PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance - Helmets RAF Mk4

Arclite01
12th Apr 2011, 10:03
Hi

I have recently come into possession of 2 x Mk4 Helmets - they look OK, and the earpeices work but not the mikes but before I use them I'd like to have them bench tested/repaired

Can anyone advise of a good place to get this done. Ideally local to Norfolk UK.

Ta

Arc

hum
12th Apr 2011, 10:07
HSL Shoreham

S-Works
12th Apr 2011, 10:08
I can second HSL. As I recall the mics wont work because they are incompatible with GA comms and well need converting.

Arclite01
12th Apr 2011, 16:46
Well I purchased 2 new mikes from HSL and had them locally fitted - headsets OK - mikes still don't work !!

I was hoping that would fix any probs - it's definately in the helmet as my conventional headsets work in the A/C.

Just wondered if anyone knew someone local to Norfolk who could take a look. If no joy then send to HSL it is................

Ta

Arc

md 600 driver
13th Apr 2011, 11:49
The mikes in the mark 4 are different than conventional they are mil spec (low impedance I think ) you need converters to use them

Steve

Unusual Attitude
13th Apr 2011, 12:49
I've got a MK4L which I use with a Mil to GA plug adaptor which has a built in Mic Amp....wont work without one...

This is the sort of thing you want but shop around for prices....

PILOT PA89 MILITARY CONVERTER ADAPTOR (http://www.transair.co.uk/sp+Aviation-Headset-Adaptors-Cables-PILOT-PA89-MILITARY-CONVERTER-ADAPTOR+2174)

Regards

UA