PDA

View Full Version : Validating your SE(IR) with profcheck MPA

Boss du Manche
30th Oct 2000, 00:02
According JAR-FCL 1.185 a and b it is possible to validate your SE(IR) and ME(IR) with a profcheck on a Multi Pilot Aircraft.

Dutch authorities do not apply this rule, but have an own rule, which is against JAR-FCL.

Question: How do other authorities validate SE(IR) and/or ME(IR). Can it be done via a profcheck on a MPA.

seeemmmooo
17th Nov 2000, 02:41
Well, does anyone know the answer? Just an opinion would be interesting.

At the moment as I understand it a pilot with an ATPL including a multi-crew IR cannot exercise the privilages in a single crew a/c, even if he is in current practice on type, held a single crew IR but not renewed, except that the ATPL includes the privilages of an IMC rating.

A pilot with a single crew IR flying say a Bandit could quite legally jump in a C172 for the first time and fly in airways||

One other point to consider, when the ATPL holders licence expires, if he replaces it with a JAA licence, (perhaps at the behest of his employer) he will LOSE the IMC rating privilages.

So what you might say. Well the ex instructor now airline pilot still instructing part-time will be faced with having to obtain a single crew instrument qualification to continue to teach the UK IMC rating, even if he never intends to fly in actual IMC.

A and C
17th Nov 2000, 18:48
As a part time instructor and airline pilot i find myself having to do the ME OPC+IR this under the UK JAA rules also validates me for SE IR no doubt under this stupid JAA thing all the other states have a diferent set of JAA rules except for the french who just change the rules as they see fit.

seeemmmooo
17th Nov 2000, 22:12
Hmm, is your ME IR single crew or multi crew? If it is multi crew then it is no longer valid for single crew regardles of aircraft type. I think!! Can anyone else confirm this?