PDA

View Full Version : Bartolini Air Flight School

Pages : 1 [2]

BoeingLudo737
26th Jul 2019, 14:07
AFTA, VA and now Bartolini have official Ryanair programmes, yet Ryanair say they have a surplus of 300 pilots :confused:

Have you thought about the fact the it will take at least 2 years for an integrated student to start flying for Ryanair?

MaverickPrime
26th Jul 2019, 20:34
Not if you are a modular student going through the AFTA scheme or a MCC student doing the VA course!

Personally, I don’t see the 737 MAX situation sorting itself out anytime soon; so expect things at Ryanair to be slow in the near future.

asmith474
1st Aug 2019, 07:17
does anyone know the dates for ATPL groundschool at bartolini and what is needed before hand to do the 2 week session?

NesherUY
2nd Aug 2019, 07:50
anto125;

I find this review really honest and helpful. I'm from Uruguay but have got a Polish passport (never spoken a word of Polish in my life) and recently I've gone to FTE Jerez and passed their assessment in June. Now I'm considering whether going for Bartolini instead is a better choice since the price difference is huge but the value does seem to be there. Of course FTE has it going with a number of airlines and paying extra for the brand name and quality of instruction is tempting, but I've got the experience of getting a PPL in Uruguay, which is basically the same environment as you described when studying at Bartolini. Also, I'm expecting to start courses in FTE around New Years, but I feel if I choose to go to Poland I'll have to expect to start around this time next year.

I feel these two schools are two different worlds altogether, guess I'll gave to think it through well.

Flyfede80
3rd Aug 2019, 09:39
NesherUY...if you have the money to go to FTE...it is the best choice for sure!!Quality, meteo, instructor, connection with airlines etc etc...if you want to go to a cheap flight school Bartolini (but a lot of) could be a good choice. About ATPL or PPL theoretical course...FTE is like an University...Bartolini is like "made yourself" ground training...you pay as you get...

Citationcj2
3rd Aug 2019, 10:45
I would highly disagree with your statement.

I went to Bartolini and my friend went to FTE.

Bartolini is ran by all airline staff, the IR ground school was amazing. We covered so much of the EASA ops, that wasnt even the requirement btw.. and I wont wven mentioned the price. I paid 15.5€K and he paid 39€K

I got the job within 2 months with a Legacy Carrier, while he waited desperately over 1.5yrs.

So go figure, just cause the FTE has a luxurious advertisement and so on, it doesnt mean its the best..

More expensive is not always better!

NesherUY
3rd Aug 2019, 17:54
If you don’t mind of course: Can you describe what your experience was like going there? Did they help you with job hunting once you left or give you any contacts? Any goods and bads? Thanks!

GoProPilot
6th Aug 2019, 16:04
Hi Guys.

I have a place on the CPL ME IR package start date april 2020. (Deposit paid)

I need to delay it.

Would be be willing to swap with anyone starting preferably, July possibly August.

Thanks.

Gurpreet_
7th Aug 2019, 14:09
Hi all,

I caught wind of the partnership between Bartolini Air and Ryanair to make the Bartolini Air - Ryanair Mentored Programme. However, I cant seem to find any information regarding if its an MPL or ATPL course, the pricing for the programme or the minimum requirements.
Would anyone here happen to know?

Thanks

Kaillou
8th Aug 2019, 09:01
This is just a "Mentored" Programme, not a MPL or ATPL with a guaranteed job at the end. Just like the "Mentored" Programme with AFTA, you'll go through a regular 0 to Frozen ATPL course but you'll be mentored by people from Ryanair that will oversee your training, how you progress etc ... and i guess you'll be taughted Ryanair's SOP asap. But in the end, you'll have to go through the interview process etc just like any other candidate. You'll just have way better chances to get recruited i guess.

Citationcj2
8th Aug 2019, 11:13
If you don’t mind of course: Can you describe what your experience was like going there? Did they help you with job hunting once you left or give you any contacts? Any goods and bads? Thanks!

my experience was great, I would do it all over again.

It was the most memorable flying I ever did, probably even more then the actual airline flying.
The way the teach, interact with students was amazing. I’ve had some experience with other flight school and I couldn’t say the same for them. Bartolini gives a quality training, rather then just taking your money.

When I finished training, the airlines weren’t hiring at all. So it took some preparation and effort to get hire. Bartolini worked with me in every aspect, from recommendations letters, to even hooking me up with people in the industry. I got hired soon after and I’m so great full it all worked out as if it wasnt for them, I could have been hunting for a job a little bit longer.

This was my experience, and bear in mind this was over 3 years ago. Things might have slightly changed now due to a massive amount of students going trough, but again, things have never been better for prospective pilots!

Good luck

Reverserbucket
8th Aug 2019, 13:06
things have never been better for prospective pilots!
Hmm...not sure about that looking at some of the 'Rumours and News' threads.

Citationcj2
8th Aug 2019, 23:14
yeah I wouldn’t really focus my attention on Ryanair if thats what you mean. They are not the only gig in town.
There’s plenty of choice and airlines hiring at the moment. ( Jet2,Easy jet, TUI, Stobart, CityJet,Flybe,Aerlingus and thats just in europe, without mentioning Quatar, Emirates, etc) When I started my flying career there was not even one airline that was hiring unless you were prepared to go to Botswana or Susi air. So go figure

miguel22
26th Oct 2019, 07:05
And what about the CPL + ME (IR) courses? Also having delays? Did you hear anyhting about it?

Thanks and good luck :ok:

Shane_w77
15th Apr 2020, 06:55
Hi,
Can anyone give me any advice on how hard the entry assessment is and if just practicing compass tests is enough?
thanks👍🏽

r10bbr
6th Jul 2020, 10:27
september 2020 or september 2021 slot?

airdem23
6th Jul 2020, 10:59
September 2020

Paco Pedro
25th Jul 2020, 17:03
Hi Shane_w77,
How was your assessment? I am also thinking about participating in the assessment.
All the best.

slabarto
24th Oct 2020, 16:10
This is SERIOUS advice from someone who's wasted their time here, whether you are consider this regardless or to encourage you to go somewhere else, this is for you:

If you are bent on this disaster, DON'T start in September: by the time ground school is finished you will be wasting your time and not finish until February the following year even due to RAIN and poor weather. That just shows it is a rip-off and a fake school where the name somehow implies Italian ownership which is FALSE. This is a Polish ONLY school. You will be advised that there are foreign instructors; you will have to FIGHT for flying with them and find yourself having a local instructor constantly controlling the sticks or interfering without you knowing.

The TECNAMs are weak, tiny rubbish airplanes (the only thing Italian about the school): Fiat Punto of the skies at best.

There you have it.

The team is not serviceminded at all and you will be shocked at how rude the people are. It seems it is still the USSR/developing country in the worst way and the filthy city of lodz. Once you have arrived you will have to sign onto ALL their rubbish courses ie the whole program in a NASTY contract. You can forget about getting your money back or make demands the smallest of things as you pay up front.

If you wanna go and waste your time and money in Poland go to Warsaw or Poznan and do the PPL there instead; my advice is go somewhere with good weather or stay at home and pay as you go--time considered it will be A LOT cheaper. RyanAir won't be hiring anyone from this place in this economy.

The school is not even easy to get to, 2 kms from the airport entrance and lousy connections--LAUGHS!

Good luck and stay out! You have been warned.. if you have questions write privately. I will check in from time to time here but not often.

Citationcj2
25th Oct 2020, 09:13
In all fairness you seem like you’re looking for a miracle. Maybe for a flight school outside your house and a license without training and any effort.

So you want to be an airline pilot, yet 2km drive/walk/cycle to flight school is a difficult job for you??

I personally think with this attitude, airline pilot would be a wrong job for you, perhaps local walk to lidl to stack shelves would be more appropriate.
What would you do if an airline told you to self position from one country to operate in another country and then to drive back in a taxi for 5 hours?? This is the reality! Not sure what are you expecting?

As for tecnam planes, hey it’s a personal preference! For me they are fantastic planes, great trainers and cheap!This is exactly what you want when you’re training.

But since you dont want the puntos of the sky, there are Cirrus SR22’s used in Holland for training, Called Ferrari’s of the sky, but at €500 per hour. Would this suit you better? Definitely something you want to do your hours, really cheap and affordable:)

Bartolini offer a Seneca V too? Is this too bad for you too? Hmm but thats a Piper! What would they know:)

Your complain here is a sign of desperation and a sign of reality in this current climate.

Bartolini has taught thousands of pilots who now fly worldwide including myself and I never had an ounce of bad experience.

As a matter of fact, I was about to enroll in Oxford Aviation ( At the time the best of the best.. on the paper at least) but I ended up in Bartolini!

Later on while I was deep in the right seat already, my Oxford friends were still job hunting!

Bartolini is a highly regarded school in aviation sector, and you’ve got to work to achieve things and this exactly what they provide.

To end this, Aviation is not a Leonardo Di Caprio style life!
Its a race to the bottom, its a hard working environment, its a continuous hardship in order to climb that ladder and to even question whether you will ever get that first job!

At your level, I would certainly give this a one big thought! You are already struggling and seems like you haven't even started!

It’s not going to get easier, no flights schools are going to be what you expect and no one is going to bow to you! Its a twisty road ahead and you already crashed on the first bend!

Hope you find a suitable school:)

PilotLZ
25th Oct 2020, 14:20
The part which I found most surprising was that in winter the weather in Poland is cloudy and rainy. Who would have thought? I thought that it was +25° and sunny almost every day and kept wondering why winter sun seekers went to Hurghada instead of Łodz. Now I have the answer.

Banana Joe
25th Oct 2020, 14:26
Bartolini have never claimed to be an Italian flight school. And if you did not want to fly with a Polish instructor, why did you go to Poland in the first place? Did you even visit the school before signing up to it? That's rule number 1 when it comes to picking a school for training.

Lodz isn't the best city in Poland, I give you that, but I still had a great time during my two years there, but this is personal and probably not every body is able to adapt. I had an excellent experience also with the flight school staff as well as their transparency. A couple of weeks later I completed my training, I was contacted by them to provide them with my bank information. Turned out that, unbeknownst to me, I had a positive balance in excess of 700 euro. They could have kept it for themselves instead...

I don't think they still have a Seneca V available, but Tecnam aircraft do the job: they keep the costs down.

If the school had been even 1/10 as bad as you picture it, I would not have invested my hard earned money there. And if I had to go back I would do my training there again.

African_TrouserSnake
25th Oct 2020, 23:26
This is SERIOUS advice from someone who's wasted their time here, whether ...

with all due respect, what exactly did you expect from PPL training in Poland during the autumn? To finish it within a month?

TogaToFLs
24th Jul 2023, 17:41
Any recent feedback on Bartolini? I’m considering a CPL+ME+IR package with them but there is little recent feedback on the school.

r10bbr
25th Jul 2023, 12:10
Have you tried asking on their social media page such as FB/Instragram etc, I'd consider other schools in Poland such as Smart Aviation in Poznan or Adriana Aviation in Bydgoszcz, Again please do not be blinded by the shiny social media posts etc, if you can visit the school, ask about the fleet, training duration and time table and speak to current and former students, I know with the last two schools i mentioned CPL/MEP/IR can be done in less than 11 weeks as such again if you go during summer period up until late October the weather is great...

Alicantino92
2nd Aug 2023, 12:59
Anyone would like to share a bit about the current Bartolini Air (online) assessment for their modular training course / 0-fATPL program?

The information I got so far is an online aptitude test followed by online Math's and Physics evaluation. Furthermore, an English proficiency check, and a personal interview with an aviation psychologist.
In 2019, Bartolini used Compass and currently for the Ryanair Mentored Programme, the Aon Cut-e tests.

More information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

PilotW343
3rd Aug 2023, 12:04
I recently completed the a-on/cut-e tests you are referring to and have now progressed on to the last stage. The online test (if you havent already completed it) is a series of tests and 3 short video interview questions which you record yourself for. I used pilotassessments.com to prepare it does require a bit of an investment of around 50 euros but is worth it. I am wondering if anyone has any experience of the last stage that is in person at the centre in Lodz?

