PDA

View Full Version : HF FREQ/EMER/MAR CL605 Selector

baobab72
16th Apr 2011, 11:50
Dear All

on the CL605 we have a selection made available to us that includes
FREQ the normal mode allowing hF frequencies to be tuned in either via the Cursor Control panel or CCP's or via the TUNE page of the CDU, the preferred mode
EMER which i guess will auto tune the radio to the HF emer frequency 2182Khz(?)
and a MAR mode which quite franckly i dont know what it does.
No additional info or more specific info are provided on the AFM nor any other pub in my possession.

Anyone can shed some light on it?

Many thanks

Baobab72

galaxy flyer
16th Apr 2011, 14:45
First, frequency tuning maybe either CDU or CCP, either is fine and I don't think training specifies which s preferred. I was taught to use both and use the CCP more often than not.

FCPM Vol2, page 06-10-12, just says MAR is for tuning maritime channels. What possible use that would be, I don't know.

GF

dixi188
17th Apr 2011, 07:54
Does anyone use this equipment for maritime patrol, SAR or fisheries protection work?

Self Loading Freight
17th Apr 2011, 09:07
All I can find is a reference to it covering certain preconfigured maritime or other ITU frequencies, so it won't have any application in normal passenger transport working. In any case, since you can enter any frequency through FREQ, in the unlikely case that you do want to talk to a surface vessel and know what frequency they're using (various unlikely scenarios suggest themselves), you can do it that way.

And then there's this sort of thing (http://f1jxq.passion-radio.org/ham-radio-operator/ph9hb-ham-radio-operating-from-a-boeing-737/)...

FerrypilotDK
17th Apr 2011, 10:08
.....lost both engines, or their loss imminent for what-ever reason, preparing for a ditching and wanting to communicate with surface vessels that might be in the area, to pick you up???

Self Loading Freight
17th Apr 2011, 12:30
I think the 'ditching at sea and nobody on the radio' scenario would probably be best coped with by pressing the EMER button and giving your position and status on 2182 (and/or 121.500). Faffing around trying to raise shipping on the other maritime channels - and which ones? - may not fulfil the aviate, navigate, communicate troika to best effect.