PDA

View Full Version : Heathrow Director

CAT3C AUTOLAND
31st Mar 2011, 15:54
Ladies and Gents.

Just out of curiosity, have there been a few people leave the LHR Director team in the last few months? There seem to be a few new voices these days and a few voices I have not heard for ages?

All the best.

BEXIL160
31st Mar 2011, 20:57
.... or perhaps the interference from a certain Hillingdon Mini Cab firm is back?:confused:

Roffa
31st Mar 2011, 22:19
Perhaps it could be more positive than that in that a few people have successfully validated on a notoriously hard radar position and these are the voices you're hearing.

Anyone that has recently validated will still have been heard on the r/t for the last 8 to 12 months or thereabouts.

A small number gone, a small number validated, we're still short of validations, no major changes.

CAT3C AUTOLAND
31st Mar 2011, 23:33
Roffa,

Thank you.

Arfur Dent
1st Apr 2011, 05:54
My compliments to the Heathrow Director team for their skill and unflappable professionalism. Radar vectors to land after 0602Z if you're number 1 can be a bit tense but they are brilliant at it. Thanks to all. Great job. Best in the world IMHO.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
1st Apr 2011, 06:51
<<we're still short of validations>>

So nothing has changed in the last 40 years then?

soaringhigh650
1st Apr 2011, 16:27
Can't comment. Unlike LAX, I couldn't afford to fly, let alone be allowed to fly, in a PA28, into Heathrow.

Gonzo
1st Apr 2011, 17:49
Errrrrm,

OK.

:confused:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
1st Apr 2011, 18:01
Don't think you'd miss him, eh Gonzo? Welcome back from far, far away (you lucky blighter).

India 99
3rd Apr 2011, 15:13
<Can't comment. Unlike LAX, I couldn't afford to fly, let alone be allowed to fly, in a PA28, into Heathrow.>

Just could not resist checking my old log books . . . OK it was very nearly 40 years ago . . . but (and there will be many others IC etc!)

19th May 1971
GAWRK
Cessna 150 J
ex Biggin Hill
ATA 1630

Departed to Gatwick at 1710

The point is . . it cost peanuts and I am sure to have the receipt somewhere in the loft and more importantly the guys said no problem !! . . . halcyon days :ok:

I clearly recall landing on 10R and spending a while in Block 85 trying hard to figure out which way to head off to the VIP suite (awful lot of concrete from where I was sitting)

Team LL . . Rocks :ok:

99:cool:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
3rd Apr 2011, 17:03
Chap got a bit lost in bad weather trying to find White Waltham. We asked if he'd like to divert to Heathrow to which he replied: "How long is the runway". One of my ex-colleagues said "If you land across it you'll still have room"!

India 99
3rd Apr 2011, 18:16
. . And . . . when a severe and unexpectedly extensive snow storm hit the London TMA area many moons ago and all our efforts where taken up to land the puddle jumpers anywhere we could . .

( I recall moi was DirN with a n other on DirS and between us we handled all the scheduled IFR traffic from the four stacks whilst EVERYONE else including those on rest periods were fully occupied in the task of getting the rest safely back to terra firma - charts spread out on the app room floor to ID railways or anything at all that would help)

. . . and yes a couple were vectored onto the hallowed concrete (LL) and one of these pilots when this was offered did ask how much it would cost him ?!!

. . . we gave him a suitable reply along the lines off " your life maybe if you decline " . . he landed safely and seemed grateful after the event.

Happy days

99:cool: