PDA

View Full Version : Flight Simulation Project

r-l-d
17th Mar 2011, 22:24
Hi, I'm a third year at uni studying air transport with pilot training. This year I’ve been asked to write a project researching into the value of flight simulators in the aviation industry from a commercial perspective.

To do this I need to get as much feedback as possible from anyone in the industry that has ever used or worked with flight simulators.

I was wondering if anyone would be prepared to do an online interview with me that I could record and transcribe to use and take quotes for my project to gauge a professional perspective.

If anyone would be willing, I would be so grateful and it would be such an asset to my work. All responses and interviews would be completely anonymous if preferred as I don’t want to intrude into anyone’s professional careers.

If you could contact me in a message or via this thread and I will be in touch- it would be great to get some feedback from as many people as possible.
Thank you for your time,
Rebecca

Tinstaafl
18th Mar 2011, 17:42
Some thoughts of mine about it:

You'll need to categorise the level of fidelity of the sims. The greater the realism, the more you can do with the sim but the greater the cost. Are you also including Flight Training Devices?

You'll also need to compare the cost of the sim vs. training in the aircraft

Safety & uitlity are factors too. So many more things can be demonstrated/trained for in a sim that would be unsafe or impracticable in the plane.