PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Airlines Looking for Cadet Pilots in India , University Degree Required

Pages : [1] 2

cyrilroy21
23rd Mar 2011, 02:20
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=CAP/2011/03/23/56/Img/Ad0560404.png

cyrilroy21
23rd Mar 2011, 02:27
As published in todays Times of India Ascent

e-paper Sign-in (http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Client.asp?Action=view/issue&section=Times%20Ascent&Daily=CAP&BaseHref=CAP/2011/03/23&Issue=CAP/2011/03/23&Page=51&Enter=true&Skin=TANEW)

P.S : Mods please do not delete this thread :ok:

cyrilroy21
23rd Mar 2011, 03:03
Apply at the following link

Pilot Appointments -- Singapore Airlines (http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/company_info/careers/pilot_appointments/cadet-pilot-india.jsp)

Pulkdahulk
23rd Mar 2011, 04:01
So Technically I cannot apply but there are hiring Indians

Question is my parents are Singapore citizens including my sister who is a PR and I am not. I got some experience flying and have a university degree. What is Singapore airlines hR's number because I just cannot get hold of it for decades.

Iver
23rd Mar 2011, 04:03
The advert says employment offer within the SIA Group. So, does that imply Silkair as well as SIA and Singapore Cargo? What are the "likely" assignments to successful applicants? Can Indian newhires go directly to a 777 after completing training or would a Silkair A319/20 seat be more likely? What fleet types have successful applicants in the past been placed on?

Cheers

manijustdoit
23rd Mar 2011, 04:59
Hy Guys,

It says we can submit our application online, but when you get to the link there it only asks you to submit a CV. Is there any template or format which they are looking at in the CV. Generally wat details goes in. Please advice.

Thnx,
Mani.

PEC
23rd Mar 2011, 05:37
Can Indian newhires go directly to a 777 after completing training or would a Silkair A319/20 seat be more likely? What fleet types have successful applicants in the past been placed on?

Yes they can. Infact someone whom I know , has recently been to the RHS of a B777 with SQ, through the very same program.:ok:

cobracommander
23rd Mar 2011, 06:07
Is anyone facing a trouble with the last application form on their site, which is after the submission of your c.v. and personal info, the last page is based on Singaporeans it seems;as it asks for IDtype,no. which Indians dont possess.
There is no N.A. option also,due to which the application doesn't get submitted!!

By the way, Is this scheme strictly for freshers who don't even have a CPL (as the ad says) or can CPL holders with min. requirements/ratings also eligible?:confused:

Orangputi
23rd Mar 2011, 07:15
No worries they will just forge their own degrees just like the recent CPL & ATPL qualification Fraud that has been going on good luck on the screening SIA I would be worried lah

PEC
23rd Mar 2011, 08:03
Is this scheme strictly for freshers who don't even have a CPL (as the ad says) or can CPL holders with min. requirements/ratings also eligible?

It is strictly for freshers.
Degree holders (Aeronautical Engg. preferred a hell lot):ok: - In the last process 4 of them were.
OR
Degree Holders with work-exp. Equal emphasis on extra-curricular activities e.g:sports, hobbies etc.

kalienator
23rd Mar 2011, 15:14
Has anyone had any luck in submitting the application.The first 5 parts seem to have no problem, then the page directs you to another application which asks you about many more details and does not let you submit the application if you do not submit a singapore permit number or any singapore based identity card.

Now whats that about, it takes close to 2 hours to go through the whole thing again.

Kindly suggest how to go about.

Some one also mentioned that this scheme is also open for cpl holders but will have to undergo training all over again is that true

bayblade
23rd Mar 2011, 15:22
whats indian equivalent of 5 Credits in the GCE ‘O’ level 5 ? anyone??

thearsenal
23rd Mar 2011, 16:36
@cobracommander
im having the same issues with that last form i dont know why but its just not going through, i gave up hope. seems like it is for singaporean citizens

jackcarls0n
23rd Mar 2011, 17:36
i did it took about 30 mins. identity card no. they is a bloack says additional relevant information-expain there.

cobracommander
23rd Mar 2011, 17:46
@ arsenal & others:

You could try what I tried; In id type, spouse name(the form won't be accepted even if u leave the spouse section blank even if you're single! ;) ) basically all asterisked blanks needs to be filled, so try choosing 1 of the options from the options wherever applicable and wherever it lets you type, type a short message like- error with form:I'm unmarried! ..etc.

Hope you get the point, eventually it does let you submit the form. And hopefully with multiple form submissions like ours,they'll take note of the error as far as Ind applicants are concerned and might accept our form.

captsharma
23rd Mar 2011, 18:07
Relax guys i called them up,a lady said they will fix this problem in a day or two..she's already sent this correction mssge to the head office.

aadityaslg
23rd Mar 2011, 18:31
I don't have a graduation degree, and I hold an Australian + Indian CPL, so basically I can't apply for it ?

aadityaslg
23rd Mar 2011, 18:32
BTW who the hell banned cyrilroy21???

sunny441
24th Mar 2011, 06:04
Thanks for posting a link to this! I will apply for this over the weekend! Let's see what happens.

harsh786techy
24th Mar 2011, 13:07
Thats what i m wondering too...WHY THE HELL CYRILROY is BANNED.

Must have helped someone in need...:D

TopGun1287
25th Mar 2011, 12:12
Hi Guys,

This is just FYI, Hope it helps.

The problem is only with the Identity Type, Country of Issue, Date of Issue .

If you are Single, In the Spouse Section you have to fill in the details of "Next of Kin", meaning = The person or persons most closely related by blood to another person,
and it gives u an option
*Relationship to Applicant: -Spouse/Next of Kin

Probably you can fill in the Details of your father or mother.

:ok: cheers!!

aadityaslg
25th Mar 2011, 12:53
I am not suggesting anyone to do this, but this is what I did.

Filled in Type: 3 yrs Work Permit, issued on 25/03/2011, expiry 25/03/2011,
number= N.A.

And at the end I just left a note saying:
Please disregard the Identity Type data, the form would not submit otherwise.

dragstar
25th Mar 2011, 13:32
They have an option to upload five documents.
One is your resume, they ask for a cover letter. any idea what are the other 3 available slots for?

rushedyou
25th Mar 2011, 15:07
The ad itself does not explicitly mention whether it's for people who have a CPL or not. And 1 question in the first stage of the application even asks for any endorsements on your pilot medical. Why put that question to a fresher? Are you sure they will disregard applications from CPL holders? Just asking, anxious as i am.

kalienator
25th Mar 2011, 15:36
the site is giving me the same problem still i guess the problem isnt fixed

rushedyou
25th Mar 2011, 16:11
@dragstar

did they ask for a cover letter? i filled that form twice but didnt come across that request...

dragstar
26th Mar 2011, 03:59
the don't ask for a cover letter. but the place where you review all the information. there is an option to upload upto 5 files (cover letter or additional documents). One is your resume.
What could be the other 4 options for?

TopGun1287
26th Mar 2011, 06:23
Even i did the same thing and was successful in submitting the application..however I am a bit concerned that the application should not be rejected :suspect:
One more concern, Yesterday when I checked the website the status was application and today its is blank...Is any1 experiencing the same thing???? :confused:

rushedyou
26th Mar 2011, 07:04
@dragstar

perhaps they have used a programming template while making the form that automatically gives an option to upload 5 files. it doesn't necessarily mean something.

@topgun1287
my current stage still says application. the other SIA cadet pilot thread suggests a blank status means you will be called for an interview. if so, you're on...

captsharma
27th Mar 2011, 19:52
Hey friends After submitting the form i m getting this error:
Current Action Temporarily Unavailable

An unexpected problem has occurred with this action. This issue has been logged. Please try your request again. If you feel you are receiving this message in error, please contact support.

Support Phone: [email protected]
Support Email: [email protected]
plz help..this is pain in ass filing up the form again..helppppppp

Lithgow
28th Mar 2011, 04:02
You Gen Y guys can't even deal with an electronic form. And you want to be pilots? All of you should not be allowed to come near a jetliner.

Stupid questions everywhere.

No ID number? What? Your Indian passport does not have a number?

Don't know the equivalent of GCE O Levels? Can't be bothered to find out, obviously.

You have the option to upload up to 5 documents. What documents should they be? Don't know how to apply for a job? Again, can't be bothered to find out, obviously. Just upload photos of yourself vomitting into the toilet bowl after drinking too much.

Obviously the whole bunch of you can't be bothered to read threads related to the SIA cadet process and learn more.

The web form is the same one that THOUSANDS, literally THOUSANDS of applicants had no trouble with.

What is so special about you Indian cadets that you deserve extraordinary treatment?

2 years ago SIA stopped recruiting Indian cadets suddenly because of the economic downturn. However a whole bunch of you went on PPRuNe to complain, in an extremely arrogant manner as though SIA owed you a job when there was not even a letter of offer sent out. And now you guys complain about the webform.

Tell you what - don't apply then. Show them who's boss.

You must be such special individuals that SIA will go bankrupt if they don't hire you.

Go ahead - punish SIA.

Stallone
28th Mar 2011, 04:25
haha, fierce..

:ouch:

harsh786techy
28th Mar 2011, 11:17
Mr. Lithgow, This forum is supposed to help and you are proving to be the most unhelpfull.

