PDA

View Full Version : Can you remember the ICAO for Leavesden, please?

Captain Tobias Wilcox
25th Oct 2000, 21:43
Can anyone remember the ICAO four-letter designator for Leavesden, please?

Thank you if you can!

Air Driven Generator
25th Oct 2000, 23:01
My magic book of spells shows EGTI

Buzzoff
25th Oct 2000, 23:09
Well, you have caused a stir in Buzzoff House, tonight!

Aah, Leavesden, I sighed - did my IR training there, so into the old boxes I go trying to find an old Pooleys - found all sorts, photos, very large (dead) spider (embarrassing girlish yelp at that one) and have looked in all the old logbooks - to no avail. Now the place looks as if a large helicopter has passed slowly through - good job there isn't a Mrs Buzzoff, because I would probably now be out on my ear.

Thanks, pal! - and by the way, how is 'Coconut Airways'?

B17 PLT
26th Oct 2000, 00:18
Breaks my heart to fly over it now with the guts torn out of it. Hope the old Mosquito hangars have been listed to prevent wanton destruction.

Captain Tobias Wilcox
26th Oct 2000, 01:17
Thank you all for your replies. It breaks my heart, too, especially remembering that it was a good, safe, airport with a decent runway - and of course it closed leaving the likes of Elstree as the alternative!!

Happy days, indeed, and I am glad to have jogged my buzzzy friend's memory. Things are fine here, by the way, as we have found a more satisfactory method of securing the company emblem in the flight deck overhead, and thus bumps on the 'bonce' are fewer and further between!

;) ;) ;)

Buzzoff
26th Oct 2000, 03:44
Well, I reckon that's one of the best handles on PPRuNe. Still going to Barbados? Doing ID90s by any chance?.........!!

:)

Captain Tobias Wilcox
26th Oct 2000, 13:15
Yes, still serving Barbados - we did attempt to launch an Ibiza route last year, as part of the marketing for which we commissioned a new version of the company theme song from a popular 'teen' beat combo.

Sadly, on arrival of our first service to the Island, the crew (who had only heard of it through this ditty) mis-pronounced the name of the island so badly that ATC denied permission to land.

That's life, I guess. I'll pass on your compliments to Mr and Mrs Wilcox, my folks (not Brian though.....!)