PDA

View Full Version : PPR Logging

WelshHopper
23rd Mar 2011, 19:45
Hi Controllers et al.

This is a quick question I wanted to ask for all controllers, local airfield FISOs, and AG Ops.

What do you use to log PPR requests from pilots? Excel/word/pen and paper?

Please answer.

Much appreciated,

WH :ok:

Brian81
23rd Mar 2011, 20:21
I work at a full ATC airfield in class G.

When pilots call to 'book in', that is for our purposes classed as "PPR". We fill out a flight progress strip with the details and place it in the pending bay for the controller.

At other aifields, the process is much the same.

PPR tends to come about so that traffic levels can be predicted and policed. It also allows the pilot to get an accurate prebrief on the airfield conditions (ie, open /closed /runway blocked etc).

I'd suggest that for whatever the reason the "PPR" instruction is given, as long as that reason is 'answered' and solved, that would do...:ok:

reportyourlevel
23rd Mar 2011, 20:45
We (ATC, class D airspace) are PPR for training. We use a pen-and-paper diary to record the PPR, and input details into our flight data management system as this allows for strip printing/movement logging/invoicing etc. (Unless the pilot intends to file a FPL in which case the flight data is picked up automagically from the AFTN.)

chevvron
23rd Mar 2011, 20:52
FISO airfield partly in class A and partly in class G, we do the same as Brian81's airfield and if the PPR request is made one or more days ahead, we have a 'pending' FPS bay for flights on subsequent days.

WelshHopper
23rd Mar 2011, 20:58
Thanks all so far, it really helps me, please feel free to keep the answers coming!

WH :ok:

Farshid
1st Mar 2013, 09:11
Hi
Any body can help me for landing minima column??::confused: