PDA

View Full Version : Air India??!!!???

Michele Smith
31st Jan 2002, 20:12
Can anyone out there help me with a dilemma?

I am a white knuckle flyer who is planning a trip to New York from the UK. I have looked at the airline prices and Air India seem to offer the best price. I nipped into a site called 'epinions' where customers can give their views of an airline and the flight and service they received. Air India's consisted of comments such as 'never again' 'I question the airworthiness of these planes' 'I thought that the plane was going to disintegrage on take-off' 'the scariest landing ever'.

Now I don't want ot overreact but I don't feel very comforted by this - should I fork out an extra couple of quid and fly BA? Please advise!

Michele

Matthewjharvey
31st Jan 2002, 21:29
I've heard similar comments about BA!!!

shon7
31st Jan 2002, 21:49
Air India is only good if you decide to fly Business Class. Economy is a nightmare for travellers used to polite attendants, decent service and a responsive crew. However if you are willing to rough it out it isn't so bad for the price. Also you have to reconfirm your tickets 48 hours before the flight or they take you off. In addition lines can be long and Air India ground crew are pretty slow.

Safety records are good, airplanes maintainted well, crews are competent. I wouldn't worry about that aspect.

The_Banking_Scot
31st Jan 2002, 22:59
Hi,

United Airlines are offering return flights ex London to NYC for travel until the 21st March for £213 including tax.. .You have to book before 18th February online only at <a href="http://www.uk.ual.com" target="_blank">www.uk.ual.com</a>

I would probably pay a little extra and fly Virgin or BA ( depending on how much the price differential is)

Hope this helps.