PDA

View Full Version : Nantes (LFRS)

Tolka
13th Apr 2011, 11:51
Does anyone have any experience of Nantes? I'm planning to fly there IFR in a C172 in the near future and am interested in any advice regarding PPR, compulsory handling, fuel, parking etc.

Tolka

The Grim EPR
13th Apr 2011, 20:29
I've been there a few times both IFR and VFR. Tell ground / tower that you are going to the aeroclub. They park you on a small strip / apron for GA. I always get fuel on arrival - never had a long wait (again request this with the tower before you shut down. Bowser comes to you. Can pay with credit card.

You then walk (need HiViz), down the hill and to the left to the security gate. Take your license, passport etc with you. You let yourself out of the gate without going into the security office (but you will need to report back here when you depart).

Go into the main terminal to (try) and pay the landing fee. The information desk will take your details and (may) send you an invoice in the post. You can't pay on the day. Landing fee around £15 for a C172. Depends on if you use the lights etc. No handling if you use the aeroclub option.

Aeroclub are really friendly. You can get the weather etc there. It's by the security office (landside).

I've always faxed them for PPR with my details. Never got a response. Filed a flightplan, set off and no problems on arrival

Friendly, helpful. Highly recommended.

Piper.Classique
13th Apr 2011, 20:31
Try this
SIA - La rfrence en information aronautique (http://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/html/frameset_aip_fr.htm)

david viewing
14th Apr 2011, 12:40
A couple of years ago I landed for a quick fuel stop and was told to wait for a bus to take me to the terminal to pay my landing fee. The bowser came and went very efficiently (credit card terminal on board) but the bus never showed.

I asked ATC if I could walk and was told to wait for the bus. After an hour a full size airport bus arrived but even then the driver did not know how to get into the terminal! Eventually he banged on the glass to attract a guard who let me in, only to find that the GA desk was unnattended and that they would 'send me an invoice' anyway. I walked back to the plane.

The invoice eventually came but they didn't take credit cards, etc., etc. By arrangement I sent them a UK cheque endorsed in Euros and never heard from them again but don't know if it went through.

They were all perfectly friendly, just seemed to be taken by surprise by a visiting foreign light aircraft!

Jan Olieslagers
14th Apr 2011, 12:46
For web-info: Navigeo - Consultation du terrain LFRS - Nantes Atlantique (http://navigeo.org/LFRS) which even has some photo's. Plus a mention "handling mandatory, handling possible from ACB, free" ACB must stand for aero-club, I suppose.