PDA

View Full Version : LVP's and Approach Minima

jumpseater
16th Mar 2011, 20:34
http://www.aaiu.ie/upload/general/13067-PRELIMINARY_REPORT_2011_005-0.PDF

A very sobering initial report regarding the recent accident at Cork.

twentypoint4
17th Mar 2011, 17:13
Scary stuff.

I find it interesting that it's not mentioned in the report whether the crew reported the runway/lights in sight, especially on the 3rd and what sadly turned out to be their last attempt. I guess they did, presumably at some point before or upon hearing 'minimums' (considering they chose to continue).

Hope I don't get comments from the anti-speculation police. I'm merely commenting on something I thought might have been mentioned in the report.

ComJam
18th Mar 2011, 16:02
Sadly it looks like a series of very poor decisions.

:(

wiggy
18th Mar 2011, 16:15
it's not mentioned in the report whether the crew reported the runway/lights in sight,

"Reported" to who (whom?)?

AFAIK it's not usually a requirement to report it to ATC and the standard call between the pilots on the flight deck at Decision Height would possibly be something as simple as "land" or "go-around" (depends on company procedures).

I would agree it's not clear from the initial report if the crew ever saw the lights.

BOAC
18th Mar 2011, 16:29
I doubt very much they did on the first two approaches anyway. What happened on the third is for the enquiry, although it may have to be 'unknown'.

R&P - wiggy is correct. There is no requirement for a call other than going around or clear of the sensitive area.