The form already has Passport details option, so putting in the passport number would not help Mr. Unhelpfull(Lithgow---Please Let go).

Also other Indentification numbers are not accepted because they are not satisfying the more then (X no. of alphabets) criteria.

And many more issues like that.

So, You better not comment if its not of help.

And, If by anyways you are trying to BELITTLE INDIAN PILOTS, beware.

I wish you a good luck for whatever you are doing.

Flysafe.

superliner
28th Mar 2011, 13:00
Guys can we act mature and not stoop the point of personal insults? Lets keep it clean shall we? Nobody on here has to anything to prove to anyone; so if one can be of help to somebody's doubts go right ahead on the other hand just move on - you're not being demanded a reply.

Chill guys.

harsh786techy
28th Mar 2011, 15:30
Mr Lithgow, you are no one to decide if the other person has put in efforts or not.

They are just trying to get in more help; writing in here shows its an effort.

And do not talk about my computer literacy skills, coz i can beat you anytime when it comes to compuetr literacy. Seems you are like an Unwanted virus in here.

To all people here. please carry on your help requests and info.
I will not continue on this topic after this.

Flysafe
best of Luck

Ankit Kotecha
28th Mar 2011, 16:04
nice job lithgow

Murali
28th Mar 2011, 16:52
Is anyone having the format for cadet pilot training cv?

kalienator
28th Mar 2011, 17:44
relaxxxxxx mr litgow!

there is a genuine problem going on with the whole application submission online, now there is this new error to top it .

I have mailed Singapore airlines on many occasions and they seem to have recognized the issue and are working on it.

My suggestion is kindly dont jump the gun! take it easy on gen y z and x , you are not the only genius left in the world.

tc happy landings

azax
29th Mar 2011, 09:49
could you please forward me the hr department contact for Singapore airlines too 'Kalienator' or anybody else willing. Thank you. I have had some problems submitting my answers to the second set of questions.

kalienator
29th Mar 2011, 17:05
you can only send them an online enquiry ,for which they have a link on the bottom right of the page, its quite simple , just follow the instructions

B2F
29th Mar 2011, 18:39
Hahaha harsh786techy can't even spell computer and he professes to have better 'KamPoorter' literacy as he puts it.

Well done Lithgow. You are my idol.

There are no issues to the application form. Those that call the SQ HR actually will be laughed at and struck off the application list. But yes, in the interest of Public Relations, SQ are looking into the request. Say bye bye to your application when u call them asking for solutions to stupid problems. Why do u think they ask for your details first?

If you want me to stop my railing, just bribe me like you do the rest.

heavy.airbourne
29th Mar 2011, 18:50
B2F: :ok:

LOL LOL LOL

razzy
30th Mar 2011, 04:01
There are no issues to the application form. Those that call the SQ HR actually will be laughed at and struck off the application list. But yes, in the interest of Public Relations, SQ are looking into the request.

Dude, seriously. Have you opened up the application and taken a look at the form at all? I have. There is no 'Identity Card' issued to Indian nationals, so there is nothing for people in this country to fill that field with. That, however, means that the form can't be submitted because it happens to be a mandatory field. The only way of getting around it is to fill up all such mandatory but irrelevant (to Indian candidates) fields with dummy data, and specify this action explicitly in the 'Additional Notes' section towards the end of the form.

As for the field for 'Next of kin', I don't see the point of entering anything there if one doesn't have a spouse or children. There is a separate section for parents and siblings so filling the same data for 'Next of kin' doesn't make sense to me. So once again dummy data needs to be entered because the fields under this section are mandatory.

Please stop attacking people just because you're ignorant.

Lithgow
30th Mar 2011, 04:50
Dude, seriously. Have you opened up the application and taken a look at the form at all? I have. There is no 'Identity Card' issued to Indian nationals, so there is nothing for people in this country to fill that field with. That, however, means that the form can't be submitted because it happens to be a mandatory field. The only way of getting around it is to fill up all such mandatory but irrelevant (to Indian candidates) fields with dummy data, and specify this action explicitly in the 'Additional Notes' section towards the end of the form.

Look, this form is for the whole world, not INDIAN applicants. The rest of the world has no problems with it, so why must you feel that it is a special form just for Indians?

Are you so book smart but street stupid? At least you have the brains to register a new nick just in case you are exposed thus disqualifying your application. Now put those brains to good use. Why can't you insert your passport number in that field instead of making up dummy data? Who is the dummy here?

As for the field for 'Next of kin', I don't see the point of entering anything there if one doesn't have a spouse or children. There is a separate section for parents and siblings so filling the same data for 'Next of kin' doesn't make sense to me. So once again dummy data needs to be entered because the fields under this section are mandatory.

Next of Kin means parents, if you are not married. Why can't you insert your parents' names instead of making up dummy data? Really, who is the dummy here?

Is there ANYWHERE in the form that says that information already entered in one field MUST NOT be used again in another field?

Look, stupid, what is the objective here - filling up the form and making it acceptable, or analysing imaginary problems and ranting about it?

Remember - if somehow, miraculously, you get in as a cadet, you will find life in SFC miserable. The de-facto boss of SFC will make sure that as Indians, you don't embarrass his countrymen. He will have his eyes on you to ensure that you all be well-behaved little Indian boys, not snotty, pimply, fractious and contentious cadet wannabes.

cyrilroy21
30th Mar 2011, 05:10
@
Lithgow

A little too prejudiced towards Indians... Dont you think ?

Did SIA have a bad experience with previous Indian Cadets ?

razzy
30th Mar 2011, 06:13
The rest of the world has no problems with it, so why must you feel that it is a special form just for Indians?

Where, in my post, can you see me asking for a special form?

Are you so book smart but street stupid?

No, but I suspect you need to get a cranial exam done to ensure nothing is missing in there.

Why can't you insert your passport number in that field instead of making up dummy data? Who is the dummy here?

There is a separate field for Passport. Things should be used for what they are intended, otherwise the whole point of having separate fields is flushed down the drain. As far who the dummy is - well, you're not hiding your intentions to beat everyone else to the title by your mindless rant.

Next of Kin means parents, if you are not married. Why can't you insert your parents' names instead of making up dummy data? Really, who is the dummy here?

I am aware what Next of kin means. There is, as I pointed out in my last post, a separate section for parents, labeled as such. Duplicating data is pointless. But you're welcome to do it your way. Calling people names isn't going to make you more intelligent than them.

Is there ANYWHERE in the form that says that information already entered in one field MUST NOT be used again in another field?

No, there isn't. The form, as you've has pointed out, is an international form. It has fields to accommodate identity data for each country where SIA open the cadet program for applicants. Applicants belonging to countries where such cards are issued can go ahead and fill up this field with that data. Countries where such cards are not issued don't need to. That's common sense. There's no need for it to be spelt out. Candidates are expected to have a certain level of education under their belts before applying. Putting that education to use seems to be something you're lacking.

Look, stupid, what is the objective here - filling up the form and making it acceptable, or analysing imaginary problems and ranting about it?

Again, unnecessary name calling isn't going to get you anywere. Feel free to continue this uncalled-for tirade against people from another country, though. You're certainly being proved smarter, more composed, more intelligent, and more mature than the rest of us.

There is no 'problem' here. Just a lack of data to fill up some mandatory fields due to existing practicalities. If you feel happier duplicating data in these fields, then power be to you. I didn't think that was the right thing to do, so I gave my opinion here. People are free to do as they deem right. Trying to show them that MY way is the ONLY way is not what I'm here to do. You, on the other hand, do seem to be taking this way too personally.

Remember - if somehow, miraculously, you get in as a cadet, you will find life in SFC miserable. The de-facto boss of SFC will make sure that as Indians, you don't embarrass his countrymen. He will have his eyes on you to ensure that you all be well-behaved little Indian boys, not snotty, pimply, fractious and contentious cadet wannabes.

Unnecessary, uncalled for, and downright racist. Enjoy your baseless ranting. I'm not here to argue with you or with anyone else. If somebody finds the information/experiences being provided by me or by somebody else useful, or my post assists them in taking a decision about how to fill up the form, then I've done what my post intended. If you don't agree with it that's fine with me. You do what you think is right, and leave other people to do as they consider appropriate. The world is too big, and life too vast to focus so much energy and time on satiating one individual's desire for attention. I've expended my quota reserved for you.

Have a nice day.

aadityaslg
30th Mar 2011, 06:26
look who s back!
welcome cyrilroy21!!

tulsaviator
30th Mar 2011, 07:20
Lithgow, B2F,

Are you guys insane. Do you have any idea what crap you are talking in here. I think you must be taking out your grunt of unsuccessfull career on these young lads who are just trying in hard here.

In my whole career i have not seen pilots like you. N i hope you r just douchebags in here and are not pilots at all. You are just foolish people.

Gligg
30th Mar 2011, 08:26
Please excuse my ignorance here, but why does SIA specifically recruit Indian cadets? I would find it strange if Qantas ran a cadet program for Vietnamese nationals, for example (although with all the offshoring currently at QF I would not be entirely surprised). I'm assuming it's a different situation?

Lithgow
30th Mar 2011, 09:12
A little too prejudiced towards Indians... Dont you think ?

