PDA

View Full Version : Passport renewal Uk

eyes_skyward
20th Mar 2011, 20:01
Over the last few weeks I have had my UK passport renewed. In my old passport I had an American visa c1/d for aircrew.

I was lead to believe you received your old passport back with your old visa with the corner cut off. But at this time a week has gone by with no old passport.

Any guidance for renewal of visa.

WASALOADIE
20th Mar 2011, 20:22
My old passport arrived back a couple of weeks after receiving my new one.

HS125
20th Mar 2011, 20:26
Your original understanding is right,

If they've failed to return the old ask them for it in a very limited space of time given that you need it for your work.

Threaten to go legal if they don't do exactly what they say.

Similar happened to a friend of mine and even though the original passport and visa had been destroyed, he didn't have to lift a finger to sort it.

I always go for the same day service and refuse to leave until I have what i wanted in the first place.

Get shirty, they charge enough and are after all public servants!

asyncio
20th Mar 2011, 21:51
I renewed mine last month, and as with wasaloadie, it took about 2 weeks to get it back.
Note, that it comes back via normal 2nd class post. Presumably because it is now considered 'worthless', although obviously not in your case as it still has your visa. :uhoh:

On the upside, my new passport arrived a further 5 days after that. So at least they are reasonably efficient about it.

WHBM
20th Mar 2011, 23:00
On my recent renewal the old passport made it back first !

New one came by courier, without appointment, so out when they turned up of course, and then all the hassle of rearranging delivery.

Old one just came through my letterbox a day later !

I got the feeling they were both dispatched same day.

Evanelpus
21st Mar 2011, 10:32
I'm with WHBM.

My old passport came back with a 'comps slip' saying something to the effect that my application was being processed.

New passport arrived about a week later.

Jinkster
29th Mar 2011, 21:23
Talking about US visas - are they transferable between airlines?

Thanks.