2000, 13:58
Surely this has been done to death already? There's an awful of stuff available; at one point, a couple of years ago, BA even had their own web site about it, to try to stem the flood of rumour. That might still be about.

However, as far as I remember:

1. Full day of psychometric tests/written exercises/group discussion/'observed' buffet lunch. Obvious criteria apply: in psycho. tests, unless you KNOW the specific test you are doing, take it at face value and don't try to second guess - it will be obvious to the assessors and you do yourself no favours. Group ex.; be a middle-man (person?)....don't bully, listen as well as contribute. Written stuff....well you either can or can't, innit? In all these you are against the clock and VERY unlikely to finish. Don't panic.

2. If these OK, second phase is sim. check and 2 x interviews. You need to do as much homework as poss. on the company, business plans etc. It doesn't appear to hurt to come across as almost 'American' in your enthusiasm/ commitment etc. ie; 'of course, if I don't get the A320, I'd love to haul rubber dog-sh*t out of Anchorage'.

For the sim, you will get a brief ahead of time. EAC at Bournemouth usually know it inside out and you can get a run through for about £150 an hour.

Enjoy.

.....I know, I'm leaving.......

;)

Hot Dog
30th Oct 2000, 23:58
Fokker,Thanks for the reply, Yes I,m sure it has been done to death, however when I joined Bransons merry Mob..a little while back, these werent the sites I visited as i thought i,d be here for good..however, things change. I was flying last week and the F/O I was with failed the BA Psycho and multi Question section, He said there were books on these tests which are worth a look...I dont want to Fail!!! so would appreciate any info on where to get this info,
Cheers,

fokker
31st Oct 2000, 01:16
HD, sorry, I really can't remember the exact places.

However, I honestly feel that if your FO was spouting stuff about books, etc., that was probably his problem. If you approach the tests open-mindedly and REALLY don't try to put one over... you'll be fine. These are well-tested exercises in the 'human-remains' field' so , although they might seem pants, if you 'fail', you probably didn't want to be there, anyway.

As to the interview, your best weapon is preparation and lots of background sh*t on BA. I failed 18 months ago on, it would appear, not being sick-makingly-enthusiastic enough. This despite passing all the psycho. stuff and a more-or-less faultless sim. check (I know, cos he told me.)

Sorry you're so unhappy....Virgin Sun must be worse than we've heard.

BM's bloody good,though.

Good luck, old bean.

;)

....I know, I'm leaving.....

exeng
31st Oct 2000, 04:55
I found that it certainly was worth buying a couple of books on IQ testing. After a few nights of practice I found that my IQ had apparently doubled!!

When I came to do the tests (back in 1991) I found that I was recognising a lot of 'patterns' that I had been working on with the books. However I was 37 at the time of the tests and hadn't done any real acedemic work for donkey's years.

I'm still just as dense as I was, but it helped to get me a decent job!

Best of luck.

Regards
Exeng

Big Red ' L '
31st Oct 2000, 05:26
You will find everything you want to know on the 'wannabees' forums. Excellent place to look. Good luck.