Alicantino92
4th Aug 2023, 21:00
Many thanks for confirming which (online) assessment Bartolini uses, this helps me tremendously in preparation!

Unfortunately, I can't help you specifically with what to expect in Lodz. But I think you can assume it will be an interview with Bartolini Air's management and/or a psychologist to get to know you better.

Unhinged_pilot
19th Aug 2023, 16:18
Wait, you have to apply and be selected to their training programs?!
Isn't this just another private flight training school that's hungry for students and revenue? Why would there be a selection program?

ISTJ
20th Aug 2023, 11:37
I have EU citizenship so I was also considering this school with the RyanAir option. However it takes them over a week to respond which isn’t a good look.

They told me you have to do 8 months of theory before you even sit in a plane. To even get into the Ryanair program you have to do a video interview, then actually go to Poland to sit a maths and physics exam. To be honest it sounds like a lot of hassle.

I also got the feeling that the staff here aren’t the most friendly (but could be wrong). It’s also a European thing - people are very cold and direct. If you’re from the UK or US you might be in for a shock.

Flyfede80
24th Aug 2023, 11:01
I have EU citizenship so I was also considering this school with the RyanAir option. However it takes them over a week to respond which isn’t a good look.

They told me you have to do 8 months of theory before you even sit in a plane. To even get into the Ryanair program you have to do a video interview, then actually go to Poland to sit a maths and physics exam. To be honest it sounds like a lot of hassle.

I also got the feeling that the staff here aren’t the most friendly (but could be wrong). It’s also a European thing - people are very cold and direct. If you’re from the UK or US you might be in for a shock.

Hi, Bartolini, as other ATO in Europe have a lot of requests (overbooking) so it's normal to have a selection process to include the BEST students in their ATO...to avoid to waste time with people without the correct approach to the professional training. If you want to apply to one of the best ATO in Europe you have to pass the selection process...it's a standard in Europe, maybe not in your country, welcome!
About the people...as in any place in the world...some people smiling a lot...other less...

African_TrouserSnake
28th Aug 2023, 22:35
I wouldn’t take the ryanair mentored program that serious. There is no difference in anything other than the apsmcc with ryr SOPs being part of it. ppl cpl me ir etc all identical to the ‘regular’ program. At least this was the case last year.

In the end the vast majority gets invited to the ryanair assessment, regardless of the flightschool etc. Age seems to be the hardest criteria to pass on.

Perform satisfactory on the assessment, bring the 30k and you’re settled.

sure Bartolini is a good quality for money school, but certainly not the only one in Europe. Spain, Greece, Poland they all have schools that offer quality courses for a good price. At the end of my trip I discovered that it doesn’t really matter that much. Especially if ryanair is the goal…

So I would advise to go to a place that you feel comfortable with and don’t get sidetracked by the labelling and marketing

African_TrouserSnake
28th Aug 2023, 22:45
Hi, Bartolini, as other ATO in Europe have a lot of requests (overbooking) so it's normal to have a selection process to include the BEST students in their ATO...to avoid to waste time with people without the correct approach to the professional training. If you want to apply to one of the best ATO in Europe you have to pass the selection process...it's a standard in Europe, maybe not in your country, welcome!
About the people...as in any place in the world...some people smiling a lot...other less...

Definitely not amongst the best ATO’s in europe, but it is one of the best cheap ato’s in europe.

Regarding he assessment, it looks like a bit of a moneygrab since it isn’t free nor cheap. Especially considering the above.

TogaToFLs
29th Aug 2023, 06:44
I wouldn’t take the ryanair mentored program that serious. There is no difference in anything other than the apsmcc with ryr SOPs being part of it. ppl cpl me ir etc all identical to the ‘regular’ program. At least this was the case last year.

In the end the vast majority gets invited to the ryanair assessment, regardless of the flightschool etc. Age seems to be the hardest criteria to pass on.

