PDA

View Full Version : Need access to the analog 737-300 cockpit

TurbofanDude
21st Mar 2011, 11:33
Hi there folks,

I am designing a realistic 737 classic series for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. I want to make it the most realistic 737 sim ever designed, but to do that, I need HD photos and sounds from the cockpit. I can't get these on my own. I will need a lot of photos or what seem like strange things (to design in the sim), and quite a few sounds (Engines, battery - I already have the GPWS and TCAS covered)

I need someone with
-Access to the analog 737-300, -400, or -500 cockpit (preferably the 737-300, but the -500 would do. It depends how different the -400s systems are, I know it has a different air conditioning system). By analog I mean the one that has the analog main gauges and the radar screen in between the FMCs for the TCAS (like Southwest)
-HD Photo equipment
-High quality sound equipment

Thanks,
Collin Biedenkapp,
President, TFDi Design,

Mercenary Pilot
21st Mar 2011, 12:08
Hi Collin

My recommendation to you would be to approach a company who do "sim rides" for the public in actual flight simulators. I'm pretty sure there is a company who do this in Cranebank (the British Airways training centre) for example, but as you are looking for the analogue engine gauges, its probably worth contacting Lufthansa as they have this layout on all their 737 classic fleet to my knowledge.

I'm not sure if you are aware but the flight simulators used to train airline pilots have the real switches and cockpit instruments, also noises like battery relays, generator switch overs, starter cut-outs etc are very authentic so I think it would be much easier for you to get the photos and recordings yourself this way rather than trying to gain access to an actual aircraft or relying on someone else to do the work for you.

Good luck, hope to see your product on the market in the future.

Wizofoz
21st Mar 2011, 17:36
MP,

Some early -300 and -400 737s had anolouge Primary Flight Instruments, not just Engine instruments. As he states, they mainly went to Southwest (and may well still be in service).

I think THAT'S what he's after.

TurbofanDude
21st Mar 2011, 19:50
Yes, I am looking for the analog primary flight instruments as well. I want to use a sim but I can't because I live in update New York in the US, so I don't have access to it. They are still in service, as I flew on two from KALB to KBWI and KBWI to KTPA a month ago. I will see if I can arrange with Southwest to get to on after hours and record things.

I need someone to help please.

forget
21st Mar 2011, 20:38
This may help you to pin down 737 variants to make your needs more specific - perhaps.

The Boeing 737 Technical Site (http://www.b737.org.uk/index.htm)

keesje
21st Mar 2011, 21:13
just checked, there are 437 photo's of 737 cockpit on airliners.net.

Photo Search Results | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?aircraft_genericsearch=%3D%22boeing+737-300%22&airlinesearch=&countrysearch=&specialsearch=cockpit&keywords=&sort_order=photo_id+desc&page_limit=120&daterange=&range=&thumbnails=&engine_version=6.0)

Some are not so bad

Photos: Boeing 737-3... Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Southwest-Airlines/Boeing-737-3.../0442254/L/&sid=4b551a52aa32665d19e4dd1159639f01)
Southwest 737-300

TurbofanDude
22nd Mar 2011, 00:46
thanks guys.

I have seen both the airliners.net photos and the 737 tech site.

still need a pilot though, but I'm getting there