PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshire Air Ambulance & Multiflight

misterbonkers
11th Apr 2011, 19:26
Overheard today that Multiflight has won the Yorkshire Air Ambulance contract in addition to the GNAAS one. I'd say that given one of the people in the conversation (Multiflight management) that it's a reliable source!

I hope that TUPE will apply to all involved (it didn't when MF took over the GNAAS contract!)

FloaterNorthWest
12th Apr 2011, 11:18
If its a new contract won after a tendering process TUPE won't apply.

They are quite entitled to bring in their own aircraft and staff if they want to.

What Limits
12th Apr 2011, 13:56
IIRC TUPE was brought in for exactly that reason to stop people getting thrown out or ripped off as the new contractor came in.

What may have happened is that the incumbents were offered positions with the new contractor and elected not to take them up.

Bertie Thruster
12th Apr 2011, 14:18
If its a new contract won after a tendering process TUPE won't apply.

Unless its a contract to maintain and fly the same aircraft on the same task.

Barshifter
12th Apr 2011, 15:39
Wonder if we will be seeing a yellow Dauphin;)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/Barshifter/thumb-pdr_0096.jpg

wright123
12th Apr 2011, 18:50
Didn't the charity buy their 902's, or are they on a finance package similar to leasing, ie One of PAS's a/c mortgages?

Not suprised it went to Multiflight, they are a far better outfit, management and owner wise. :ok:

Lokon
12th Apr 2011, 19:58
As I presume Multiflight dont have any Explorer tooling or type rated engineers, are they hoping for help from PAS for a while. I take it some of the PAS Northern staff will jump ship?

whoateallthepies
13th Apr 2011, 07:18
As long as a certain Plastic Surgeon is not involved with the bid!
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_6sDYRTvw520/TaVOAlq8kZI/AAAAAAAAAEs/5mDPSLMHHG8/s128/pie.jpg

lynx no more
13th Apr 2011, 10:00
Miss Tilton might buy the 902's for spares if the charity drop her a line, or Joep and his PAS/MAS outfit may want them for the other dwindling contracts.

At least YAA saw the light, Multiflight are an outfit on how it should be done here in the UK, just ask GNAA and Michael Owen :D

Bertie Thruster
13th Apr 2011, 15:54
If they are not keeping the YAA 902's why are MF ringing around for 902 engineers?

..or is that the way it should be done here in the UK?

206 jock
13th Apr 2011, 16:34
An interesting 'find' from the charity's annual report '09 (covering the period to March '10)

The net consolidated assets of the YAA Charity has increased by 26%
and now stand at £4.43M and this has allowed us to repay additional
monies on the Yorkshire Bank asset finance loans on our helicopter
G-CEMS and it is planned that by March 2011, the initial asset finance
loans for the two helicopters will be totally repaid

And from another part of the report

By March 2009, we had repaid the first finance loan on G-SASH
leaving a balance of £566,130 on G-CEMS, which is due to be paid
by March 2014. We do however, envisage the outstanding balance
on G-CEMS to be fully repaid by March 2011

So just maybe, they now own both cabs and are looking for a more local maintenance arrangement than shipping them all the way down to Gloucester? Don't forget, this charity uniquely benefitted from the unfortunate accident involving a telly celeb and an ongoing high profile telly series....

The MAS guys have always played a pretty straight bat as far as I can tell. Yes, I've sat round a desk with them, arguing my point of view (which didn't agree with theirs!) but that's what negotiating is all about. They are a business at the end of the day, not a charity themselves.

whoateallthepies
13th Apr 2011, 18:11
206 jock
Arguing your point of view regarding what? Not involved with the convicted fraudsters from the Ambulance Service, were you?

Or the attempt to introduce a Finnish pilot to write up an AOC? And pay him out of charity funds? And call him "Chief Pilot" even though the MAS Chief Pilot was still there? Eventually scrapping the whole idea? (At great cost).

Murky past to YAA! I was there playing the straight bat.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_6sDYRTvw520/TaVOAlq8kZI/AAAAAAAAAEs/5mDPSLMHHG8/s128/pie.jpg

206 jock
13th Apr 2011, 18:19
Perhaps I should make plain that my involvement with MAS/PAS was nothing to do with YAA, but with another completely separate charity.

Not defending anyone, just providing a little balance.

WAATP, do all your insider comments relate to MAS and their practices or rather more YAA goings-on?

lynx no more
13th Apr 2011, 20:51
MAS/PAS is owned and ran by Joep van den Nieuwenhuyzen who is on trial again in Holland.
He's Already done a stretch inside for previous irregular payments etc, so maybe it doesnt matter who is working in the trenches with the guys on the ground or in the air.
The customer may want a breath of fresh air when handing out the contracts and who they are paying the money to even if another operator is more expensive.
I'm suprised the UK police still have anything to do with Joep after the Pinochet tank investigation, as he is PAS/MAS and on bail again!

Maybe a change of cab will be just what the doctor/paramedic ordered, as well ;)

The Great North charity seem to be doing well with the Multiflight firm and their 2 new dauphins, according to a mate up north :ok:

peterprobe
13th Apr 2011, 22:14
Lynx no more , you really have a bone against MAS
Don't you, got to wonder why , they not hire you or something.
Outsider here but your posts are all anti.

whoateallthepies
14th Apr 2011, 07:02
My comments relate to shenanigans by the charity in the early days. It was definitely MAS playing the straight bat in those days! There were enough idiots with their own agenda trying to change things. I was even warned by the first Flight Ops Inspector for YAA to watch out for the "Yorkshire Mafia"! Some Characters well known to the CAA back then but they couldn't warn me about the fraudsters running WYMAS!

Glad to see the charity is running so well and good luck to them with Multiflight, who were always supportive and a great help to YAA in the early days. (Even though it was MAS). I'm sure they will provide a good service.https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_6sDYRTvw520/TaVOAlq8kZI/AAAAAAAAAEs/5mDPSLMHHG8/s128/pie.jpg

lynx no more
14th Apr 2011, 10:17
Peterprobe, (HR) Keep fishing ;) but if I was running an ambulance charity who were paying lots of charity money out, I'd sure want to know who owned the company, so gather what you want.
If the owner of the previous company was such an angel there wouldnt be another trial going on in Holland at the moment now would there?

How many in the UK and company itself knew about the owners previous trial and prison sentance before it all came out on here, after being heavily publicised in Holland? Not many I bet, but I have a feeling thats how you'd like it to be! :rolleyes:

Multiflight on the other hand are like a breath of fresh air in the industry on how it should be done.

Good luck to all at YAA, the BBC tv show provides an interesting insight into just what a good service you and other ambulance charities provide on a daily basis - saving lives. Its a pity the government doesnt help with funding :ok:

206 jock
14th Apr 2011, 14:26
Its a pity the government doesnt help with funding

Most people I know in the air ambulance world are grateful that they do not.

What Limits
15th Apr 2011, 02:54
Just look at what is happening to (Government-funded) Police Aviation!