Not at all. I don't suffer fools gladly, Indians or otherwise. These people are complaining about problems which are in fact self inflicted. It also exposes their general bad attitude and upbringing:

Lazy - make feeble attempts at the webform and just conclude it is faulty.

No initiative - can't be bothered to study other threads on the SIA cadet experience / how to make the form acceptable.

Quick to blame others - complain in PPRuNe when the time could have been spent filling up the form.

Did SIA have a bad experience with previous Indian Cadets ?

Not to the extent that they had with Caucasian Australians. They are still hiring Indian cadets, which means that the exasperation threshold has not yet been breached.

If any wannabes do make it to SFC and their true selves are exposed they will be out, Indian or no Indian. Their coursemates will be the first to eat them alive.

Juvenile Indian males are also making themselves obnoxious elsewhere in the neighbourhood, for example in #16 and #17:
http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/443328-air-asia.html

razzy: no need to register a new nick. Your writing style (thanks for the essay) has been well noted. It will be matched to your application which will still be rejected.

tulsaviator: nice try. Yet another baby PPRuNer. You are in fact just a pimply faced 51 year old Indian boy whose SMS style writing has given him away. Your whole career? As what? Bottle feeder? Cheating, lying and bribing all part of everyday life for you, yes?

razzy
30th Mar 2011, 10:08
razzy: no need to register a new nick. Your writing style (thanks for the essay) has been well noted. It will be matched to your application which will still be rejected.

You're a riot, man. Really.
:D

cloudripper
30th Mar 2011, 10:59
ok, everyone please lets be serious and polite here!
i on behalf of others accept all of you are pros in your respective areas, sO can you all be kind enough to share and help amatuers and nurture them to match up to you in their respective queries,

No one is forcing anybody to comment against their wishes. So,if you find certain queries under your standard then just let it pass. As simple as that.

Hoping we only have serious & useful blogs here in future!

Thanks for the cooperation.

vwsj84
30th Mar 2011, 22:52
Wow! This thread is getting a little too heated! Cool down guys.

Anyway, razzy, with regards to the filling in of the next-of-kin particulars, my 2 cents worth on that is that SIA requires you to state a specific next-of-kin so that they can contact this person should there be a need to (e.g. you falling seriously ill, emergencies etc). Having the particulars of your whole family on the form doesn't tell them specifically who to contact and during an emergency, this only complicates matters.This is pretty much standard protocol for almost all jobs worldwide.

Cheers. :ok:

razzy
31st Mar 2011, 03:35
@vwsj84 -

Hmmm, I didn't consider that because I assume those who end up getting selected at the end of all the rounds will fill up additional documentation in order to get registered for the course. Of course, that is only an assumption. Most forms I've come across mention specifically if they require you to provide emergency contact details.

That said, I think your point is valid. If I hadn't submitted the form yet I would go with what you're saying.

Cheers.

B2F
31st Mar 2011, 07:06
I am not racist. I just don't like idiots. Maybe the applicants who have issues with the form should put the computer degree that daddy bought for them to good use.

Forget about pilot. You guys should call SQ HR and take on a job in IT so you can fix the e form. Then once it's fixed and your mind can comprehend it you should try again. I bet if it was up to you the form would only require name, age and drinking ability.

How long did it take for you to write the essay? I bet you had to use spell check for every word. Wait, maybe you bribed someone to write for you.

Torque Skylon
31st Mar 2011, 07:14
Hey thanks cyrilroy21 (http://www.pprune.org/members/180855-cyrilroy21) for this information.
And friends plz fell free to discuss your doubts big or small.

ok I had filled the form today, it took a lot of time.

Even I had faced the same problem i.e Identity type so I just filled in PP details again and informed them in the note below that I had to fill in some info as the form was not getting accepted.

So once it was submitted I again logged in and tried to open my CV which I had uploaded in word doc format but then an error encountered. And it did not open.

As anyone faced any Problem like that?? Or is your uploaded CV opening normally!

Lithgow
31st Mar 2011, 10:24
vwsj84, you are altogether much too kind to animals.

It is clear that razzy is just a pimply faced schoolboy with no job and has never taken part in any activity until now requiring Next Of Kin data, because he didn't have a clue why he was asked to state his NOK. A pampered little maharajah never before exposed to risk of serious injury or death, perhaps.

He was baited into showing how logically superior he imagined himself to be. Like a dog he responded with his schoolboy thesis on why Indian information must be entered once and only once on any given form.

Nothing so entertaining like stringing along a brash punk and watching him blast off on a tangent. He would have continued sailing into adult life thinking that SIA designs stupid job application forms and would never have caught on to this NOK thing.

However you have now come to his rescue and humanely put him out of his misery by explaining what that is all about.

In return he merely says: "I think your point is valid". Your explanation is as polite as can be, yet he still sticks to his version of reality and is in fact dismissing your help by justifying and buttressing his arguments. In effect he is saying: "I prefer it done my way". Even as a mere applicant he is already telling SIA how to do things. Tsk tsk.

Don't worry, he won't get in. Or maybe he'll be strung along once more, made to go through the whole process, and then dumped with a rejection e-mail.

nikhilheb
31st Mar 2011, 11:09
Damn Lithgow, are you experiencing 'that time of the month'?

Sierra2467
31st Mar 2011, 13:28
Can we all just ignore these unscrupulous "people" and revert to what this thread is about

razzy
31st Mar 2011, 13:41
@ Torque Skylon -

The uploaded documents aren't opening for me either, despite multiple reloads. Maybe it's a system thing.

razzy
1st Apr 2011, 06:23
Just to make this clear, I DO agree with vwsj84. I checked at a few places and it appears my earlier stance was mistaken. :ugh: Next of kin does not seem to have a uniform legal definition everywhere. Some places define it only as the closest living blood relative, which is what i went with. Other people or sources of reference choose to specify that it also includes people who may be the point of contact in case of emergencies including children, parents, siblings, friends, and even your spouse (in an extreme situation).

I should have researched this better before spouting off here. Hopefully no harm has been done to anyone's application (except mine, of course). :oh:

kalienator
1st Apr 2011, 11:02
razzy were you able to submit ur application then

razzy
1st Apr 2011, 13:02
Yes, I was able to submit it. The present status is 'Application'.

I do wonder, though - why is it that I can alter all the factual content of the application (including the uploaded documents) after submission, except the rather lengthy form which prompted the contentious questions that cropped up in this thread?

Anyway, there's nothing left to do but wait and see.

dragstar
1st Apr 2011, 15:05
@Lithgow

Dude, for the love of god, give the other person some benefit of doubt.

When there are so many people talking about some issue then one basic quality of a learned wise man (as you claim to be) is to listen and try and understand.

The SA form is for the whole world but when in India they have to check a few things as per Indian norms and regulations. USA has Social Security No. but if FAA asks Indians for SSN we will have to leave it blank as long as its not mandatory.

Its high time you stop being cynical. I agree there are a couple of juveniles on this forum but they aren't necessarily all from India. I have gone through http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/185397-sia-cadet-pilot-all-batches-merged.html and trust me its not much different. People cribbing about not getting calls or ****ting bricks because they are over age or married or didn't get a response for interviews and high five-ing each other over lame things. Some 80 odd pages full of that ****.

If you can't add value to the forum you've absolutely no right to add your bitt of gibberish. I too get irritated with some of my fellow younger citizens but your reaction only talks about who you are and your upbringing. Sorry to say you sound like a child molester or wife beater or maybe you were abused as a child. Seems like you are still a child and will take a couple of more years to grow up.

And for the record the world is sitting up and taking notice of India and Indians. FYI President of USA visited India in December last year looking for work not Malaysia or Singapore. European and Japanese companies are pumping in FDI's in India to cash in on the opportunity provided by Indians.
Recently Warren Buffet was in India with his right hand man who is an Indian.
Diplomats from around the world are lobbying Indian corridors for business. I suggest you be a little modest next time you talk to or talk about Indians.

It is quite expected from you to give a knee jerk reaction to my post and I am sure you would try and indulge me in a mud slinging match. Hence I would continue to look through your post and ignore you, coz I know I cannot beat you at that.

Take some of the good things from India like yoga, will help you calm down and think rationally.
Good Luck!!

VT-RST
1st Apr 2011, 19:19
Hello Ppruners,

Long time lurcher, posting for the first time. Applied to SQ Cadet Pilot position 2 days ago. Status is Blank.

VT-RST

razzy
1st Apr 2011, 21:05
Based on past trends 'Blank' is good.
Which location did you apply for?

sonsal
2nd Apr 2011, 04:04
my still showing application. applied delhi location. only the blank applications get the interview call?

razzy
2nd Apr 2011, 04:52
It would appear so from some of the posts that people have made in the past.

VT-RST
2nd Apr 2011, 05:30
Applied from BOM

razzy
2nd Apr 2011, 10:28
It's visible once you log into your account, which also shows a link to the documents you've uploaded.

razzy
2nd Apr 2011, 12:28
That's the one.

Torque Skylon
2nd Apr 2011, 14:22
thks razzy for your reply , I guess there might be some error in their system as we cannot view our document.

Regarding status, even my status is " application" .

sunny441
2nd Apr 2011, 22:34
Finally got around to applying to this. Took about 45 minutes from start to finish. Was easy as any other job I have applied to. Not sure what people were complaining about!!

