PDA

View Full Version : Non-expiring PPLs

tmmorris
7th Apr 2011, 14:49
Related to my other question (you can tell that the 10th anniversary of my PPL is coming up!) - I read somewhere that PPLs were to become non-expiring again. Does that apply to existing PPLs or will I need to apply for renewal this year when it expires, and then will I get a permanent one?

(Mine is a UK-issued JAR PPL.)

Tim

Captain Smithy
7th Apr 2011, 16:17
I think it applies to everyone. Not sure about UK PPLs but I read somewhere that everyone with a JAR license is to automatically get an EASA one and it will be for life as opposed to the current setup. That's when the EASA licenses appear though, I don't know what will happen in the meantime.

Smithy

bookworm
7th Apr 2011, 17:08
Worse than that Tim, I'm afraid. You'll have to renew your licence for another JAR-FCL one this year, then when it expires in 2016 it will again have to be replaced by an EASA Part-FCL one. That will be non-expiring.

proudprivate
8th Apr 2011, 13:16
have to be replaced by an EASA Part-FCL one

That is, assuming there will be an EASA Part-FCL license. Latest rumour has it the text has yet not been transmitted to the European Parliament.

But the intention is indeed that, unlike EASA itself and the EASA 2012 budget, the EASA license will be non-expiring. :E

tmmorris
8th Apr 2011, 14:06
Thanks all. Business as usual for now, then (business being the word, as far as the CAA goes!)

Tim

BillieBob
9th Apr 2011, 08:46
Latest rumour has it the text has yet not been transmitted to the European Parliament.Hardly surprising given that Part-FCL will now need considerable amendment to include the provisions of the now defunct Part-OR. Since the latter has not yet completed the CRD process, let alone comitology, it will be interesting to see how EASA attempts to bring the implmentation of the two documents together.

BEagle
9th Apr 2011, 09:53
The European Parliament will not now be debating part-FCL until June at the earliest.....

FlyingKiwi_73
10th Apr 2011, 19:40
Come to NZ!!! life time licenses (unless one does something silly) and a BFR every 2 years! hoorah!!!

blueandwhite
10th Apr 2011, 20:02
Come to NZ!!! life time licenses (unless one does something silly) and a BFR every 2 years! hoorah!!!

Bit like our current arrangments on a CAA PPL then. :)

Just as an aside
"a BFR every 2 years" Well how often would you expect a BIANNUAL flight review then? :)

gijoe
10th Apr 2011, 20:20
I would expect a Biannual Flight Review twice a year and a Biennial Flight Review once every two years...............................

G:ok:

FlyingKiwi_73
11th Apr 2011, 00:20
HAH!! GI Joe beat me too it. We had (another) student ask the same question, we made him wash the Tommies :-)

Back on thread, what is this 10 year limit then if the CAA PPL is life time? is this JAAPPL?

blueandwhite
11th Apr 2011, 21:24
:\:O Balls - :mad::D:O

OK your right on that one, you caught out my dyslexia :ugh:

Assuming that you did really know what your acronym meant and are simply being pedantic in an attempt at sophistication, I will rephrase my question.

"a BFR every 2 years" - How often would you expect a BFR then? :ugh:

In case you are in any doubt (sophistication - a deliberately invalid argument displaying ingenuity in reasoning in the hope of deceiving someone)

flybymike
11th Apr 2011, 23:49
OK your right on that one, you caught out my dyslexia

While we are talking dyslexia, that should be "you're" right;)

blueandwhite
12th Apr 2011, 21:47
that should be "you're" right;)

Thanks, your right of course. The correct gramer and punctuation is so much more important than the content of the message. ;)

Fuji Abound
12th Apr 2011, 23:05
While we are talking dyslexia, that should be "you're" right

As a point of order perhaps that should be typing not talking