PDA

View Full Version : DHL 757 europe Pay and general conditions?

aviator57uk
28th Oct 2000, 02:23
Anybody know what the terms and conditions are like for 757 drivers for DHL in BRU any info would be appreciated.Thanks in anticipation

763 jock
28th Oct 2000, 02:31
Cr*p!!

InTheDark
28th Oct 2000, 12:13
They have operated a two tier system, contract, and full time.

Now the only thing on offer is the fulltime. Some of the contract guys are a little upset because the full time pay is less than the contract pay.

To put the full time pay into perspective it is better than the UK charter airlines pay in terms of take home money. There is a fairly complicated way in which they calulate pay but it is remitted 13.9 times per year. There is a bonus scheme for full time employies, pension scheme, life insurance, relocation assistance, and medical cover.

The most important benefit is the 8 on 6 off roster pattern. This means you can have a life outside work.

You also pay tax on the money so the tax man will not be after you at some stage in the future!

I think the package compares favourably with the "industry norm". Sure there are drawbacks but is n't that the case with every job?

P.S. For the guys on contracts I can understand why your upset about the full time scales being lower than the Airline Appointment rates, but please don't have a go at me for answering the request for information. If you wan't to have a dig perhaps the management should be the target of your comments, after all they are the ones who determine pay and conditions not the poor old line pilots!