PDA

View Full Version : FAA to TCCA ATP

Bob Probert
28th Mar 2011, 14:35
Hi guys/gals,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I'm sure the answers I'm looking for have already been answered, but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I currently hold a FAA ATP with several type ratings and I want to do the conversion to a Canadian ATPL.

I found lots of info in Transport Canada website.

I obtained my Cat 1 medical last month and will submit my application for verification today.

Question: Has anyone taken the test yet and how much preparation should I do? Where do you get a copy to CAR's, etc...

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Probert
4th Apr 2011, 00:21
227 views and no reply. Come on peeps, help a fellow canadian coming back to the mother land

surveytheworld
4th Apr 2011, 01:10
The CARs and the (very vague and broad) written exam guide are on the Transport Canada website.

It's not like the US - the questions are not published. I'm not aware of any test prep books specifically for the conversion exam, but they may be out there... failing that, you could get the full ATPL books from Aerocourse, which may help in the studying. (Might be some other ideas on the avcanada forums, not sure.)

I have heard, and am not surprised, that this exam is one of (if not "the") most failed exam at TC.

Good luck.

surveytheworld
4th Apr 2011, 01:12
p.s. you're probably not getting any replies because I would assume that most of us who frequent this particular area of Pprune already hold Canadian licenses and haven't had to write that conversion exam...

jeff.d.jones
4th Apr 2011, 02:56
bob,
one option is to go to the Harv's Air Website. They have something called
Pilottraining.ca, an online course for I think $100.
I took the course and passed, BTW I have nothing to do with them other
than I guess a satisfied customer.
Cheers.
and good luck.
j

jl_pilot
13th Apr 2011, 12:12
Hi, I also used pilottraining.ca and bought the course for $100 CAD. I also purchased a copy of the TC AIM which I think you can get from the TC website or amazon.com.

I passed with a pretty high mark and was happy with the course. I did some back up study with the TC AIM. As far as how much prep you do, in my opinion you can never do too much. Especially if you plan to fly in Canadian Airspace. Luckily it's not that much different from the US. Just a few differences in things like Airspace classification and altimter setting regions up North.

Good luck!

Jermaine...

Lucid
14th Apr 2011, 12:21
Hi Bob,

Send me a PM and I will fill you in. I recently did the process.

Bob Probert
22nd Apr 2011, 00:48
thanks for all the tips guys. I really appreciate it.

Lucid, PM on the way.

offcg
31st Jul 2011, 12:59
I know this post is dead just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to prepare for the TC conversion exams for ATPL

Ive tried looking thru this site there seems to be very little or no info.
Thanks