PDA

View Full Version : CAA....

DeltaTango
22nd Jun 2001, 10:27
www.jaa.nl (http://www.jaa.nl) inform people that they are to contact the respective NAA(National Aviation Authority), with questions about license conversion.

Can anyone help me with a:
web site
FAX
Tel. nummber
to the British CAA?

Thanks in advance
DT

ps-I may be 1st class NERD,but I could'ntfind anything on www.caa.co.uk (http://www.caa.co.uk)

JB007
22nd Jun 2001, 11:31
Try 01293 573700
Flight Crew Licensing, at CAA LGW.

Be prepared to be put in the hold !

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/aircraft/Planeattitude.gif

------------------
I've Got Bad Attitude!

Manflex55
22nd Jun 2001, 11:38
Have U tried this :

http://www.srg.caa.co.uk/pld/fcl/fcl_faq.asp

daytrader
22nd Jun 2001, 11:49
My questions for UK colleagues regarding Oz ATPL conversion follow;

Got to do the theory subjects, no problem.
Got to do a skills test in a multi crew a/c, no problem.

Don't have 500 multi crew hours therefore need to do an approved "type rating training organisation" course, unless exempted under JAR FCL 1.280/2.280 experience requirements.

What are these requirements? (trawled the website to no avail)
How much for a TRTO course and rating (time and money)?
Would you recommend a particular type?
Have I overlooked anything significant?

All info is appreciated. Thanks.

BTW....avagoodweekend. :)

[This message has been edited by daytrader (edited 22 June 2001).]

DeltaTango
24th Jun 2001, 01:59
The site states that you most undergo a complete training course in order to get your JAA IR, even if you hold such a rating....if I understood it correctly, that is?

That is bl**dy unbeleivable....can this really be true?

Please someone tell me that I missunderstood something...

DT

And thanks for your replays.

robione
24th Jun 2001, 05:09
Sorry to bear bad news mate,but yes.Anyone requiring a JAR IR RATING will have to undergo the entire training course,followed by the IRskill test.Holders of a commercial licence are given a 5 hr reduction.This ruling came into effect pretty early this year and has caused a lot of problems to a lot of people.It was sprung overnight and people had gone from the uk to the states to do an FAA IR hoping to convert it on return and trying to save some money in the process,only to find that this ruling was sprung whilst a lot of people were in the states,and returned home to that.Quite a nightmare for a lot of people i expect.

411A
24th Jun 2001, 07:58
It was mentioned on PPRuNe last year that the "new" JAA regs would screw a lot of people. Looks like that particular prognostication has come to pass.
Sounds like the NEW FAA....."we're here to help".

DeltaTango
24th Jun 2001, 09:31
Unbelievable...absurd, to say the least.
OK-give a written and some flying to get to know europes highways..but AN ENTIRE COURSE?!?

I suppose they'll wake up in a couple of years when stand there screaming for pilots and they find out that people are'nt qualifying because it's freecking impossible!!!

Sorry, got a bit angry, well, I'm still ticked about it but have begun breathing again.

Anyway, happy flying everyone.

DT

Manflex55
24th Jun 2001, 13:23
As Robione said, this new regulation came in force on the 1st of Feb 2001 & was faxed by the CAA to every flight school in the UK. Before that date, any candidate wishing to convert a non-JAA IR only needed to train "at the discretion of the FTO", which is another name for an "unapproved course".

Now the only candidates who can still do that are those who have started their IR FLIGHT training prior to that date. For example, if U have flown 1h IFR with a CAA-approved instructor prior to the 1st of Feb (as shown on your logbook) & been quoted a "non-approved" IR training, you can avoid the approved course. If not, I'm afraid there's no option.

Good luck.

MF55

daytrader
25th Jun 2001, 12:16
Hmmmmmmmmm...........
Unless you have ATPL and 500 co pilot you might as well start again.

adouglas
10th Aug 2001, 19:27
I am a bit late on this one but I've been exploring the possibility of training in Australia (ATPL) - in the light of this, is it not worth it?
What would the cost/length of conversion be?

Manflex55
11th Aug 2001, 12:30
Well the only thing that can still save U money is an ICAO (Australian or other) CPL, as the required JAR conversion training remains "@ the discretion of the FTO", so a few hours if U're good, longer if U're... not as good. But considering U'll have to take all the JAR exams & the entire JAR IR course anyway, the small amount of money U'll end up saving might not B worth a trip to Aussie. As an example, I paid about £3k for the conversion of my FAA CPL (including all CAA fees), which is only £1k less than the cheapest approved JAR CPL course in the UK (not including CAA fees).

MF