PDA

View Full Version : Air Traffic Control Experience Help Anyone?

Drake Stevens
2nd Apr 2011, 16:22
Hi there,

My name is Drake Stevens and I'm putting together a resource/review website for future air traffic controllers that are trying to figure out which AT-CTI program to attend.

If you've attended a one of these schools, I really like to send you a brief Q/A by email to tell me about your experience at a particular school. This interviews are intended to help future ATC students pick the school that's right for them.

If you're interested, here's the gist of what I'm hoping to get out of each interview:

- Quality of training: Do you think the school prepared you for a career with the FAA? Where the instructors helpful? Did it help you pass the AT-SAT? What are the pros can cons of attending from an educational standpoint?

- School Experience: What's the school like? Lots of parties or pretty buttoned up? What is the town like? Lots to see and do or pretty much nothing but study. Did you enjoy your overall experience?

- Recommendation: If you had the opportunity to go back and do it all over again, would you still go to this school? Please explain.

If you're interested in sharing your training experience and help out some future ATC professionals, please email ([email protected]) or PM me. Thanks a lot!

Also, if you're hired off the street or attended the military first before your ATC career, I'm interested in talking to you too!

Mike_Retired_ATC
5th Apr 2011, 23:55
Drake,

You might want to check out Stuckmic.com they have all kinds of information on all the CTI schools in the United States. This web site is used by a lot of individuals looking to become air traffic controllers so the site administrators would be able to give you some good insight.