Perform satisfactory on the assessment, bring the 30k and you’re settled.

sure Bartolini is a good quality for money school, but certainly not the only one in Europe. Spain, Greece, Poland they all have schools that offer quality courses for a good price. At the end of my trip I discovered that it doesn’t really matter that much. Especially if ryanair is the goal…

So I would advise to go to a place that you feel comfortable with and don’t get sidetracked by the labelling and marketing

​​​​​​At what age do the problems to get called for assessment start from?

Flylot123
4th Oct 2023, 11:37
I will write my honest review of this school after doing my entire flight training here and I will try and write it as fair and balanced as possible.
Generally the quality of flight training is very high, the instructors (mostly) are very good and they have excellent SOP's and train you to a high level. With regards to the level of instruction, I have no complaints. Unfortunately, everything else that comes with a flying school Bartolini falls short. The organisation is really poor and the communication with students is basically zero. You have to constantly chase them for information that they should have provided to you, and generally, even if you chase they will just ignore emails, messages, phone calls. It seems to me that this is not through bad intentions but sheer disorganization/ understaffing. The flying although high quality is slow, which is often due to bad polish weather (fair enough) but more often simply due to a lack of bookings for seemingly no obvious reason. Over the course of my training I averaged around one flight a week, so it is no surprise that the integrated training took nearly double the advertised time. After speaking with many students it seems like this is a very common theme with everyone.

Maybe if you are a modular student I would recommend if you are only coming for a few months (although allow for double whatever time is advertised), but if you are looking at an Integrated ATPL course, it seems they still have not got the experience and organisation to deal with this course structure yet and the course has been plagued with little problems. Yes the price is attractive, but what you are saving in costs you are sacrificing with your own time.

I would find it easier if they were transparent with students, sending emails or apologizing for any delays/ trying to explain the situation, but instead they simply leave you in the dark until you complain or raise an issue.

sbdki
19th Oct 2023, 21:16
Thanks for your input !

"this is a very common theme with everyone" You mean everyone at Bartolini, or everyone in Europe ? :)

alphalimaechoxray
28th Feb 2024, 09:41
Also worth considering whether you actually want to live in one of the more boring Polish cities. It hasn't got that much going for it over winter when its cold and dark, needs to be factored in as it can impact motivation in the long run

flylevel390
4th Mar 2024, 09:56
Flylot123

Hell yeah, I had the same impression, when I was in Lodz at Bartolini. Sometimes they just don't inform you or forget just things, which were important for us (they wanted to provide some important documents e.g.)...

Is this a professional behaviour? They pretend to be professional, but in the end? You pay for the low prices with your time.

I would rate them 6/10, which is okayish.

Richard_
4th Mar 2024, 12:35
i would advise looking at other schools like smart aviation / zonda or adriana

hid3
4th Mar 2024, 14:14
Is this a professional behaviour? They pretend to be professional, but in the end? You pay for the low prices with your time.

Low prices ..? I must have missed that...

AlwaysWondering
4th Mar 2024, 14:46
I think a lot of people forget that ALL schools have their pluses and minuses. Even people at schools costing €120,000+ have things to complain about. I know because I have heard lots of them.

The other issue is most people only go to one or two schools during their whole training journey. Very few have been to multiple to schools and are able to fairly compare. Not to pick on anyone, but look at Richard's post above. He obviously has an issue with Bartolini, but then recommends three other schools. I am certain he hasn't studied at all four and doesn't have full information on all of them. One of the schools he lists, for example, has an appalling reputation based on hearsay, but, again, I haven't been there so can't really say.

Bartolini is a lot cheaper than those €120k+ schools and also has a great reputation. Look how many of their former students now fly for the airlines. Very few modular schools can boast the number they can.
Though I am sure there is plenty of negative stuff too.

What advice can be given is that students should go into training with their eyes wide open.

Yes, do lots of online research, like on here, but take it with a massive pinch of salt. Take marketing information with an even bigger pinch of salt.
What's super important though is to visit the schools. Speak to real students outside of the earshot on sales staff. Try to talk to instructors/ operations too. Try to get a feel for what the school is really like.

