PDA

View Full Version : Oh no 210 landing gear trouble - call your loved ones?

rioncentu
30th Mar 2011, 09:18
Passengers told to 'call your loved ones' aboard ChartAir Cessna 210 flight | Courier Mail (http://www.couriermail.com.au/travel/news/passengers-told-to-call-your-loved-ones-aboard-chartair-cessna-210-flight/story-e6freqwo-1226030588449)

Passengers told to call their loved ones??

beat ups are fun
30th Mar 2011, 09:29
Oh my god! are you serious? :ugh:

b_sta
30th Mar 2011, 09:40
Surely the pilot was taking the piss, if he actually said anything to that effect at all.

RadioSaigon
30th Mar 2011, 10:01
If that's a photo of the actual aircraft, it strikes me that the registration is pretty appropriate to the reported circumstance... WiMP :E

roundaboutway
30th Mar 2011, 10:39
Looks like the media making something out of nothing...again!

I note that nowhere in the article did it say the pilot told the passengers to call loved ones.

tom88
30th Mar 2011, 10:39
Another article of pure fiction from the N.T. News.

206greaser
30th Mar 2011, 10:59
Which one of you chartair boys pissed off the NT "News"? They really seem to have it in for the company!

Cheers,
Greaser

rioncentu
30th Mar 2011, 11:16
Yep there's no floods or cyclones or tsunamis or meltdowns today so they dream up crap like that:ugh:

eternity
30th Mar 2011, 11:29
Although having no real info on this.....

It would not surprise me that whilst the pilot was holding to try and sort out the problem a conversation went something like this....

Passenger - "Can I turn on/use my phone?"
Pilot - "Um ok."

Which can then allow the NT News to use such a misleading headline.

The Green Goblin
30th Mar 2011, 12:12
Or the passengers went:

Pax: ehhh pah-lot can I use me puckin phone?

Pilot: Um, standby, I'm kinda busy right now

Pax: ehh dats okay ay, ah just godda call up me brudda. Iz dis gunna take long eh Pah-lot? Im a kinda thirsty ay?

Pilot: Standby and await further instructions.

Pax: How bout a schmoke den ay? You got wun I can borrow?

Pilot: :ugh: :mad::mad::mad:

Pilot: Pan Pan, Pan Pan, Pan Pan, 210 xxx xxx xxx, gear issues and injured passenger, request immediate vectors for final.

ATC: xxx, copy the pan pan, state the nature of the injuries.

Pilot: I dunno, if you look at your window, you'll see him in about 5 seconds.....:ouch:

ATC: Understood.

alidad
30th Mar 2011, 12:35
In my day.......a mate had an u/c problem in a C210 and got the black fella to hang out the door with a cargo strap and lock it in place.:ok:

And I used to carry the horse twenty miles to school everyday.:p