PDA

View Full Version : Can I fly??

cudgy_funt
17th Jun 2001, 15:11
Will any airlines hire me even if i am abov 6ft4, which seems to be the cut off point. I accept that i probably will not get sponsorship due to my height, so even if i pay for it out of my own pocket (ouch!) will anyone still hire me? Will i even fit in the aeroplane?

[edited for spelling]

[This message has been edited by cudgy_funt (edited 17 June 2001).]

Nick Figaretto
17th Jun 2001, 15:35
I'm 6ft4 and I can fly!!!

If you were 6ft6 or 6ft7 you would maybe look into a real problem, but there are a lot of pilots who are around 6ft4. ...But not very much taller.

The procedures probably differs from company to company, but it would be stupid if a company would turn down a qualified pilot just because he's 6ft4.

But if you want to be sure - from now on you are 6ft3. :)

Nick.

------------------
"I have found that alcohol taken in sufficient quantity produces all the effects of drunkenness."
~ Oscar Wilde

StressFree
19th Jun 2001, 22:35
Hey guys,
I'm 6'4" and have been an airline pilot for 12 years and this is honestly the first time I've ever heard of a height restriction so in my experience dont even worry about it.

:)

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

SLT
19th Jun 2001, 23:21
Evenin' all.

I am 6'5" and a bit!!! Have been working as an airline pilot for 4 years, and was sponsored too. As far as I'm aware, BA are the only UK airline to specify a height limit - 6'3". However, they do say that pilots who are taller than this may have to undergo a function test to ensure that there is no problem. Can't see why really - I've flown TP's and Airbuses - no problems. I think they are stricter with the limit with the Cadet Scheme than they are with DEP's.

Hope this helps