PDA

View Full Version : Flightcases

fly2you
16th Mar 2011, 11:55
Hey!
I wonder how much of you guys really use flightcases nowadays ?
Or have you all switched to backpacks ;)
If you use cases , do you use them just on long trips ?

I got a flightcase in trolly format (with wheels) for myself,
and im pretty happy with it.

Thanks for sharing your experience /answers.
:)

JimmyBiggles
11th Apr 2011, 18:02
Hello, I guess it's a case of use what suits you!! My own needs have changed over the years while loosely trying to conform to uniform standards so currently I have a padded bag for my laptop that can be worn over the shoulder. It all depends on how far you have to walk through some of our larger airports!!!! :O

CargoMatatu
12th Apr 2011, 12:04
We used to call them "Nav Bags".

I'm traditional old-school and would not be seen without mine. :ok:

Booglebox
12th Apr 2011, 22:30
I'm no professional pilot (...yet) but I do travel quite a bit. I have basically a drag along stewardess-style (if you don't mince too much nobody notices..!) overhead-compatible bag, with a zip up compartment in which you can put a smallish briefcase-style laptop bag (that comes with it). If you need extra space you can put a coat in there or something, check the bag and carry on the laptop bag bit of it (which is usually what I do), and it works fine with the laptop bag sitting on top with the handle through the extended handle of the main bag.

Sounds complicated but works very well. However having had it for 5 years the zips (it all relies on zips) are getting knackered. Made by a company called Solo, don't know if they're still making them.

Denti
12th Apr 2011, 23:22
Since all we need to carry on board is the headset, most of my colleagues use a standard notebook case, some even smaller cases or no case at all. I use a standard samsonite notebook case currently, but since i often carry some papers i'm working on i do consider getting a bigger one again. Used to carry a standard nav kit back in the days, but thats pretty much used up by now. I was thinking about a Rimowa pilot case, but they are not exactly cheap. Decisions decisions...

Superpilot
1st May 2011, 12:13
The one on the left is carried by EZY pilots and the one on the right by Ryanair pilots :E

http://img101.herosh.com/2011/05/01/491108831.jpg

hector
2nd May 2011, 21:24
Noticed Aldi selling the hard shell, box shaped "pilot" cases today at £24.99. Just a little bit more expensive than the carrier bag.

oceancrosser
4th May 2011, 22:56
Since all we need to carry on board is the headset, most of my colleagues use a standard notebook case, some even smaller cases or no case at all. I use a standard samsonite notebook case currently, but since i often carry some papers i'm working on i do consider getting a bigger one again. Used to carry a standard nav kit back in the days, but thats pretty much used up by now. I was thinking about a Rimowa pilot case, but they are not exactly cheap. Decisions decisions...

Somehow I have always found those lugging those aluminum containers around (mostly Germans) amusing. I thought the containers belonged in the belly...

beamer
5th May 2011, 10:27
Laptop, Hi-viz, pens, torch, Daily Telegraph, Tea-bags, calculator, mobile phones, toothbrush, clipboard, miscellaneous paperwork folder, car keys, i-pod, camera, novel (for the beach you understand), ketchup sachets,
sunglasses.............whatver size, I'll fill it:E