Thanks Cyrilroy21 for posting the link to this opportunity. Now to sit back and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

:ok:

superliner
3rd Apr 2011, 18:22
Hello everyone!

(Cross posting from the other thread) This cadet pilot programme has got me so excited but I can't even seem to be able to submit my application form! Since everybody has been successful in submitting their applications, I guess the problem is unique to me! Could you please help me locate where or what I might be doing wrong?

I'm using Firefox (tried applying using IE as well) and I get this error message when I hit "submit" right at the end:Current Action Temporarily Unavailable

An unexpected problem has occurred with this action. This issue has been logged. Please try your request again. If you feel you are receiving this message in error, please contact support.
I've logged the ticket with the support, lets hope they sort it out soon. In the mean time what do you think I might be doing wrong?

superliner

sunny441
3rd Apr 2011, 18:43
Could you please help me locate where or what I might be doing wrong?

Probably not something that you are doing. Could well be a server side issue. Give it a few minutes and try it again.

superliner
5th Apr 2011, 10:44
Probably not something that you are doing. Could well be a server side issue. Give it a few minutes and try it again.

I'm sure that's the case. Switching browsers and even PC's didn't work :( Other than the standard auto-response there's nothing from SIA in reply to my email either. I think I'm doing something that the system doesn't like... any ideas?

superliner

razzy
5th Apr 2011, 12:04
Wondering if anyone whose application was in the 'Application' stage has seen a change in it? Mine hasn't.

aadityaslg
5th Apr 2011, 13:25
same here. .

JoshiR
5th Apr 2011, 15:46
Hey fellas,

Filled in my application on the 2nd and was in application stage until the 4th after which it has become BLANK and has remained in that stage ever since.Was wondering if it is truly the interim stage between the HR guys reviewing your application and sending you an invite for the interview how long does this process take ?

Regards
JoshiR

VT-RST
5th Apr 2011, 17:32
@superliner:

Try filling in the form real fast. Maybe its timing out. Paste all ur data in a Txt Doc or far better, install Firefox/IE Add-ons for Auto Form fill. May help.

All the very best!

bayblade
5th Apr 2011, 17:39
@superliner
i did not really check this, but try looking for a number where you can reach them if nothing else works.
a captsharma here posted that he has had a word with the mgmt.
pm him for the no. if you can't find it.
goodluck:ok:

rushedyou
6th Apr 2011, 11:52
@JoshiR

cant be sure abt what it means but the other SIA thread does suggest that you are up for an interview call. and there's no way to know when they'll call for the interview either, that depends on their exact recruiting schedule. did you apply for Bombay?

:ok: keep us posted abt if and when you hear from them...

harsh786techy
6th Apr 2011, 12:20
Hello Folks,

Just wanted to know if all of you guys were able to get your "current stage" as Blank.

mine is still Application.

Thanks

bayblade
6th Apr 2011, 13:10
mine's blank.
i don't really think there is much rocket science behind the thing getting blank or not, unless you yourself have verified the fact that states otherwise in the other SIA thread. there are too many rumours on pprune, don't fall a victim to them. just my opinion.
goodluck to all.

sunny441
6th Apr 2011, 15:38
WOW! Seriously? Guys getting their chuddies in a bunch over the status being "blank"? It's barely been a week since you guys applied to this position. You guys need to have some patience and understand how things work.

Today was the last day they were accepting applications. Not like you are the only person who applied to this position. There are probably hundreds, if not thousands, who applied to this position. Processing will probably take time. Have some patience and remember good things will come to those wait!

Cheers

superliner
6th Apr 2011, 16:14
Thank you for sharing your ideas guys... but I guess it was never meant to be :( Nothing worked.

I tried getting in touch with their applicant support guys they wrote back asking for some details and then I've heard from them since! With just a few hours to go before it turns 7th of April I will give one last try at submitting my application.

sierra_november
6th Apr 2011, 17:46
@ superliner

If you've been using comas and dashes in your application (in fields such as phone number and address) try filling it up without using them.

doubleactionjack
7th Apr 2011, 09:18
1) Whats the Minimum age for a cadet pilot applying from India .... ( Is it 26 ) ?

2) Will CPL holders be considered for this opening ?

3) Is the selection process different for CPL holders, As suggested in different forums ..

Hope some one can shed some light on this..

Thanks in advance

:)

JoshiR
8th Apr 2011, 13:50
I base all my Assumptions on the previous SIA threads here ! Still no update on them as yet.Did apply for Bombay ! You guys got any communication from SIA as yet ? Apparently the singapore fellas get the call letter for the cadet pilot interviews as early as 2 hours so was keen to know the outcome of my application !

vwsj84
8th Apr 2011, 20:53
Relax JoshiR. As u said, those are guys based in Singapore or Malaysia. Logically they would have priority. You cannot judge the speed of the process using the other thread's information. Like i said, relax. Remember SQ isn't based in India.

superliner
9th Apr 2011, 14:28
Hey people!

I finally somehow managed to get my application submitted... on the fourteenth attempt! Tried almost everything I could think of. Anyhow I can't seem to be able to download and read my own CV... is that a problem again unique to me? MS Word gives me a message saying that the file is corrupt.

I think I did read somewhere on this thread that people couldn't access their files; can't you even now?

superliner

thomas87
12th Apr 2011, 12:39
Hello guyz an gulz.,
Have applied for the sia pilot cadet programme on 4th.. still awaitin a reply..
So if anyone get a reply kindly post it so tht others will know wether the waitin yieldz anythin..
chalo.. njoy ..

NGav
12th Apr 2011, 20:56
fromSingapore Airlines <[email protected]>
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Singapore Airlines! We have received your resume and are currently reviewing your credentials. To proceed to the next step please complete this online employment application form:
https://sia.silkroad.com/epostings/?enc= Should we determine that your background and experience meets our hiring needs, we will contact you with further instructions. If you are not selected for current employment opportunities, we will keep your resume on file for future consideration. Again, we sincerely appreciate your interest in employment with Singapore Airlines. **Please do not reply to this automated e-mail message.**

That link given again takes you through the same thing done while filling out the application.
Did everyone get the same email ?
Do we need to do it again after getting the email ?

thomas87
12th Apr 2011, 23:28
Hello there buddz..
well after submitting my application..i alzo got a similar mssg.
But there waz no links to update my application..
well lookin forward to hear a good newz..
Tc and njoy,.,.

thomas87
14th Apr 2011, 22:08
My application is now showing status blank. Anyone experiencing the same?

razzy
15th Apr 2011, 01:41
Same here. Been blank since Monday.

Captain22
19th Apr 2011, 05:20
Does anyone get an email from SIA for interview?.....I heard some of the Mumbai guys got an email from them and the interview is on 20th May in hotel Hyatt.

seven niner
19th Apr 2011, 10:23
anyone from delhi? whose application status is showing blank and who has received any e-mail for the interview?

TopGun1287
19th Apr 2011, 16:08
Captain22, Is it confirmed that some people from Mumbai have received e-mail for the interview? are CPL holders getting the Call Letter for the interview??? I have applied long ago, and my status is blank from last 20 days...Haven't heard anything from them. I am from Mum and just curious to know whats going on...Thanks...hopefully shud hear from them soon.
:ok: Cheers!!!

Captain22
19th Apr 2011, 16:41
Yes its confirmed .... in fact the guy who has received the email for interview is a CPL holder and has an engineering degree .....I have applied from Delhi but with no response yet.
I hope you will get the same email soon...all the best to you.

bayblade
19th Apr 2011, 16:51
from mumbai,
haven't heard from them.
anyone here who received the email?

seven niner
20th Apr 2011, 11:41
there is a confusion about what this 'blank' status implies. some comments suggest it means you are about to be called, where as some mention its a negative indicator. lets be optimistic we all get a fair chance.

Captain22
20th Apr 2011, 12:10
Anyone from Delhi got the interview call or email?

TheEagle
20th Apr 2011, 13:13
Does anyone really have a clue what status means? In my case it says application.

JoshiR
21st Apr 2011, 07:13
No reply from SIA as yet . Status : BLANK for almost 3 weeks now ! Hope we all get positive replies from them soon !

Captain22
21st Apr 2011, 11:55
https://sia.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.res_login&id=23&jobid=107&company_id=16233&version=2&jobowner=992282&aid=1&fid=0&bystate=0&bylocation=NULL&bycountry=0&bycat=NULL&keywords=

Click on this link. Put your email address and password you created while filling the online form.

ngirish1986
21st Apr 2011, 14:42
Hey Guys / Gals

I got a call letter via email from SIA today :ok: .
Interview Date : 21st May ,2011. Venue : Hyatt Regency , Mumbai
Maybe I am the first to post this here .
All the best to everyone here. :)

Torque Skylon
21st Apr 2011, 15:39
@ thks ngirish1986 for this info.

At present even I have not received any letter will have to wait for some more time I guess.

And can you please paste the letter on this thread. It will be great!!

thks and All the best!!

seven niner
21st Apr 2011, 20:30
Congratulations Girish! Was nice to know that someone shared their accomplishment out here. Just out of sheer curiosity, did your application status change before the interview call.

