PDA

View Full Version : Guvnor on sabbatical?

partagas
4th Feb 2002, 18:35
Have just fired up PPRUNE after my holiday, and notice an absence of contributions from that most prolific of posters, THE GUVNOR. One can normally rely on him to provide some item of interest that provokes enthusiastic response. Has he gone on holiday?

Gaza
4th Feb 2002, 18:48
His last post was 14th January. He had a b0llocking from Danny about posting copyright material. Danny had received correspondance from someone (probably the copyright owners) and was asking The Guv for an address he could forward it too. Since then he has vanished.

flapsforty
4th Feb 2002, 19:24
partagas, for more gissip/info have a look at <a href="http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=005920&p=1" target="_blank">this link</a> on JB.

Eff Oh
4th Feb 2002, 19:33
He has been banned from PPRuNe. . .<a href="http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=005920" target="_blank">Check this out!</a>

Not entirely sure what happened, but it must have been serious!. .Eff Oh.

Eff Oh
4th Feb 2002, 19:35
Ah beat me to it Flaps! :)

partagas
5th Feb 2002, 17:09
Many thanks for the replies directing me to the appropriate "threads".. . I can add nothing useful to the debate on this individual's conduct since I am not acquainted with him and only know of him on the unreliable basis of assertions made on these forums.. . However, the posts he contributed were generally : topical, interesting, and conducive to debate. Furthermore his syntax, grammar, and spelling were excellent, making for easy reading and comprehension, in contrast to so many other members' posts.. . Now, for the benefit of myself and other members not "au fait" with the relevant technology, would someone kindly explain just how an individual can be "barred" from internet forums such as these. I can accept that a server might be able to recognise and reject any input from a source that it is programmed to block, regardless of names and e mail addresses submitted by that source. However, what means are available to stop uninvited undesirables from "gatecrashing" the forums via a complete change of computer , e mail address ,and personal details.. . If it is not possible to prevent this type of participation, it would mean that THE GUVNOR might still be with us!

[ 05 February 2002: Message edited by: partagas ]</p>