PDA

View Full Version : Should I leave the forum?

Morrisman1
23rd Mar 2011, 08:38
After a year of training I've now got my commercial licence with multi engine instrument rating, so I don't really fit into the "private flying' umbrella anymore.

Just kidding though (I'm not leaving). Im just happy to have achieved my goals which I were expecting to take two years but hard work has paid off. Im now on the mission of job hunting while finishing off some Dip. Management papers and the goal is to be in a paid flying job before the end of the year.

Its been a great road, have had lots of fun during my training and that will continue throughout my career I'm sure. Now I've got one hell of a loan to deal with!

WelshHopper
23rd Mar 2011, 08:45
Congratulations Morrisman1 !

Can't wait (although I'll have to) before I can say the same!

WelshHopper :ok:

B2N2
23rd Mar 2011, 15:29
Well you still fly privately don't you ? :ugh:
Or is every flight in a spamcan a commercial flight now? :suspect:

Congrats on your achievement.:ok:

JW411
23rd Mar 2011, 17:59
What a silly question! I went solo in 1957 and spent 46 years flying with an ATPL but I still frequent the private flying forums and still fly light aircraft.

You are never, ever, old enough to know everything.

blueandwhite
23rd Mar 2011, 20:32
Congratulations, now you've qualified you must know it all. :) Only Kidding. Well done, good achivment at such a tender age.

You are never, ever, old enough to know everything.

I think you will find that several people on here do know it all :rolleyes:

Danscowpie
23rd Mar 2011, 20:53
After a year of training I've now got my commercial licence with multi engine instrument rating, so I don't really fit into the "private flying' umbrella anymore

Well done and hearty congrat's on achieving what you have.
Although you said you were just kidding, when you finally get a job to match your hard earned qualifcations, you'll be crapping yourself for the first few months in the hope that everything you do is to the letter of your employers ops manual.
Thereafter, for every step you move onward & upward (and I hope this is a rapid sequence), come back and read this post and all the comments herein.
Hopefully it will, if nothing else, remind you of hard you had to work to get to this stage and, regardless of where you may be on your chosen career path, how much you still have to aspire to.

Best of luck.:ok:

Sir George Cayley
23rd Mar 2011, 21:10
Nobody likes a big head - so shove off.

But before you go - can I carry your flight bag?

SGC

flyinkiwi
24th Mar 2011, 03:34
Private flying is the same thing we all enjoy even if some of us get paid to fly on other days of the week.

I remember one guy who started learning to fly just after I got my PPL who whizzed through his CPL and went off overseas to fly in some unpronounceable country. When I next saw him he had amassed hundreds of hours and I asked him if he still enjoys flying now that its a job. He said that he has days at work when they are flying milk runs and it gets tedious, but when he is up in a small piston single with his family and/or friends he still gets as big a kick out of flying as he did when he had 50 hours in his logbook and the ink was still drying on his PPL.

FlyingKiwi_73
24th Mar 2011, 03:59
if they can keep me in beer and baked beens i'd quite happily fly "unmarked" cargo in algeria (as a lucky friend of mine has done)

The wife however likes 42" plasma screen TV's and heating.

Remember if it says "tractor parts" in the manifest, don't check the crates.

Well done and Good luck to you mate!:D

SNS3Guppy
24th Mar 2011, 05:35
Every additional certificate and rating is the proverbial license to learn.