Wish you all the best!

TopGun1287
21st Apr 2011, 22:10
Thanks for the info Girish, Its a positive start. good to hear CPL holders are getting the call Letters. Good luck man :ok:!!! All the best!!!

Prepare well :)

JoshiR
22nd Apr 2011, 03:33
Congrats Girish ! Just let us know one thing : Do you have a CPL and when did you apply for the position ?

aviator_nick
22nd Apr 2011, 05:39
***, April **, PMSIA FLT: Cadet Pilot 1st Interview Mumbai 2011 (Hyatt Regency)
To: **********

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear ********* ************,

We refer to your application for the above position.
We would be pleased if you could present yourself for an interview at {**.00 am} on {** May 2011} at the Hyatt Regency Mumbai Hotel,
Mezzanine Level, Sahar Airport Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai 400099.

In connection with the above, please see a qualified doctor (optician not acceptable) for a visual acuity eye-test,
with and without optical aids (Snellen's Chart) and colour vision test (Ishihara) and submit the original copy of the report on the day of the interview.
The cost of the eye-test and colour vision test will be on your own account.

Please also bring the originals and a photocopy each of all educational certificates,
testimonials and any other supporting documents on the day of the interview.
In addition, please upload a digital passport-sized photograph of yourself onto your personal profile that you have submitted.
The photo must be in JPEG format (.jpg or .jpeg) not exceeding 30KB. You can access your personal profile through the Career Portal in our website.
Please upload your photograph in the section 'View CV - Step 3 "Profile Attachments" and Upload File.
Please also ensure that you have updated your application profile and ascertained that the information is accurate, prior to the interview.
************************************************************ ******************************************
************************************************************ **************************************************We look forward to seeing you.

Yours sincerely,
for and on behalf of
Singapore Airlines Group

type rating
22nd Apr 2011, 06:37
dear friends i was shortlisted for cadet pilot interview in 2007,2008 in 2007 actually i was unable to appear but in 2008 due to terrorist attack in mumbai interview got postponed finally canceled now again applied hopefully waiting for there mail again as we were assured that whenver singapore will come up with interview we would be given preference let see waiting for there call

aviator_nick
22nd Apr 2011, 07:52
i got the mail too... but i am facing the prob as i am not able to access my profile... can u ????

cloudripper
22nd Apr 2011, 08:17
@ nigirish1986, aviator nick

congratulation on getting the invite guys!

just wanted to know a little info,

are you two CPL holders?
what graduation degree do you possess,
are you having exceptionally good or avergae marks educationally or just got lucky to scrape through each qualification?
just needed to know for the record ,incase if I or some of us miss out on the invite. We could then understand the reasons for it based on your answers.

thanks and all the best with the assessments.

aadityaslg
22nd Apr 2011, 08:37
What if you posses a current DGCA Class 1 Medicals, do your still need to get the eye test done?

ngirish1986
22nd Apr 2011, 09:21
@ Torque Skylon

Thanks a ton !!
I really wish you get the call very soon..!!:ok:

ngirish1986
22nd Apr 2011, 09:27
@cloudripper and everyone

I am a graduate electronics engineer. I have been working with a Chinese MNC since the past 3 yrs . I have a distinction in 10th,12th and a first class in graduation. I supplemented my cv with aviation related credentials(extra curricular and hobby) . Have references from people in the industry. Guess all that worked out fine .

Best wishes to all!!!:ok:

ngirish1986
22nd Apr 2011, 09:33
@ TopGun ,JoshiR, seven niner , cloudripper

Thanks a lot !!!:)
I never checked my status after i applied:eek: quite superstitious if you may say as i did the same the last time i applied and converted back in 2008
Good Luck to you all!!! :ok:

@ Type rating :

I too was selected for the 2008 round of interviews but as luck may have it we missed out on that opportunity.
Good Luck to you!!!!:ok:

aadityaslg
22nd Apr 2011, 10:05
What if you posses a current DGCA Class 1 Medicals, do your still need to get the eye test done?

sonsal
22nd Apr 2011, 10:27
yes u need to get your test done......SIA dont care whatever Medical you have....they have their own standards according to which you have to move..

rikin1990
22nd Apr 2011, 12:24
What does the status show for the people who have recieved the email?. Is it blank or is it something else. Mine is still blank.

Arijeet
22nd Apr 2011, 22:04
Hi nick,

Guess you might have forgotten using the upper case in your password, as during registration, it was required that there be an upper case letter in the password. I did the same mistake and was unable to access....remembered now.

I hope this would help....and yeah...congrats for the call!!! :ok: :D

bayblade
23rd Apr 2011, 14:17
hey just out of curosity, has no one else received any response apart from nick and girish??

JoshiR
24th Apr 2011, 08:20
Firstly , Heartfelt Congratulations to all who have received the email for the interview ! Hope you do well in it ! Anyways just had a question in mind :
1. When did you submit your application ( Like on the day it was advertised i.e 22nd march or sometime later than that ?)
2. Do you have a CPL ?

Regards,
JoshiR

fatbus
24th Apr 2011, 08:25
I don't want to offend anyone but why does SAI want or need to recruit cadets from India?

What are the entry requirements? If it is a CPL at a min are they not concerned as to what is going on with the DGCA and fake licenses?

JoshiR
24th Apr 2011, 09:51
@fatbus

SIA doesnt need its candidates to be cpl licence holders.all it needs is a univ. Degree nd couple of other requirements which u can find on page 1 of this thread.Agreed the scam has been shocking for all but you have to remember that just a handfull of people would want to start their entire career by falsifying records and attaining licences by unscrupulous means ! You however cannot generalize all the people in the same category though right ?Just because a couple of people had lapse in judgement doesnt neccesarily indicate that all will have the same ! Hope you understand what I am trying to explain here :-)

Regards,
JoshiR

Captain22
24th Apr 2011, 11:02
Anyone from DELHI got an interview call or email? Guess SIA is conducting region wise interview. Anyone has any idea about it?

seven niner
24th Apr 2011, 11:30
captain, even i am awaiting the delhi interview. as per the job advert, delhi should be after mumbai.

dragstar
24th Apr 2011, 14:22
captain, even i am awaiting the delhi interview. as per the job advert, delhi should be after mumbai.

If we have to wait till after Mumbai for Delhi's turn. it would mean waiting till mid June.
btw even I applied for Delhi center.

Torque Skylon
25th Apr 2011, 05:12
Hey can someone give me the contact no of the HR dept regarding this program please.
I have not received the letter till now :(.

Also whats the pay you all had mentioned regarding this.

borismj
25th Apr 2011, 11:10
Congrats nigirish1986 and aviator nick :ok:

I got an interview call on the 20th of May in Mumbai.
anyone else has an interview on the 20th?
does anyone know what to expect in round 1?

ngirish1986
26th Apr 2011, 04:29
@ borismj

Congratulations!!! Good Luck..:ok:
Some info for the interview posted by a fellow ppruner :
http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/147640-my-sia-interview-experience-v-long.html

gaurav.5.deshmukh
26th Apr 2011, 14:52
Wish you all the best Girish and do update your further progress :)

Can any one please direct the web link were we had to logged in while uploading our CV . I am unable to find it on the website. Would really appreciate if some one could assist.

Regards..Gaurav

cloudripper
26th Apr 2011, 18:22
hello,

anybody got the interview on 21st May? heard that some are still getting mails. are there too many people for 20th , since they've kept a slot for the next day too!??

anyway ,any particular topics to prepare on ? did all those who got invited are already CPL holders?

borismj
27th Apr 2011, 04:02
ngirish: thanks a lot for the post... appreciate it.. :)

v1_rotate
27th Apr 2011, 06:50
https://sia.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.res_login&id=23&jobid=107&company_id=16233&version=2&jobowner=992282&aid=1&fid=0&bystate=0&bylocation=NULL&bycountry=0&bycat=NULL&keywords=

phoenixrk
27th Apr 2011, 19:30
any body got for Delhi.....?????

gaurav.5.deshmukh
27th Apr 2011, 19:47
thnks buddy appreciated

TheEagle
28th Apr 2011, 03:58
finally shows my status blank but no mail as yet...

phoenixrk
28th Apr 2011, 05:29
any cpl holder without grad got the mail????? pls reply

borismj
28th Apr 2011, 05:31
I have received an interview call...
I have a CPL

phoenixrk
28th Apr 2011, 05:32
@borismj do you have grad too
and are you from DEL or MUM

borismj
28th Apr 2011, 05:33
Yes i do.
have u received a call?

phoenixrk
28th Apr 2011, 05:34
@borismj have you heard of any whom is not a grad but got the mail.........

borismj
28th Apr 2011, 05:35
nope.. I haven't.

Torque Skylon
28th Apr 2011, 06:15
Hello friends,

I have received the letter and I am a CPL holder as well.

Well in regards to the above post, the minimum requirement is to have a degree and NOT a CPL.

So those who have a degree should be getting a letter soon.

Torque.

TopGun1287
28th Apr 2011, 07:01
Hi Guys,

I got the Mail from SIA, I am a CPL Holder and a Grad too. I recvd the mail yesterday, Interview date is 22 may 2011 and tym is 3:00pm. Has any1 has got the same date and tym as mine?

