PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Cadetship......

d.shaw15
17th Mar 2011, 05:02
Hi guys, I've looked into the Cadetship offered by Cathay and am just curious as to how long you are 'tied' to Cathay if taking this method of entry into their organisation?

bubble.head
17th Mar 2011, 05:17
5 years. During this time you'll be living below the povelty line in hong kong. Welcome.

startingout
17th Mar 2011, 05:18
Try this link, if your seriously looking into the process, all 120 pages can be read easily.

http://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbour-wannabes/378978-cathay-pacific-cadet-pilot-programme.html

On that note can we lock the thread please?

hongkongfooey
17th Mar 2011, 11:22
Listen to bubble, and don't get any ideas of buggering off with the endorsement, until you make F/O (4-5 years) the licence you get is not worth a pinch of :mad: anywhere else.
30K HKD /month is fark all in HKG, hell, its fark all in Oz ! To add insult to injury, you will never get housing or education allowance, which are MASSIVE costs in HKG.

Enjoy :yuk:

SeldomFixit
17th Mar 2011, 21:32
HKG Phooey - the race to the bottom is only ever a race when you have starters at the line. Can you give me specific examples of when there has never been a long line of willing starters, regardless of conditions ?

hongkongfooey
18th Mar 2011, 00:10
Not sure what your point is Seldom, maybe the pollution has made me senile ?

Just want to let people know that once the shine of cheap beers, cheap hookers and sitting in the jump seat eating sandwiches watching some of the slickest operators in the world wears off, you are left living in one of the most expensive, overcrowded and polluted places in the world on less than 4K AUD/month, of course that will increase to 5K over 3-4 years.

If, after being informed, they stil want to join the ever increasing race to the bottom, well thats not my problem.