Richard_
4th Mar 2024, 15:33
i dont have an issue with bartolini, i was just advising other schools in Poland where the training can be done in less time than bartolini and price wise aswell, could you state which school has an appalling reputation? I have had several friends whom attended the schools i stated and the positive feedback which i got was Adriana Aviation in which two close friends whom all finished training in less than 7 weeks ( summer intake 2022 ) whereas the two other friends at Bartolini were having issues being scheduled and plane availability etc and they finished their training in 4 months compared to the 12 weeks they were promised by the admin team and the last friend finished training at smart aviation in 11 weeks again he had to push for bookings and be proactive as well as factoring days of planes being in maintenance or bad weather, again each school has its issues and i agree to go visit each school and speak to former and current students by social network or ask the school.. at the end of the day the licence does not state which school a student studied, I do agree prior 2019 Bartolini was a very respected and a good training provider but it seems recently they have more students than instructor/booking availability etc..

flapsupboy
4th Mar 2024, 15:57
very true. instructor availability, and weather can change a lot of this. some get it done faster and others get unlucky with the weather, instructors or aircraft.

b737ftw
13th Mar 2024, 00:46
Is it difficult to get into the mentored course? Anyone who’s got in got any tips for preparing for the aptitude test & maths and physics day etc? With recent news from Ryanair regarding bonded type ratings for mentored students I wish to train at Bartolini after finishing my ATPL’s.

IESS
5th Apr 2024, 12:59
I confirm
Bartolini is not what it used to be
after Bartho left the staff cant manage to organize things anymore
ghosting emails, not answering calls
sad sad sad
fortunately there are good schools around in PL, quick, affordable and efficient
try in poznan or ventum air in warsaw

BoeingLudo737
5th Apr 2024, 17:16
I confirm
sad sad sad
fortunately there are good schools around in PL, quick, affordable and efficient

and you own which school?

IESS
5th Apr 2024, 18:05
None.
but i was a customer of many and spent years in education business
you on the other hand seem to be missing some basic education

n2sK
15th Apr 2024, 13:46
I confirm
sad sad sad
This must be one of the worst smear jobs I have ever seen.
Bravo!:D

BoeingLudo737
16th Apr 2024, 07:33
None.
but i was a customer of many and spent years in education business
you on the other hand seem to be missing some basic education

Your education seems poor. Ask for a refund as you didn't learn much during the course

African_TrouserSnake
17th Apr 2024, 13:34
It's surprising how fast people dismiss any critique as a smear campaign from other flight schools on this forum...
The feedback I've heard from former students about Bartolini describe the same issues: delays, lack of communication, and so forth.

Richard_
18th Apr 2024, 13:10
i can also agree on this, happy to advise those whom are interested in enrolling to speak to current students or visit the school

IESS
20th Apr 2024, 19:18
Your education seems poor. Ask for a refund as you didn't learn much during the course

i could say youre doing a pretty good job as a useful fool, besides doing it for free, coz i dont believe they pay you anything
unless this is Nuno in disguise 😏
then youre excused
mind that I give alternatives (plural) and am not shoving just one option like yourself

Im quite disappointed as to what this school turned into over the years, back then they still had their issues with availability, when still in those funny barracks.
im sure you dont even know what im talking about

ignorance is bliss, they say, until its too late 😏

LOWI
20th Apr 2024, 22:15
i could say youre doing a pretty good job as a useful fool, besides doing it for free, coz i dont believe they pay you anything
unless this is Nuno in disguise 😏
then youre excused
mind that I give alternatives (plural) and am not shoving just one option like yourself

Im quite disappointed as to what this school turned into over the years, back then they still had their issues with availability, when still in those funny barracks.
im sure you dont even know what im talking about

ignorance is bliss, they say, until its too late 😏

And here you are again on another thread trolling.
There is a logout button on this website - please use it and save whatever little reputation, if any, you have left.

IESS
22nd Apr 2024, 11:21
And here you are again on another thread trolling.
There is a logout button on this website - please use it and save whatever little reputation, if any, you have left.

all i see is you trolling throught the boards without any practical input
beware, here comes mr knowledge…
use the little peanut left in that skull of your and push that ignore button if it irritates you so much