Also for the information my status is now showing "Interviewing" .

Eye test has to be done from a specialist, I know of a doctor Who is known to be the best in Mumbai, Dr. Umrikar (Santacruz).

Hope the Information Helps.

:ok: Cheers!!!!

TopGun1287
28th Apr 2011, 07:19
Only graduates are receiving the call and CPL is not a requirement, One of my frnd who is a B.Sc graduate with Physics as his major subject and he is not a CPL Holder, got a call letter from SIA. Date of interview is 20th May and tym is 9:00 am !!!!

Hope this gives a better picture of what is required by SIA.

thomas87
28th Apr 2011, 08:09
Hello all..
anyone wth preference chennai gt a call??
and is there any means to make sure tht an application has been rejected!!
Brgds
Thomas

cobracommander
28th Apr 2011, 10:02
anybody for 21st?
Is evryone preparing from aviaition pt. Of view? Cpl subjects etc.?
Selected candidates,past & present,plz provide in some info,it'll be highly appreciable!
Thanks in advance.

ngirish1986
28th Apr 2011, 10:19
@TopGun , Torque Skylon , Cobracommander

Congratulations!!! :D
Best of Luck!! :ok:

Dushrox
28th Apr 2011, 14:17
Also since the picture is getting clearer with regard to the fact that Singapore Airlines requires Grads, has anyone got a call from them for the interview who are in the final year and awaiting results ? (since the timing is such that Indian Edu system posts the results in June)

bayblade
28th Apr 2011, 15:10
hey,
anyone from mumbai received the mail today??
i'm still hoping to get one and the wait is making me anxious.
:ugh::ugh:

viper005
28th Apr 2011, 19:34
My interview has been scheduled on 22nd of may @ 9.30 am in Mumbai .

I have no clue what I should expect there..can anyone let me know what documents I should carry along with the educational certificates.

please help

Passionflier
29th Apr 2011, 08:54
Hi,

Congrats to all shortlisted for the 1st interview in Mumbai. I understand that it is planned over 3 days (20th, 21st 22nd of May).

Anyone or any news of interviews in Delhi, Bangalore & Chennai? What I know is that SIA does the interviews city by city.

TopGun1287
29th Apr 2011, 09:22
Thanks NGirish1986, and all the best to every1!!!!

Hopefully everyone who is elligible will get a call!!! Keep faith and have patience!!!:)

Important Info :

"please see a qualified doctor (optician not acceptable) for a visual acuity eye-test, with and without optical aids (Snellen's Chart) and colour vision test (Ishihara) and submit the original copy of the report on the day of the interview. The cost of the eye-test and colour vision test will be on your own account".

"Please also bring the originals and a photocopy each of all educational certificates, testimonials and any other supporting documents on the day of the interview"

Carry The Eye test report on the day of interview, Apart from Educational certificates carry your Passport, If you are a CPL holder carry those documents, any Extra cirricular activities you have participated in, carry those docs. Any certificate course which u hv done, carry docs supporting that. You have to give your best shot, so carry all the docs which shows your strength and achievements, If u have 1.

Good Luck!!!;)

bayblade
29th Apr 2011, 13:51
@torque & topgun,
check pm.

arivu
29th Apr 2011, 14:29
Hi Thomas

I applied for chennai. Yet to receive any communication.

Regards,
Arivu

aviator_0088
30th Apr 2011, 17:10
anyone from delhi receiving a response??

born4flying
1st May 2011, 09:38
@Passionflier

Are you sure that the interview dates for Mumbai are 20th till 22nd..?? Will there be no interviews after 22nd in Mumbai../??

Also, has any one recieved any interview dates for dates after 22nd in Mumbai...??

Passionflier
1st May 2011, 17:17
Hi BornFF,

The dates for Mumbai are what I could make out after a thorough analysis of posts on this thread. Especially the dates given by shortlisted candidates Ngirish, Topgun, etc.

I have an A380 captain/pilot contact in SIA, who has been for interviews in India, before. According to him, SIA needs lots of pilots considering their aggressive growth plans. If candidates are good in a particular city they may extend the process & vice-versa. SIA Flying school has a cadet program starting every 1-2 months. Training is tough and drop outs frequent. Hence as Top gun says, if you have the qualification SIA will call you for the 1st interview. :)

Like against all odds:p I am hoping for a call, as I believe its never too late to pursue your dreams.Keep your fingers crossed, an open mind and the passion flying high:ok:

Good luck to all and keep updating...! Would be great to use this forum for group prep for possible questions and happy to help anyone with interview skills/queries.

BFN.

viper005
1st May 2011, 21:47
I am scheduled on 22 of may @ 9.30 am ... wht about u...?

ngirish1986
2nd May 2011, 06:51
Hi everyone!!

I thought this might be a good time to post some useful pointers for interviewees! The following tips were given to me by a very good friend of mine who has previously cleared the 1stround.
These points though simple/ordinary could in fact be the catalyst.;)

1. Be yourself. They just want to know you better as a person. Questions will range from "tell us about yourself" to " why have you chosen this prog ". Expect to face 2 people : a HR and a Captain .
i was told that the Captain would be doing most of the talking and questions.

2. SInce most of us play flight sim ,it would be smart to be familiar with the aircraft one selects. Questions can range from Vr,V1 values to "why do you like this particular aircraft: to " what does that button do ? "
If an answer is not on your mind , tell them you dont know it and that you wish to learn about it.:8 . If one isnt playing flight sim ,well its cool.You have been selected anyways,you didnt have that in the cv;)

3. Make sure you know the person who gave you a recommendation letter/ reference very well. They may ask you how you met him/her.

4. Suit Up!! Get "Awesome". You may as well make the most of your opportunity and make them feel you are really up for it. If you dont have one, its okay .Go with a tie or something.

Will post again when i get some more info.:ok:

superliner
2nd May 2011, 07:59
3. Make sure you know the person who gave you a recommendation letter/ reference very well. They may ask you how you met him/her.

Err... what recommendation letter?

Maverick16
2nd May 2011, 13:14
Hi Cobra Commander,

Did you apply for the SIA Cadet Pilot position under the silkroad application process?

cobracommander
2nd May 2011, 19:37
@Maverick16

Hello brother,

I used the following link to apply:
https://sia.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.welcome&category_id=2740&company_id=16233&version=2&startflag=1&parent=Technical%20Crew%20Appointments&levelid1=2740

..just like the others.

goodluck!

Apollo1
2nd May 2011, 22:05
Anyone here whose application status was showing 'application' and then 'blank' before receiving an interview email?
I applied from Chennai and my app. status is showing blank from last 3-4 days.......anyone has any idea why is it so?

ngirish1986
4th May 2011, 03:49
@superliner

I was referring to any recommendation/reference given by a professional who knows you personally . It looks good on your cv , so if you have one , it works out fine or else try to get one from a professional who works for , say the Police force or the aviation field .

Apollo1
4th May 2011, 18:42
Anyone from Delhi, Chennai, or Bangalore got an interview call?????????

viper005
5th May 2011, 08:59
Can any one tell what one can expect in the first round . I have heard in the selection process the candidates are asked to write an essay and have to undergo group discussions

however I am not sure wether this is conducted in the 1st or 2nd round .

Also I was wondering on want topics they make us write.. would appreciate if some one could throw more light on this.

Thnks..Viper

cyrilroy21
5th May 2011, 16:58
A friend of mine got the call for appearing in Chennai on the 4th of June :ok:

Captain22
5th May 2011, 18:25
Anyone from Delhi got a call?

cadet_pilot
6th May 2011, 01:56
Chennai Candidates have started to receive invitations for interview !!!:ok:

aadityaslg
6th May 2011, 04:59
I applied for Mumbai, Hold a CPL with Multi-IR, Diploma in Aviation- Certificate.. not a Graduate.. did not receive a call.

v_varun01
6th May 2011, 06:14
I have a M.Sc in IT degree and also have an Indian and American FAA CPL with Multi Engine, current Class I medical, Indian and UK FRTO licenses. I have applied from Mumbai as a center and havn't received a call from SIA. My application Status shows blank and i applied for the position on the 23rd of April 2011.

Can anyone shed some light on the selection process as i hear many people in mumbai have received a call for the interviews on the 20 -22nd of May at Grand Hyatt ?

Thanks.

v_varun01
6th May 2011, 06:18
****Correction i applied on the 23rd of March 2011******

bayblade
6th May 2011, 06:35
@varun perhaps, just my guess, you did not satisfy the height requirement. are you 1.65m?:suspect:

v_varun01
6th May 2011, 10:43
I have a height of 1.79 metres, am 6 feet tall. Don't know what is the selection criteria. does anyone know of any age limit restriction for SIA ?

bayblade
6th May 2011, 13:35
sorry mate no idea then..:sad:

DesiNoobi
6th May 2011, 14:54
Guys, I 've just got my interview date to appear in Mumbai on the 22nd May. I was getting anxious and actually called their Flt Ops (worked there as contract staff for 18 months on an IT project and got to know some nice people). We had a long chat and the e-mail followed soon after. You can PM me for more details like who made it for the interview. Cheers and good luck to all!

v_varun01
6th May 2011, 18:28
Hi DesiNobi,

I have sent you a PM. Do check it and revert back as soon as possible. Btw, do you have an idea of how many people have been called for the interview in mumbai ?

Why is it that although you fit the criteria that some people like me are not getting a call from SIA ? Need your help here and please help me.

Regards,

Varun.

kalienator
6th May 2011, 20:55
v_varun what is your age and marital status

Johny Boy
6th May 2011, 22:59
I am from New Delhi and applied in late march...

Qualifications- Engineering degree in IT
CPL( ME with lapse IR on ME ) /FRTOL/Class -1 << All Indian DGCA lic.
Age - Above 25 years
Medical - Corrective lenses ( Distant)...whose power i know in simple form( - 1.0 R /-1.0 L ) kind off.....

Yet to get a reply.:(
Will i get a reply....and as some or many of fellow guys have been observing their Status is blank ...well i dont know what that means but if its " The Application status where CV and all the filled form details are given when logged in through silk air website " then .....i can see my all details and can update it too....But while filling hours in form i did a blunder and applied the form without filling flight hours, mistakenly i clicked APPLY tab....will it be direct rejection for me:\:\

superliner
6th May 2011, 23:49
@johnny and others

Call it wishful thinking but I still believe (hope?) that they're yet to send out call letters to candidates in Delhi/Bangalore. For all we know they've only just invited people to the interviews in Mumbai and Chennai.

v_varun01
7th May 2011, 05:30
i am 28 yrs old and am single.

razzy
7th May 2011, 07:48
My situation is quite similar to v_varun's. I'm 27, single, B. Tech. with distinction, MBA grad with 3.8 years of IT consulting experience, including more than a year-long stint overseas. Applied on the 27th of March for Mumbai. No call.

I don't think there's any point speculating why we didn't get a call. Who knows, maybe it was something in the application that we said, or something else in the CV/Cover Letter, etc. There's absolutely no way to tell. No call means no call. Life goes on.

v_varun01
7th May 2011, 09:45
The thing is that i have an Indian and American CPL with Multi-Engine Instrument. Current class I medical and Indian and UK FRTO & Indian AFIR rating. I have an M.SC in Information Technology with a year of working experience.

With respect to height i am 1.79 mtr and my eyesight is well within the limit as i have already cleared the stringent Indian medicals. I am 28 yrs old & single. Don't know what else they could be looking for ?

Any guesses / Suggestions ?

Varun.

Dushrox
7th May 2011, 10:37
This question is for all the guys who have got an email for the interview.

Btw i also got a call for interview on the 21st, the email mentioned to confirm the presence at the interview by replying to the email before the 12th which i did and also along in the mail i had a couple of queries that expected answers from the Singapore Airlines HR. I haven`t yet received a reply yet from them. So any of you guys got a reply from the after confirming your presence at the interview?

Please reply.
thanks

pars_tnj
7th May 2011, 17:18
Dear all,

I received mail for 1st round of interview in chennai on 4th june.

Anybody got it on the same day ?
Venue is marriot courtyard.

Also those experienced with interveiw pls suggest for preparation topics.

Thanks,
Parswanath

VT-RST
7th May 2011, 17:54
@Dushrox: Got the ACK. Try notifying them again.

@All those that haven't got: Don't lose hopes. May 22nd slot is still filling up.

pars_tnj
8th May 2011, 09:01
Dear Arivu,

I have my first round scheduled on 4th june on Marriot courtyard in chennai.
If u have received any communication PM me.

Thanks,
parswanathan

aviator_0088
9th May 2011, 14:48
Anyone from Delhi getting a call for the interview??

flight517
9th May 2011, 17:34
any lucky candidate you has received a call but he/she is not a graduate???

Rits77
9th May 2011, 20:24
Has anyone received a reply for Mumbai?

ITAviator
10th May 2011, 05:45
Bangalore anyone??

viper005
10th May 2011, 09:38
I replied them in the format they had asked requesting them to confirm me for the interview..and got the confirmation reply from them.

You can email them again just for your assurance.

When are you scheduled for the interview. I would be appearing on 22 nd @ 9.30 a

Do anyone have an idea how the interview process is conducted .. pls share

Dushrox
10th May 2011, 20:41
@Viper005

I am supposed at the interview on 21st morning !

Btw when did you reply to Ms Woo for confirmation ?

aviator_nick
10th May 2011, 22:08
What should be the dress code ??? ne suggestions???
1)Simple formals with tie.
2)A Suit.

ngirish1986
11th May 2011, 04:14
everyone !! I have shared some tips on page no 9 of this thread. Please have a look . Hope it solves some of your queries

sachinshets
12th May 2011, 19:08
Hi guys,
I ve applied for the SIA cadet Pilot programme on 24th March 2011. Iam from Bangalore and suit all requirements for the course. And yet I have not received any call for interview..

So any idea abt wats happenin wid ppl who ve applied from Bangalore?
Also, pl help me with accessing my profile on singapore airlines website as Iam not able to access any info.

[email protected]

superliner
12th May 2011, 21:00
I'd like to believe that they're still yet to invite candidates in Delhi and Bangalore simply because no one on here has reported being invited to those centers.

Cheers!

ITAviator
13th May 2011, 04:42
Yeah.. I think, more so HOPE, they are calling-in region wise. As lot of people have received it in Chennai and Mumbai.
Perhaps, its good in a way, we would at least get to know the exact format of the test and interview when its our turn.. :)

seven niner
13th May 2011, 05:32
yes superliner and i believe delhi will be last on the list, may be mid or even end of june -- just by the looks of all the posts here.

VT-RST
14th May 2011, 14:47
Just came to know from a friend that they ask for an Assurance of 50 Lakhs. Past SQ Cadets, can you please shed some light on this ?

Regds,
VT-RST

Ejector
14th May 2011, 16:10
SQ, What the hell are you thinking ???? I am watching closely, not impressed at all.

sqrahim
18th May 2011, 10:37
Hi Fellow aspirants,
Any one here attending 3 pm 22 May 2011 @ Hyatt, then please PM me.

dilip666
18th May 2011, 11:23
Hi Folks,

I have been requested to attend 1st round of interview on 5th June at Marriots. Looking ahead for D-Day. :ok: Meet you guys there..

pankaj_61
18th May 2011, 11:33
Hi Guyz,
I had applied on 28th March 2011 ( for Mumbai ), but havnt got any reply still.. Also through this forum, i got to know that people have got interview dates for 22nd or 23rd at Hyatt. Also, i checked my application status but it is blank ( below n just on the right side it reads 'view cv' ). Can anyone let me know more on this.

Pankaj

sachinshets
18th May 2011, 17:42
Hi guys,
I want to know how do I visit my profile in singapore airlines website..am not able to find it..

I have seen a lot of posts which says there status is blank....can anyone tell me wher i can see my status??

and intimation will be done thro my email id only right??

naughtyjay
19th May 2011, 06:26
Dear Mr Jobless Pilot,

I refer to your application for the position of Cadet Pilot.

We have considered your application carefully, and regret to inform you that you have not been successful.

Your interest in the Singapore Airlines Group is appreciated.

Yours sincerely,
Joyce Woo
for and on behalf of Singapore Airlines Group

aadityaslg
19th May 2011, 06:39
Dear competent but sorry no graduation degree Pilot,

I refer to your application for the position of Cadet Pilot.

We have considered your application carefully, and regret to inform you that you have not been successful.

Your interest in the Singapore Airlines Group is appreciated.

Yours sincerely,
Joyce Woo
for and on behalf of Singapore Airlines Group

superdunkaroos
19th May 2011, 07:16
^^were you guys given a reason for not being selected?

are you guys graduates?

Stallone
19th May 2011, 07:48
No reason will be given..

And don't even try emailing them, you won't get any reply

that's the way SIA works

cuoderick
19th May 2011, 11:05
hi i am new to this blog..however i would like to ask you when you got the reply from them confirming your attendance for the interview. because i sent them a reply 2 time and i havent received any reply from them yet. by the way my interview is on the 5th june in chennai.
wish you all the best for the interview, may the force be with you.

Dushrox
19th May 2011, 14:14
@cuoderick

Its an automated mailing system, hence the request by them to mention the name and the time of the interview. So just show up at the time alloted to you.

And to all the guys who are up for interview tomorrow morning ie 20th May for Mumbai, all the very best and comments would be more than welcome about the experience you had. Good luck.

thearsenal
19th May 2011, 17:08
i got the rejection mail, best of luck guys. hope you'll crack it and do post questions it will be much appreciated. cheers.

superliner
19th May 2011, 18:06
@thearsenal and others who got the rejection email: what interview centre had you applied to? The wait is killing me... don't have an interview call neither a rejection email!

thearsenal
20th May 2011, 10:07
@superliner
i had applied for bombay. i dont want to be a mood kill, but i doubt you are gonna get a call now, today was the first set of interviews. so im presuming they are done with sending calls out.

Dushrox
20th May 2011, 12:23
Hey guys let the review of the interview process flow in ! How did it go .. what are they looking for ... type of questions (share some Qs).. one on one interview or in a group ... how long was the interview ..whats next... gosh i am curious!

viper005
20th May 2011, 15:35
guys who got interviewed today would appreciate if they could update their experience..

thnking in advance

Torque Skylon
20th May 2011, 16:50
Info plz plz.

how long was the interview and what did they ask.
Even a little info will be of great help..
thanking in advance!!

Whitehouse
21st May 2011, 05:07
Can any1 please let me know if i can apply..... I have done my ATR and also i have university degree......

superliner
21st May 2011, 06:50
@thearsenal: Thanks man... you see I'd applied for the Delhi centre and by the looks of it nobody from either Delhi or Bangalore has apparently been invited so I'm still hopeful. Although with each passing day I lose hope....

cloudripper
21st May 2011, 11:40
@Whitehouse
..SIA doesn't operate ATRs!

@ all cadet pilot invitees:

just be yourself and follow the steps which have been previously posted, ditto!..nothing new. its all about being genuine.

:ok: all the best !

viper005
21st May 2011, 12:34
Hi ..how did your interview go..? what did they ask you in the interview....? can you please share few stuff.. I have my interview 2ommoro... wud appericiate if you cud share few more tips..

thank for your wishes...take care

VT-RST
21st May 2011, 16:37
Quick heads up: Take all (Original + Xerox) Documents (Passport, Birth Certificate, College Leaving) and not just what has been mentioned in the Mail (Edu Certis). :ok:

flyboy111
22nd May 2011, 13:40
@ VT-RST
true dat

how ever if u 4get to make xerox u cld do it at the hotel however they will charge u Rs10 per copy

sqrahim
23rd May 2011, 07:12
Hello Aspirants,

Please note the following instructions.
Carry original and xerox copies of the items mentioned hereunder otherwise you will be sent back.
1. Original Passport
2. Birth Certificate
3. 10 Std Marksheet (Maths, Physics and English compulsory)
4. 12 Std Marksheet
5. University Bachelor's Degree marksheet and convocation (1st attempt holders only, distance learning students will not be accepted)
6. Eye test
7. CPL and PPL & RTR if any
8. Achievements and other certificates.

viper005
23rd May 2011, 19:08
get you documents correctly. :ok:.also if u are graduate in whatever stream..get your basics brushed up..also cpl holders expect question about tech. general and other subjects. I being a graduate in physics had to face few questions in it too..

be confident about your answers and do not lie anything..:=..the interviewers are good and they make you comfortable....:D

try to be well dressed..if u r not comfortable in wearing a suit pls dont be urself however a tie will add to your impression.:)

wish all the best to all the candidates appearing in cheenai , delhi and banglore..:ok:

viper005
23rd May 2011, 19:11
how did ur interview go buddy...? by the time you msged me I had already left for the interview...

take care:ok:

Premkumar
24th May 2011, 07:12
It would be great if you guys can share your interview experience. It would help us to be prepared. I have my interview on 3rd of June. Did they ask general stuffs like suez canal, Capital of certain countries etc?

Apollo1
24th May 2011, 15:14
Does anyone in Bangalore or Delhi get an interview call?
It would be great if you guys can share some info.

btommy
24th May 2011, 16:15
Hey guys. I have applied for the bangalore centre and got the call today. It's on june 11th. All the best.:)

bala_murali
24th May 2011, 21:50
hi i am new to this blog..however i would like to ask you when you got the reply from them confirming your attendance for the interview. because i sent them a reply 2 time and i havent received any reply from them yet. by the way my interview is on the 5th june in chennai.
wish you all the best for the interview, may the force be with you.

Hi there Cudorick

I am from chennai too . I have checked the status of my application in SIA website and the status is "interviewing " and i also got a mail from Joycee woo regarding the interview . It's on 4th june -8.45 am at courtyard Marriot in Teynampet Chennai. It not 5th of June. Do check the date again. Let me know if there is any changes ! Cheers

cuoderick
25th May 2011, 01:06
hi bala how are you..i too got a reply from joyce woo. and i am pretty sure my interview date is on the 5th june at mariot in teyanampet. all the best for the interview.

bala_murali
25th May 2011, 07:18
hi bala how are you..i too got a reply from joyce woo. and i am pretty sure my interview date is on the 5th june at mariot in teyanampet. all the best for the interview.

Hey there cuoderick

May be there are too many guys applying from chennai. i think they are conducting the interview from the 3rd of jun in courtyard marriot. I rechecked my mail. The interview date is given 4th of jun for me. Let me know your number in private message of gimme a email at [email protected]. Let have a chat mate! Cheers:ok:

The Aviator 2
25th May 2011, 07:29
"Hey guys. I have applied for the bangalore centre and got the call today. It's on june 11th. All the best."

Hay Btommy... Congrats on receiving your call.... I too applied for the cadet pilot Bangalore and was wondering when did you submit the application... Exact date please? I'am quite anxious as i've dreamt of a career in flying for exactly 13 years now... i've spent endless hours in flight simulator's, encyclopedias, wiki's anything... that keeps databanks on aircrafts...

This is my only chance and if this doesn't work out, I'll be stuck with the despicable hotel industry for the rest of my life... Sorry to bore ya with all that... I applied on the 27th of march and anticipating a call soon as my current stage still read's blank at the SIA website... All the best and may you get through...

cyrilroy21
25th May 2011, 07:46
@Bala Murali

Even i have a friend who has his interview on the 4th of june at chennai

bala_murali
25th May 2011, 07:51
Cool .. When is your interview date ? How is the preparation going on ?

cyrilroy21
25th May 2011, 08:08
I tried sending a pm but yours seems to be blocked for some reason

I am not the one who has an interview

Its my friend . He works as a software engineer in Infosys and he dosent have internet at where he stays . He cant access skype from inside infosys .

I am not eligible as I am do not have a college degree

Good Luck though

Hope you get in
:ok:

btommy
25th May 2011, 12:03
All those guys who gave the interview at mumbai kindly share your experiences with us and let us know wat kind of questions were asked and what is expected. ALso let us know for hoe many days it goes on as we have to plan our stay at the city of interview.

TopGun1287
25th May 2011, 12:37
Hi Guys!!!

Sorry for the late Post, Been a little Busy, Congrats to the one's who got call for interview from Chennai and Banglaore.

Few Imp Tips:
1) Be Yourself during the interview, Be Confident.
2) Don't Forget to carry all the Documents or you could be sent back.
3) Carry Passport Sized Photograph.
4) For CPL holders, carry your flying Docs even your log book (Xerox of first and Last Page of log book).
5) Carry one Set of Xerox Copy for all the original Docs you carrying.

Many Applications were rejected and the main reason was that people didn't fill the application form correctly.

Some Questions I got to know that were asked during Interview were

What is Fly by Wire?
Co-Ordinates of Mumbai? 18 deg 58' 30'' N ,72 deg 49' 33'' E
Components of Jet Engine?
How Jet Engine Works?
What do you know about Singapore? Culture?
Destinations of Singapore Airlines In India? Six Destinations
About The Company, Fleet, Aircrafts?
Fav A/c? why?
Why do you want to become a Pilot? So Far what hv u done to Achieve it?
Tell me something About yourself? Cross Questioning on the answers you give.

Finally they will ask you, do you have any question to ask us?

I asked what is the next step if you get Selected?
Answer was, If you get selected then the second round of Interview will be Conducted in Singapore, You will informed by Mail within 4-6 weeks.
Followed by GD, then a Tea party, and Apptitude test and then IT interview.

Also If you are selected you will have to sign a bond of 7yrs and the training will be for 3yrs. Even CPL holders will have to undergo the 3yrs training to become F/O. The Amt mentioned was 2,50,000 sg$ out of which you will have to repay some 60,000$ over a period of 10 yrs.

Approx 180 Candidates were called for the Interview from Mum, So I m Guessing that around 800-1000 will be the total no. from India.

I hope this Info Helps. All the Best to the guys who are up for the Interview.
good luck to the guys who appeared for the Interview at Mum.

Gen Info: A level = HSC
O level = SSC

Cheers!!!:ok:

golf_tango
25th May 2011, 16:34
The eye test report is quite important especially for people with glasses. I got rejected because my power on one eye is 1.5 and the cut off is 1.25.

sachinshets
25th May 2011, 17:08
Hi guys,
Please lemme know how to access our profile on their website..
I have not got any mail from them, atleast if u guys tell me how to access my profile, it would help me a lot...

awaiting for ur reply...if possible pl put down the link...

Thank You

btommy
25th May 2011, 17:11
Follow this link to access your profile.
https://sia.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.profile_dashboard&company_id=16233&version=2&jobid=0

sachinshets
25th May 2011, 17:14
Hey dude,
I ve tried to access my profile but not able to..
I ve also applied for Bangalore but ve not got any mail from them...
Pl help me out with this..

My email: [email protected]

sachinshets
25th May 2011, 17:21
well, I saw my profile...no status shown:(

I hope Bangalore gets calls soon!

VT-RST
25th May 2011, 18:29
Here are some Vectors to your Profile on SILKROAD http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

Step 1 > Go to this Link

** https://sia.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?version=2&company_id=16233 **

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc325/rutvij_gt90/Image001.jpg

Step 2

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc325/rutvij_gt90/Image002.jpg

Step 3

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc325/rutvij_gt90/Image003.jpg

I hope that was helpful, and from here on, we'll have no more Questions on accessing your SILKROAD Profile!

sachinshets
25th May 2011, 19:35
Thanks i got it!!