View Full Version : Air Tours cockpit visit?

KBaB
26th Jun 2001, 21:06
Hi everyone, hope someone can help.

On Sunday my sister is on a late (8-10pm ish) flight from Leeds-Bradford to Majorca (Palma) with Air tours.

My 5-year-old niece will be travelling with her, and I wanted to know how could I get my niece a trip up to the front end? She's flown before but never been inside of the cockpit. So a quick few min visit Im sure would make her flight memorable.

Thanks for your help,

KBaB

bamboo
26th Jun 2001, 21:51
Make sure that you ask as soon as poss after boarding - Airtours crew are a nice bunch of people, and will be happy to help if they can. Try and ask the supervisor if you can. One point though, be aware that it IS a very short flight, and the crew may not have time to get you in the cockpit. If this is the case, try again on the return journey

KBaB
26th Jun 2001, 22:16
The thing is, im NOT the one flying, so i cant ask on boarding.

the plan was it would be a nice surprise for neice.

thanks for ya help anyways,

KBaB

ammdolly
28th Jun 2001, 05:57
Hi Kbab,

Unfortunatly the Airtours A/C for the summer from LBA is subleased from Skyservice and is flown by there pilots, and they have a strict sterile policy regarding visits. I know they dont always keep to it, but I am sure it would be enforced on a short PMI. It never hurts to ask the Senior Crew member [known as the Cabin Services Manager on the skyservice flights]when your niece gets on.

Happy flying

KBaB
28th Jun 2001, 15:59
change of plan/plane

Flight is now from NCL at 10:10, on Wednesday 4th July.

so anyone know how to get my neice a trip to the cockpit on N'Castle-Palma flight?

KBaB

[This message has been edited by KBaB (edited 28 June 2001).]

28th Jun 2001, 16:43
Can i have a ride in the jump seat? :)
I'm flying out of NCL on the Monday 6th of August to Reus(Kestrel 845). In 1998 i was asked by the very kind canadian skyservice captain if i would accompany them for the landing! me and me dad both sat in the jump seat for landing(seperate seats that is, before theres any 'light hearted' responses! :rolleyes: ) and i was wonderin if i would get another chance? :) i'm 15 years old and my ambition is to become a pilot and i'd appreciate any help!

Andy Thompson

[This message has been edited by 124.37 (edited 28 June 2001).]

javelin
29th Jun 2001, 10:55
ammdolly, Skyservice don't have a sterile cockpit policy at all. Most of the guys welcome visits. Always pays to ask.