PDA

View Full Version : Logging Flight Hours

materazzi
3rd Apr 2011, 22:17
How do you log the Flight time in your logbook?

We do 4 legs in the same day and same Aircraft Reg.

Would you do each leg with its time or sum up the Flight time and just do one entry?(in that case break down each leg on the remarks section)

Thanks

Tinstaafl
4th Apr 2011, 04:26
Usually a single line entry as long as the date, crew & aircraft remain the same. Landing points in remarks. 'Via xyz' if there's significant routing point I'd like to record. At least, that's how I do it.

FlyingForFun
4th Apr 2011, 21:07
The rules in different countries may vary, but advice to UK pilots can be found in LASORS (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/srg_lts_LASORS%202010%20Bookmarked.pdf), Section A, Appendix B. Under the heading "Recording of Pilot Function", paragraph 1.f reads:If the holder of a licence carries out a number of flights upon the same day returning on each occasion to the same place of departure and the interval between successive flights does not exceed thirty minutes, such series of flights may recorded as a single entry.

materazzi
11th Apr 2011, 00:43
Thanks for the answers, i've been doing that, one single entry if its the same date, Aircraft Reg and crew, and put each leg on the remark section,

Thanks again

JimmyBiggles
11th Apr 2011, 17:51
No prescriptive rules I would suggest, just do what feels good to you! Being a bit of a statistics nut myself I like to log everything!! :bored: