PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Airlines Looking for Cadet Pilots in India , University Degree Required

Pages : 1 [2]

southernmtn
26th May 2011, 02:16
I'm beginning to see the reason for this big recruitment:

"Singapore Airlines to launch low-fare airline

By Geoffrey Thomas and Kurt Hofmann | May 26, 2011
ATW

Sending a major signal to the airline industry that the competitive landscape of long-haul travel is changing, Singapore Airlines announced Wednesday it will set up a new no-frills, low-fare carrier operating twin-aisle aircraft on medium- and long-haul routes.

SIA said in a statement that “the new airline is being established following extensive review and analysis,” which was in part focused on the runaway success of AirAsia X with its fleet of A330s and A340s. It added that the new airline would “enable the SIA Group to serve a largely untapped new market and cater to the growing demand among consumers for low-fare travel.”

The new carrier has not yet been named. It is expected to begin operations within one year. It will be wholly owned by Singapore Airlines, but will be operated independently and managed separately from SIA.

“We are very excited about what our new low-fare subsidiary will offer to consumers. We are seeing a new market segment being created and this will provide another growth opportunity for the SIA Group,” said CEO Goh Choon Phong.

He added, “We have observed on short-haul routes within Asia, low-fare airlines help stimulate demand for travel, and we expect this will also prove true for longer flights. At the same time, we remain fully committed to the further growth of SIA, which will continue to offer the highest-quality products and services to our customers.”

Reacting to the news in Toulouse, Airbus COO-Customers John Leahy told ATW, “I have been waiting for this to happen. It is quite a natural move. I'm a big believer in the LCC model.”

While noting that he doesn't have many details on SIA's plan, Leahy said the new carrier could operate A330s: “Have a look at Tony Fernandes at Air Asia X [an A330 operator] to see how well this operation can work. I suspect, also, [SIA's new carrier] will use the new low-cost terminal in Singapore.” "

Premkumar
26th May 2011, 05:08
1.Regarding the eye test report, to whom should it be addressed or referred to? SIA or something like "To whomever it may concern"? Anyone who had already attended the interview, can you pls give the contents of the report so that we can get ours in the similar format?
2. SIA has mentioned in the interview call mail about testimonial and supporting documents. I am working for a software firm (not a reputed one) for the past two years. I have my work experience certificate from my previous employer. Do I have to get any kind of testimonial or something that certifies that am working with the current employer? ( which means I have to tell them am attending SIA interview)? Is it necessary as many of you have mentioned that they send you back if documents are missing. Is it a compulsory one?

Thanks and Regards,
Prem.

btommy
27th May 2011, 01:07
anyone else up for interview at bangalore here? Also all those who have gven interviews at mumbai kindly share your experiences. Thanks alot.

sachinshets
27th May 2011, 17:21
Guys finally got a interview call on 12th june..!!! bangalore!!

antsair
27th May 2011, 21:19
:) me too got mail for bangalore on 12 jun at 2.45pm at the The Capitol Hotel, Basement Level, Raj Bhavan Road, Bangalore – 560001

viper005
28th May 2011, 18:39
Buddy I too have a decent eye no. say 1.50 and 0.50 still I appeared for the interview...are you sure they did not allow you for the interview becoz of the mentioned reason..

Premkumar
29th May 2011, 20:26
Hi,
Aspiring pilots who attended the interview this weekend at Chennai, kindly update the questions asked. Would help those attending in the coming weeks!

Thankyou.

pars_tnj
30th May 2011, 05:18
I have received the mail for chennai for 4th june. But i have forget to reply and replied lately. Will i get a confirmation. Or i can walkin to the venue and check with them.

Guys please help me out.

Regards,
Parswanathan

The Aviator 2
30th May 2011, 10:52
I submitted my application on the 29th of march and still haven't received any call... Could someone please inform me if any one you know submitted an application on the 29th and received a call for it??? The suspense is killing me and my job as ground staff at kingfisher airlines starts tomorrow. I'am willing to throw that job provided i get a call for the first round...

BTW the city i applied for was Bangalore... My current stage at the website still reads blank... Please help me out... This is a life i've always dreamt of...

btommy
30th May 2011, 14:22
@ aviator 2.
Well jsut wait for the call.Still almost 2 weeks for the interview.Therefore just wait for it.As far as I know there is no way to contact SIA as they have clearly mentioned that only shortlisted candidates will be notifed.Regarding your job just go join it cz SIA process takes nearly 3 to 4 months or somtimes even more.

The Aviator 2
30th May 2011, 16:17
@btommy

Yeah i understand... You see the issue is if i go ahead with the job i've gotta go to bombay for training which lasts 3 weeks and commences on June 6th

I'll just be patient and use the Law of Attraction till then :ok:

BTW where are ya put up in B'lore... I reside at Old Airport Road, Rustam Bagh, right behind Manipal Hospital... My name's Shashank...

The Aviator 2
2nd Jun 2011, 18:54
Didn't get the call yet and probably never will... Looks like it's the pathetic service industry for me... All the best to those who got the call... May you get through...

pars_tnj
4th Jun 2011, 00:52
Hi,

Another few hours for my interveiw.....

Regards
Parswa

btommy
4th Jun 2011, 03:39
All the best for the guys who are gna have their interviews in chennai and kindly share your experiences as soon as possibe.

GOOD LUCK
CHEERS:)

pars_tnj
4th Jun 2011, 12:57
Guys ,

My interveiw went Ok. But i went last i mean i was the last one to take the interveiw before lunch so the guys were kindoff hurrying up things and not showing much interest. Other than that they didnt show much interest in technical things for me( Wondering y ). So suggest you to go bit early to avoid this kind of thing.

But got to know that along with me couple of guys with CPL and others with BE in auronautical had a tough time with technical questions. Totally twenty attended in the morning . And one more batch scheduled for evening.

Guys please prepare yourself for questions like what are the aircraft types and model does SIA operate. What is special about SIA. If we have to increase market share in india what we should do. and what will be the crisis the industr will face in the coming years.

Also prepare yourself for questions like where is singapore changi airport located in singapore. Nearby countries and their capital and how it is situated from singapore.Most important

I have prepared with few basic technical stuff how airplane works, forces acting on a aircraft,aircraft parts.But nothing they have asked.

Most important thing y ur interested in this industry.. ( I am working in IT).
What made you so interested in this field. They are expecting a good answer from you.So prepare your self for this. This could be your trap (Once you answer more questions will be shooted from ur answer.)

Also carry all documents in original and one set of photo copy. to avoid hassle.
Carry a resume and photos also.

Finally they said that they will let us know in 2 weeks to 1 month.So until then will keep my fingers crossed.

Wish you good luck guys who are taking tomorrow.

sqrahim
6th Jun 2011, 05:53
Guys Can anyone please guess when will the 1st interview rounds get done throughout India. Anxiously waiting results, whether I have made it to the 2nd Interview or been rejected.
This is a very agonizing wait.
Have the Delhi interviews been conducted??

btommy
6th Jun 2011, 06:18
Chennai guys kindly post your experiences.We are anxiously waiting for the feedback.

Apollo1
6th Jun 2011, 11:29
Hopefully we(Delhi guys) will start getting the interview call now. And whosoever does please let the others know.

KrnCorn
7th Jun 2011, 10:33
@ Akshay Sharma

First of all scumbags like you shouldnt get called or get interviewed by anyone at all. You are a disgrace to the flying community!

I know who you are and what you have done to get your licence. So please do not seek help on this community and guys dont bother replying to this guy !

last summer SQ Aviation Hangar 1 (Fake flying) does it ring a bell ?

chitrashah
8th Jun 2011, 05:14
i think sia delhi interviews will be in July,,,according to what i think because...they are conducting interviews in south so i think they will take some more tme to reach to delhi.
so ppl who have applied from delhi,i suggest you to keep some patience,you will definitely get a call. :)

superdunkaroos
8th Jun 2011, 05:21
what sort of logic is that?

'they are conducting interviews in south so i think they will take some more tme to reach to delhi' ?

chitrashah
8th Jun 2011, 07:08
actually,they are conducting interview in bangalore on 16th,so i think they will spend some more time in south india,then they will come to north india.

superdunkaroos
8th Jun 2011, 08:26
Interviews in Bangalore tart around the 11th(should be a couple of day depending on the number called) and they are not on a vacation here so they will certainly not spend more time in south India. The next centre is Delhi and from the look of things it will be either one week after Bangalore or two weeks.

Stop spreading misinformation.

btommy
8th Jun 2011, 09:00
i have my interview in bangalore on 11th but not sure since which date they are gonna start in bangalore

chitrashah
8th Jun 2011, 09:32
oh really the next centre is Delhi???
if it is so,then i would like to Wish Good Luck to all the candidates there.
May you all get Success.

GunZ
9th Jun 2011, 23:24
Hey guys....i would be really grateful if any one of u can clarify mr query....
if a CPL holder gets through the whole process and gets selected.....at what stage of the training would he join? will he directly go for the stage after the CPL or he shall start from the scratch!!!!????

VT-RST
10th Jun 2011, 06:44
AFAIK, CPL Holders do not have to sit for Psychometric Tests. They undergo the same training regime as Non-CPL Holders. Do confirm, however!

GunZ
10th Jun 2011, 08:04
so dis means a CPL holder wid ME n IR will hav to start from air-ex???
and then pay 60,000SGD again fr trainin and also wait fr 3-4 yrs fr gettinh online....!!!! I really dont think dis is a good idea...!!!

Dushrox
10th Jun 2011, 08:11
@ GunZ

yeah you`v got it spot on, doesnt seem lucrative but thats what was conveyed to during my interview

GunZ
10th Jun 2011, 15:12
chek ur mail or pm......thanx!!!

Apollo1
10th Jun 2011, 18:02
All the best to Bangalore guys who are appearing for their interview tomorrow.

Anyone from Delhi heard anything from SIA? It seems like no one from Delhi has received that magic email from SIA yet.

chitrashah
10th Jun 2011, 23:27
still waiting for that magic email.....
i hope that all delhi people should get it soon....

superdunkaroos
11th Jun 2011, 12:47
Got a call for the 25th, New delhi
Connaught place

Apollo1
11th Jun 2011, 13:34
@superdunkaroos

When did you get the email from SIA?

superdunkaroos
11th Jun 2011, 14:48
Yesterday.

harsh786techy
11th Jun 2011, 15:39
Congrats on the interview call.

Could you please let us know what your "current stage" shows on Singapore airlines profile page.

superdunkaroos
11th Jun 2011, 16:17
yes the status now says "interviewing"

harsh786techy
11th Jun 2011, 16:28
:hmm:

Hope i get the interview call too and the status changes to "Interviewing".
:ok:

chitrashah
11th Jun 2011, 17:14
can anyone please put up the link on which one can come to know his SATUS of his application.

Dushrox
11th Jun 2011, 17:24
https://sia.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.res_login&company_id=16233

chitrashah
11th Jun 2011, 18:35
when its blank under the current stage column,then what does it shows ????
can anyone please Explain?//??/

Captain22
13th Jun 2011, 13:10
Anyone else got the call from SIA from Delhi?

chitrashah
13th Jun 2011, 14:35
did u get any call????

chitrashah
13th Jun 2011, 18:03
sure dude,,,,I'm hoping for the same thing too...listen I dont wana disturb you,but for your kind information,I'd like to tell you that interviews are at cannuaght place on 25th and 26th of this month........

AnyWays.....Best Of Luck.

Regards
:-)

cvchetan
14th Jun 2011, 03:16
26th june hotel lalit, 1345 hrs..

chitrashah
15th Jun 2011, 03:50
AnyOne from Delhi got a call ????

raghavkabra
16th Jun 2011, 10:29
@captain22

please tell me if they consider applicants with cpl but not with graduation

Captain22
16th Jun 2011, 10:34
No.....they won't consider students with CPL only.....their basic requirement is graduation only which they clearly mentioned in ad too.
Anywaz complete your graduation and apply again next time.
All the best

phoenixrk
16th Jun 2011, 10:35
No they won't

harsh786techy
16th Jun 2011, 14:44
Is there still anyone who has not got the call for delhi SIA Interview.?

dragstar
16th Jun 2011, 15:29
I'm still waiting to hear from SIA for Delhi interview.

flylikeaBE76
16th Jun 2011, 16:03
Such a bummer! I'm hoping against hope to get a call, but in all likeliness it's not going to happen since 17th is the last date they wanted candidates to confirm their attendance for the interview.

aviator_0088
16th Jun 2011, 18:54
I'm a final year graduate with Indian CPL n all. Haven't received any mail as yet for the Delhi centre. Is there any way of getting in touch with the HR guys of SIA? Although I've mailed to them, but getting a response seems unlikely. Any phone numbers? Or probably, I shouldn't be expecting the call coz I'm still not done with my graduation?

dragstar
17th Jun 2011, 06:48
Could someone who's got an interview call for Delhi paste a copy of the letter here on the forum.
Thanks.

captsharma
17th Jun 2011, 09:24
Got a call for 25th june,Delhi..
need a lot of guidence..ohhhhhhh

dragstar
17th Jun 2011, 10:06
@captsharma
when did you get the email for 25th??

captsharma
17th Jun 2011, 13:46
Hey I got it ard a week ago..but I was out of station so saw it today only..

harsh786techy
17th Jun 2011, 15:45
All the people who got the SIA call letters native of delhi or out of delhi.?

pars_tnj
19th Jun 2011, 10:21
Hi all,

Have anyone who attended interveiw from Mumbai and chennai got a response from SIA.
Currently the status is showing "Blank" in their application...

Dushrox
19th Jun 2011, 12:39
Has your status changed from "interviewing" to "Blank" ?

pars_tnj
19th Jun 2011, 13:22
Yes , Presently my status is showing blank. Earlier it was showing interviewing.
After two days from interview it has changed to blank.
Thats y wanted to check what happened to others status.
What abt ur status.

Any way thanks for replying.

VT-RST
19th Jun 2011, 13:58
From BOM, still showing Interviewing.

pars_tnj
19th Jun 2011, 14:15
Dear VT-RST,

Thanks for reply. Keep updating if any progress.
Will do the same from my end.

Any body else got blank after interview.???
Can't wait to get to know the results.:ugh:

smghouse6
19th Jun 2011, 15:47
hi Frnds, i have attend d interview on june 4th .do any one receive mail for SIA(joycee), pls rply

smghouse6
19th Jun 2011, 15:49
hi frnds, i have attend d interview for SIA cadet on june 4th. do any of u received mail from SIA(joycee). pls rply...

capt.vj
19th Jun 2011, 21:32
Hi,
I had also attended the interview in Chennai on 4th June, but din't get any reply yet. The status on the SIA website is blank.

TopGun1287
21st Jun 2011, 12:57
Hi All,

My status is ' BLANK ' . I appeared for MUM interview. Probably results shud be known by 1st or 2nd wk of July.

Gud luck Guys :ok:

Torque Skylon
21st Jun 2011, 14:08
Hi Topgun1287 :) ,

Even my status is "Blank"
But to my knowledge Joyce said that the results will be AFTER 2 months.
As they will give the results once all the candidates have completed their interview.
And she also said not to call them till Oct- Nov :( .
Even I hope we get the results soon, but we only have one option and that is Wait.

praanaav
21st Jun 2011, 16:25
Hi,
I was done with my interview in mumbai on 22nd May, i was told we would get the result after like completion of all the cities.

Just as i read through the thread i read some of u guys mention the status on the SIA web site is blank where as i c the status as "Pilot Interviewing"

Does any 1 has a clue what exactly is the status thing is suppose to be....................

VT-RST
21st Jun 2011, 16:51
Your status is Actually ' Interviewing ', and you have applied for FO - Cadet Pilot position! You are reading Pilot from the earlier column. :)

praanaav
21st Jun 2011, 17:35
My bad .....
So what should be the status like blank or interviewing?

TopGun1287
23rd Jun 2011, 11:51
Hi Guys,

I am just guessing from the previous experience that if you status is BLANK that means your application is being reviewed. And yes we have only 1 option i.e wait for their call.

Delhi Interviews are on 25th and 26th as i read it in the forum, so probably i guessed that the results shud be out 2 weeks after the interviews are done. They said that the wait period could be 4-8 weeks.

Don't quote me on this, coz i m just guessing it on the timeline given by SIA. :=

Gud luck and Have patience, results will be fruitfull. :D

Cheers Guys!!:ok:

btommy
24th Jun 2011, 16:33
all the best delhi guys...

TopGun1287
27th Jun 2011, 05:12
Hi All,

They have started sending Mails to Mum People, and Unfortunately I received the bad news today morning, I couldn't get thru :ugh:. Very :sad:

Gud Luck to Every! :ok:

coolonu
27th Jun 2011, 05:18
i attended d interview in Mum on 21st May, received a mail today from Singapore Airlines saying im not successful in their interview.

all d best guys!

sqrahim
27th Jun 2011, 05:22
I didnt make the cut. May be they got too many applications from the jobless CPL holders and they would be happy to have them onboard rather than spending on someone with absolutely no aviation experience.
My hopes are shattered. Will get back to concentrate on my family business.

praanaav
27th Jun 2011, 09:17
worried.... haven't got an email yet......... i did my interview in Mumbai on 22 May......

did any one get an acceptance if yes can you please share the date mentioned.

praanaav
27th Jun 2011, 09:23
has any 1 got the acceptance......

yet i havent got the email yet im from mumbai interviewed on May 22

just wanted to know if any got the acceptance whats the date of 2nd stage

TheEagle
27th Jun 2011, 10:12
What the hell is their shortlisting criteria???? I have an engineering degree, a CPL and about a 100 hrs instructional experience...what else do they want??? :mad:

btommy
27th Jun 2011, 10:17
@the eagle
how did your interview go?
Were u really confident with your interview apart from your qualifications?
Now we guys are scared to see a guy not get through with such fine qualifications.

TheEagle
27th Jun 2011, 10:50
I am pissed coz i wasnt even called for the interview....:ugh:

btommy
27th Jun 2011, 10:53
ohhh then should be problem with the filling of application man.
Else no way you woudn't have been called for with such qualifications.

TheEagle
27th Jun 2011, 10:55
"I refer to your application for the position of Cadet Pilot.

We have considered your application carefully, and regret to inform you that you have not been successful.

Your interest in the Singapore Airlines Group is appreciated."

If my application was wrong then i guess i wudnt hv got the reply....

btommy
27th Jun 2011, 10:59
Ohhh tht's weird. Sure you would get pissed for this.

btommy
27th Jun 2011, 15:01
did anyone from chennai or bangalore get a reply frm SIA?

VT-RST
27th Jun 2011, 15:49
From Mumbai, 21st May. No Reply yet!

To the few that got rejects today, TOUGH LUCK guys! Maybe something better is in store.

capt.vj
28th Jun 2011, 17:31
@ vinexy

wats your status on the sia website? does it say anything or is it blank?

VT-RST
29th Jun 2011, 02:57
From Mumbai, 21st May. No Reply yet! Status on SIA SR: Interviewing.

KDD
29th Jun 2011, 08:58
Hi, i am facing problem with the career link given by SIA any link is showing an error and redirects the page to the Airline reservation page. :ugh:
Can somebody pleeease gimme the link where I can see my status after login?
I have done with my interview on 20th May, Mumbai.

VT-RST
29th Jun 2011, 09:24
^^

Enter your credentials here:
https://sia.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.res_login&company_id=16233&version=6

Best of Luck! :ok:

praanaav
29th Jun 2011, 11:03
@vinexy

no lenses for me..

Torque Skylon
29th Jun 2011, 11:56
I too got the rejection mail on 27th.....my interview was ok.
It was a very good opportunity well cant help it now.
My friend did not receive the mail yet but his current stage is showing "interviewing".
I hope he clears it.

cuoderick
30th Jun 2011, 13:12
did any one who gave their interview in chennai has got a reply from SIA yet.

btommy
30th Jun 2011, 13:29
@ torque skylon
Are you a CPL holder or just a graduate?

Torque Skylon
30th Jun 2011, 15:59
I am a CPL holder as well.
Even my friend who have the interview the same day with me got the rejection mail.
Even he is also a CPL holder.
I wonder whats the reason for rejection!!

captsharma
30th Jun 2011, 17:39
what should be the status for delhi guys..after interview?

Spencer...
4th Jul 2011, 12:17
hey anyone from mumbai with positive reply???

cadet_pilot
4th Jul 2011, 18:28
Hi Guys ,

Is there any update from SIA to candidates from Chennai , Bangalore or Delhi ??
Did any one Receive a successful mail from SIA so far ??

pawan
5th Jul 2011, 09:38
i m pawan..whts ur prgress in sia

Spencer...
6th Jul 2011, 06:28
hey gopesho

was banglore interview last in series ??

gopesho
6th Jul 2011, 07:39
No... It was Delhi mostly.. Mumbai-Chennai-Blore-delhi..

tom_joseph19
8th Jul 2011, 02:54
any news from the blore side.....

KDD
8th Jul 2011, 06:49
Hi, anyone from Mum..20th May has got acceptance / rejection email???
I havent got either.. My Status is 'Interviewing'.. I am getting panic now.. :ugh:

KDD
8th Jul 2011, 09:39
@ETF
I am checking my email every 15 mins.. :( :(

Tiffany878
8th Jul 2011, 17:33
Hello, I checked my status and it says "Officer"

Does any one know what this means? thank you!

Stef d
9th Jul 2011, 11:02
which center and when did you give your interview

Spencer...
9th Jul 2011, 12:15
when shud we xpect reply from sia for those who haven't got a mail yet...??

Stef d
9th Jul 2011, 13:30
Tiffany im asking you which centre and when

cowls
9th Jul 2011, 18:26
To kingmaker
hey congrads for that i am a fello mate who attend the interview on same date unfortunately i got my rejection.anyways i just want to make surer whether u posses ur cpl and for sure i know u r a graduate .my prayers for u all the best for further rounds
chill......................................

aviator_nick
10th Jul 2011, 21:41
:= thats wat it shows when i log into my account..... anyone with similar problem???

VT-RST
12th Jul 2011, 03:54
^ Try uploading your CV again, in doc or pdf format.

starpanther
12th Jul 2011, 07:04
Interview 21 may Mumbai..
Status Interviewing...

Spencer...
18th Jul 2011, 08:27
hey any delhi guys got mail??

KDD
18th Jul 2011, 09:51
OMG this is too much now..... :ugh:

I had my interview on 20th may and my online status is Interviewing.. but No mail from SIA yet.. :( :(
Is there any one with a positive reply from SIA?

God knows when they will be informing all candidates.. :{

praanaav
18th Jul 2011, 10:55
Yah man the long wait is killin..... 22nd may n still no word.....

VT-RST
18th Jul 2011, 11:22
^ Best of luck guys!

Stallone
18th Jul 2011, 12:27
no news is good news

ninadbal
18th Jul 2011, 12:27
guys,gave mine on 21st may mumbai.no mails from their side.have heard that they send out rejection mails first.then the positive ones.keep fingers crossed!!:ok:

VT-RST
21st Jul 2011, 05:59
^ From my readings of all past posts, DEL Applicants haven't received their Results.

aviator_0088
21st Jul 2011, 19:11
People who appeared for the SIA Interview in Delhi; SIA is sending rejection mails now. One of my colleague has received the same. They may send the positive replies later (merely an assumption).
Good luck frnds :)

KDD
22nd Jul 2011, 06:08
I have given my Interview in Mumbai.. on 20th..untill yesterday my status was 'Interviewing' now its blank..
Anyone with the same situation??
I have not recieved any e-mail as of now from them.

fingers crossed.. :confused:

Stef d
22nd Jul 2011, 06:15
Mine Too ... does any1 know waht this implies...and mine was on the 22nd in Mumbai.

sachinshets
22nd Jul 2011, 06:19
now my status appears to be blank! yday it was interviewing! god knows wat it means.

VT-RST
22nd Jul 2011, 06:45
Be patient guys! :ok:

btommy
22nd Jul 2011, 09:36
@ KDD, cloudripper , stef d , sachinshets, VT-RST , Spencer.
Are all of you guys CPL holders and from mumbai itself?

starpanther
22nd Jul 2011, 10:26
Current interview status blank...
Interview 21 May Mumbai and am not a CPL holder..

Spencer...
22nd Jul 2011, 10:40
yes....
what about u??

KDD
22nd Jul 2011, 10:55
20th May, Mumbai.. Not CPL holder.

Why?

VT-RST
22nd Jul 2011, 13:08
Congrats to all, whose status changed! :)

Kingmaker
22nd Jul 2011, 15:15
Hey guys you can add another to the growing list of persons whose status has changed from "Interviewing" to blank today!!

sachinshets
22nd Jul 2011, 18:37
from bangalore...non CPL

abhimakam
24th Jul 2011, 06:41
Hey ppl. A silly doubt... Is a degree in correspondence good enough to apply for SIA or any airline as such which requires 1?

sqrahim
25th Jul 2011, 15:14
All the aspirants, please be patient. all the rejection mails have been sent out. so the mail you will receive will bring good news.

praanaav
25th Jul 2011, 15:34
Looks like the next blast of emails myt be out soon guys lets wait n watch...

Status from Interviewing to blank CPL holder Mumbai!!!! best of luck ppl.....

Spencer...
27th Jul 2011, 10:12
guys any news from the sia hand???

VT-RST
27th Jul 2011, 11:30
Teaching all bit or two about Patience..:)

easy-e
28th Jul 2011, 00:01
This is going to sound incredibly naive etc, but why do we not see foreign carriers recruiting for Canadian pilots? Or have I missed the ads somewhere?

I haven't flown in 6 years after turning my life upside down to leverage the retirement wave & basically running into every lousy operator there was in BC, not to mention a few abroad. Now having just turned 50, the dream job has reverted back to a dream.

I have 20 years airline experience (6 of it inflight, the rest of it business end of it) and would gladly sign my life over to be able to fly right seat offshore for the next 10 years on a modern airliner.
Its not sour grapes, just sayin' :)

KDD
30th Jul 2011, 03:49
Can we still hope for something positive?????
I am not sure what to do, its so much wait after 1st round itself..I don't even want to imagine How much time its gonna take to complete the procedure.. :( :(
Its so much of frustration, to refresh your e-mail box and status page after every 15 mins with some hope at the corner of your mind and then every time you end up seeing NO-CHANGE anywhere..you again go back to your work with the same anxiety on your mind..:rolleyes::confused:

Well we should be hoping for the best and Prepared for the worst...!!
All the best to all of us!

VT-RST
30th Jul 2011, 19:32
^ Hold on mate!

btommy
1st Aug 2011, 05:25
Guys it's already evident that we will be called for the further process as all the rejection mails have been sent while we have received none. So indirectly it just means that we are in a safe zone and have been shortlisted for the further process. So no need to panic or worry and just start preparing for the further rounds no matter when they are gonna call but they will for sure. Also Singapore process is known for it's lengthiness as well as time taking. So just keep calm and be prepared before time.

praanaav
1st Aug 2011, 06:19
its either reject, select or on hold.............. so if no Reject there is a either off possibility. ive heard so not sure about that thou... can ne 1 back me up on this 1...

VT-RST
2nd Aug 2011, 03:13
Post Edited .

Stef d
2nd Aug 2011, 05:36
VT-RST did you message the HR department or miss JOyce directly

KDD
2nd Aug 2011, 08:58
@ VT-RST
I think you are 2011 Eng pass out and hence you could not submitted your final marksheet at the time of interview (as it was on its way that time).

So I think this communication might have reached to the candidates who are appearing their degree course last year/semister.

Correct me if i am wrong.

thanks!

VT-RST
2nd Aug 2011, 09:13
Anyways, :ok:

VT-RST
3rd Aug 2011, 16:26
@Spencer: Don't worry!

superdunkaroos
5th Aug 2011, 07:58
Got a mail from them stating that the process is slightly delayed due to the sheer number of applicants.

KDD
11th Aug 2011, 06:16
Any further communication / news guys???

KDD
2nd Sep 2011, 09:27
Hi, could any one share the information?
Has anyone got any further communication???
Please .......

Gligg
5th Sep 2011, 14:14
I haven't seen any mention of Salary or T's & C's... Does anybody have any numbers? Being bonded for seven years after FO could mean you are stuck for 14 years before you have options if you're not happy at SIA. Make sure you're not selling yourselves too cheaply boys - they may be big jets but will they be small paychecks?

superdunkaroos
5th Sep 2011, 15:00
What i have gathered so far regarding pay:

Cadets:
A level - 500
Diploma - 900
Degree - 1200

Post CPL - 1900

Second officer - 2500 + Allowances

if any one with more info would like to chime in

starpanther
5th Sep 2011, 15:50
second officer pay is 5000 SGD including allowances (Variable and approximate figure).....
(Sourced from a popular website)

lemonboy
10th Sep 2011, 19:48
:D why not roos this way we will know each other better man ...

KDD
14th Sep 2011, 05:10
Guys please share has anybody (either you, or your friend, or your friends friend) received anything on this?? I have not got any email after the one that states, my profile is under review.. :ooh::ugh::{

LieDetector
14th Sep 2011, 05:32
currently shortlisted candidates are being asked to verify their documents

Spencer...
14th Sep 2011, 07:37
what does that mean...???

have you got any mail...

Iver
23rd Sep 2011, 16:36
General questions for people on this thread:

1. How many total Indians hired specific to this opportunity?

2. What is the likely aircraft type for newbies to start on?

3. Do people start with Singapore or one of the affiliated companies?

Good luck to all!

superdunkaroos
24th Sep 2011, 17:02
^^

What I gathered from the Interviewer during my questioning:

1) Roughly 700 appeared from all over India. Number to be recruited is not fixed as long you satisfy their minimums you move on(assuming after round 2 there will be a fixed intake)
2) Wide body
3) SIA, SIA cargo, Skoot

rushedyou
25th Sep 2011, 06:49
1) none hired yet, n chances look dim considering no one's heard from them for months.

2) SIA only operates wide bodies. so if ppl do get picked up, it's a big a/c right off the bat.

3) we were asked to fill in choices in order of preference between mainline SIA, silk air n cargo. skoot/scoot wasn't a publicly known idea when the round 1 interviews happened in india.

LieDetector
25th Sep 2011, 07:48
@rushed by you

selection process is slow, candidates shortlisted for second round are currently being asked to verify their original documents. Expected to be called within a month for the second round.

rushedyou
26th Sep 2011, 08:01
what verification r u referring to? i got a mail about a month n a half back asking me to give them some detail of my graduation final year exams. is this the verification process? besides, they seem to be inducting singapore cadets right now. dont think we figure in their plans right now...

LieDetector
26th Sep 2011, 14:35
Well guys with cpl were asked to verify their licenses last week from the issuing authority.
So expect a call soon from them.

and regarding them taking local cadets, that recruitment has been going on for sometime now. Even before they came out with the Indian cadet pilot program.

guitarboy
26th Sep 2011, 14:39
Does DGCA hand us a Verification Letter for Company Recruitment Purposes?

If yes, how and who to contact?

Also is this verification equivalent to considering that DGCA has checked the Hours and Flying Licences from your Flying School abroad?

LieDetector
26th Sep 2011, 14:45
I believe they should. Try getting in touch with the licensing department.

They are not worried about the hours, just your license. They will send you the email address of the person to contact for verification, all you have to do is forward the verification to Singapore.

LieDetector
10th Oct 2011, 07:09
Guys who sat for the 1st round, any idea how long after the 1st did they say the second round was going to be?

sachinshets
16th Oct 2011, 18:45
lie detector trying to find the lie????lol...:)

yeah it was told 4 to 6 weeks,..!!

VT-JET
4th Nov 2011, 12:55
Hello ppl,

I heard a few guyz from Mumbai were called for the 2nd interview to Singapore.

Can Some 1 confirm the same? Ne 1 from Chennai, Bangalore or Delhi who got called?

VT-JET

LieDetector
18th Nov 2011, 14:05
Are these rumours about Mumbai candidates being called for the second round true?
Or is it just another attempt at Inducing panic?

P-One
18th Nov 2011, 15:29
That is True....

btommy
19th Nov 2011, 00:48
so how many have been called and what are the dates given to them?Any idea when the candidates of the rest of the centers will be called?

P-One
19th Nov 2011, 03:32
They are usually called in batches of 8, 1 batch in a week....have no clue when the next set of candidates would be called.

alberttky
19th Nov 2011, 04:30
I wonder if they will join the local cadets for training.

ITAviator
22nd Nov 2011, 05:15
Good to see some life on this link..

I know only two people from Chennai who got the invite about two weeks back for the next round in Singapore.
They have to pay about 21K for to and fro trip, rest is taken care by SIA. The stay is 3 days in Singapore and back.

I believe they might be sending the mails place wise, and Mumbai and Chennai are done.

ITAviator
4th Dec 2011, 08:37
The speculations have been sort of correct..
There were 8 people in the 7th or may be 8th batch that attended the interview round in Singapore last week.
Out of 8 guys (5 Mumbai+ 3 Chennai), 2 of them cleared the round and went through the medical.
So i guess, all people from Mumbai who had not received any mail from them have finished their second round by now. Chennai people might start receiving the mails henceforth.

LieDetector
4th Dec 2011, 08:45
I was told Chennai candidates were already being called starting mid november

btommy
5th Dec 2011, 09:52
Check your PM.

aviator_nick
12th Dec 2011, 04:08
This is wat SIA mailed me....

Dear *********,

I refer to your application for the above position.

2. Please note the following in connection with your interview on *********.
Please proceed to our Admin Dept, SIA BOM Office (see office address and contact person below) during office hours within 10 working days of your travel date for collection of your travel ticket BOM/SIN and SIN/BOM confirmed on SQ423/********* and SQ424/********* respectively and bring along approximately INR12,300 cash for payment of airport taxes and security/insurance/fuel charges. Please ensure that you have a valid visa to enter into Singapore. You would need to print a copy of this invitation letter and bring this together with a copy of the e-travel tickets issued by SIA BOM Office to apply for your Singapore entry visa at the Consulate. The entry visa may take about 3 working days or more to be processed. Should you encounter any problems with your visa application, you may approach our BOM station for assistance.
SIA will provide you hotel accommodation at the Paramount Hotel at 25 Marine Parade Road, Singapore 449536 on a twin-sharing basis IN ********* OUT *********. Please note that any other incidental expenses incurred by you during your stay at the hotel will be your personal responsibility. You may check-in at the hotel on your arrival into Singapore.
On *********, please see Mrs Joyce Woo at 1C Meeting Room 10, Level 1, Lobby C, SIA Training Centre, 720 Upper Changi Road East, Singapore 486852 for an aptitude test at 8.45 am and a briefing with Mr Edward Tan at 11.00am. This will be followed by the final interview cum tea-party at 1.30pm. Please note the dress code is long-sleeved shirt and tie.

You are required to bring the Originals and a Photocopy each (2 sets) of your birth certificate, all educational certificates, degree scroll & marksheets, testimonials, flying licence/logbook (first and last page of logbook, if applicable), brown Entry Permit Card (for SIN PR holders, if applicable), photocopy of your own IC (front & back, if applicable) & own passport (page showing personal particulars/issue & expiry date) and also a photocopy each of your parents’ IC (front & back, if applicable) and passport (page showing personal particulars/issue & expiry date) if single or spouse’s/children’s IC/Birth certificates & passports (page showing personal particulars/issue & expiry date) and Marriage Certificate if married, together with four recent passport-sized photographs of yourself on *********.

On *********, you may be required to do a medical check-up by an SIA appointed doctor. The medical check-up (which will include a preliminary screening for substance abuse) is necessary in order for you to be cleared by the Civil Aviation Medical Board and it is, therefore, a prerequisite of our recruitment selection process. However, this will only be confirmed when you contact us on ********* at 11.30am for the results of the final interview cum tea-party.

superdunkaroos
18th Dec 2011, 08:48
Anyone from Mumbai, Chennai want to share their 2nd round experiences?

btommy
18th Dec 2011, 11:11
@superdunkaroos which centre are you from and did you get an invite for the second round?

LieDetector
18th Dec 2011, 11:33
I'm amazed none of the guys from Chennai and Mumbai have posted their experiences.
Why all the secrecy?

cornythactus
18th Dec 2011, 19:45
Why all the secrecy?

Simple. It is each man/woman/child for themselves at this point in time. :-)

Competitive world, ain't it?

ITAviator
28th Dec 2011, 06:54
I got a reply from SIA finally. They have said due to change in recruitment plans they are unable to process my application and will come back to me later..
Anyone else got the same mail?

LieDetector
28th Dec 2011, 07:41
Yep it was quite evident from the other thread that recruitment of cadets had been stopped for now.

Expect a call sometime after April.

VT-JET
28th Dec 2011, 11:26
ITAviator (http://www.pprune.org/members/351408-itaviator) have you received the email after attending the second round or before it.

Just a little curious since I haven't received any emails yet. :sad:

Thx.

VT-JET

sachinshets
29th Dec 2011, 03:53
yup..even i got same reply... thank god atleast they replied..!

ITAviator
3rd Jan 2012, 05:46
I have not attended the 2nd round..

Even guys who got selected in the 2nd round got mails saying it will be delayed for them. One of the SIA cadet from year 2007 was saying, they take 6 months after 2nd round, now that they r sending mails like this, it might be more wait than that for people who got thru the 2nd round..

ITAviator
3rd Jan 2012, 06:12
Sorry if i created some confusion here.. The mail I received is:

Dear XXX,

I refer to your application for the cadet pilot position.

2. Thank you for having attended the interview on XX June 2011 in xyz. Due to changes in our recruitment plans, we are unable to proceed with the processing of your application. We will keep your application in our records and will contact you again when we resume our recruitment activities.
4. Your understanding is greatly appreciated
:{

RAC3RX
3rd Jan 2012, 12:07
@ITAviator (http://www.pprune.org/members/351408-itaviator)
Where did you attend your first round?

btommy
3rd Jan 2012, 16:21
Isn't the same mail everyone got which is posted by ITaviator?

ITAviator
4th Jan 2012, 09:46
Initial interview: June '11..
I wanted to know if everyone has received this mail, or is it that only few unfortunate people have received this kind of mail..

Spencer...
5th Jan 2012, 06:10
have you been to round 2 or you just got this after your 1st round

VT-JET
4th Feb 2012, 20:36
Hey Guyz,

Any new Updates / Emails/ Rumors?

Just wanted to keep the thread alive.

Regards,
VT-JET

imran_x66
6th Feb 2012, 15:02
Is the SIA cadet programme still on?

cornythactus
7th Feb 2012, 00:10
Is the SIA cadet programme still on?

Yes. They are evaluating the applications from last time. Hopefully some good news for some of us.

boeing_pilot
10th Mar 2012, 07:17
Hi Guys,
At the current moment i don't think SIA is going to recruit people from India. As of the current news, SIA has excess FO asking them to go on Voluntary No Pay Leave. They r only gonna hire 60 cadets a yr from now on till a furthur date. which they will be able to from local singaporeans. Ony when the numbers are above 100 they start hiring from overseas. If you go to SIA website they have stopped recruiting. I know its bad news for all aspiring guys out there. Just pray that economy recovers and they start hiring so that you guys have a chance.
A trusted source from Singapore.

RAC3RX
10th Mar 2012, 09:52
@boeing_pilot (http://www.pprune.org/members/383856-boeing_pilot)
What about the few people who have already cleared their 2nd round interview and medicals and are waiting to sign their contract with SIA to start training. Do you think even they will not be called?

boeing_pilot
10th Mar 2012, 15:16
Yeah even those who cleared everything and waiting to sign the contract. Everything is stalled at the moment. Priority is always for the locals in Singapore. Only when they need more as mentioned earlier then they start hiring from India. There are many Singaporeans who cleared everything and waiting as well.
But don't let down your hopes. Hope for the best.

superdunkaroos
6th Aug 2012, 10:49
Last I heard it was on hold, will resume as soon as they start hiring.

Wishful thinking on your part.

jack s
16th Dec 2013, 00:27
Staff laid off as $50m jet training college closes doors | Sunshine Coast Daily (http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/50m-jet-training-colleges-jobs-lost/1956812/)

SIA has cut back on all cadet pilots... dont wait for this any more..