PDA

View Full Version : Aeromexico Pilots drunk at SJO

mingocr83
15th Mar 2011, 02:36
Pilotos ebrios iban a volar avión con 101 pasajeros de San José a México - SUCESOS - La Nación (http://www.nacion.com/2011-03-14/ElPais/UltimaHora/ElPais2715160.aspx) (In Spanish)
Translation...

Aeromexico Flight crew tried to fly a plane carrying 101 passengers from Costa Rica to Mexico, the rest of the crew stopped them and reported the crew to airport authorities said the deputy director of Civil Aviation, Alvaro Vargas.

The official said the plane, a Boeing 737-700, was scheduled to leave Saturday afternoon from the Juan Santamaria Airport to the Federal District of Mexico, but the flight was delayed for almost 24 hours because the company had to send another crew.

"I believe that passengers were unaware of the flight delay. They were told something else" he added.

From Mexico, the airline confirmed that pilot's conditions "were not suitable for flying and that they were separated from their duties "at least until the end of the investigation.

On Monday it was reported that upon arrival on Saturday at the airport, the two pilots said they felt "dizzy, nauseous and had stomach pain, seven hours after having a party at the hotel."

A very serious situation happened again. According to a post of Aeromexico in FB, both pilots are separated...contacts in Mexico said both pilots are going to get sacked. Very sad!

411A
15th Mar 2011, 06:57
...contacts in Mexico said both pilots are going to get sacked. Very sad!

Sad?
Don't think so, if it is confirmed that said pilots showed up...three sheets to the wind.
Crew party?
Noooo problemo, however, sober up properly, prior to flight duties.

the two pilots said they felt "dizzy, nauseous and had stomach pain, seven hours after having a party at the hotel."

Of course, this could be a severe case of food poisoning, been known to happen...:rolleyes:
IF so...it should be reported accordingly.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
15th Mar 2011, 10:06
More idiots - will they never learn?

SLFguy
15th Mar 2011, 10:25
In before 6 pages of;

[x] "Idiots deserved the sacking"
[x] "Innocent until proven guilty"
[x] Stupid comparisons to Surgeons

kick the tires
15th Mar 2011, 11:18
Sad?
Don't think so, if it is confirmed that said pilots showed up...three sheets to the wind.
Crew party?

I dont think i've ever agreed with 411A but on this occasion...... I do!

They knew exactly what they were doing but they thought they'd get away with it.

No sympathy!

BOAC
15th Mar 2011, 11:19
Of course, this could be a severe case of food poisoning, been known to happen - since we are still on page 1, SLFguy :), I would add that most of us know that if 'both' (or one) are/is suffering from "a severe case of food poisoning" then it is also equally wrong to report for duty, so we can ignore that.

mingocr83
15th Mar 2011, 14:46
News today said that the Captain refused the alcohol test, F/O took the test and got 0.45mg/l of alcohol in blood...

Also Civil Aviation authorities are investigating the issue and coordinating with Mexican authorities to sanction the pilots accordingly...

411A...I meant with sad... the whole situation.. maybe the guys are alcoholic..chronic disease...but I do agree with you...if you get drunk...sober appropiately...rule of thumb after boozing heavily the previous night...

BOAC
15th Mar 2011, 14:49
rule of thumb after boozing heavily the previous night... - NB as reported this was the same day!

mingocr83
15th Mar 2011, 15:14
Hey BOAC,

Could be the case. AMX flights to SJO arrive very late during the night, around 11.30pm-12.00am before the last 1am NK flight from FLL. Then the cargo conga line starts.

Back on track, the AMX departure is at 7am next day... so the hangover had to be (very) alive by that time...

Escape Path
15th Mar 2011, 16:25
Funny, and some people in the "Alcohol testing of flight crew" thread thought alcohol tests before flight were not needed anymore :rolleyes:

Sad?
Crew party?

So now you agree with all this "nonsense" about fitness to fly after you basically said that we should learn to live with fatigue due to the financial matters of running an airline? :mad:

411A
15th Mar 2011, 17:22
...after you basically said that we should learn to live with fatigue due to the financial matters of running an airline?

Yes.
Fatigue is caused by being unable to rest properly.
Having a long winded crew party hardly qualifies as...proper rest.:ugh:

SloppyJoe
16th Mar 2011, 14:02
Were any of the cabin crew tested after this alleged crew party the night before? They are part of the flight crew responsible for safety also. When we have random tests in Australia I find it strange that all three of us at the front have to have a test whereas the cabin crew are asked if they can have a couple of volunteers to take the test.

Escape Path
16th Mar 2011, 18:24
I (and hopefully everyone else on this forum) understand the responsibility that rest upon us and no one in their right mind should put safety at jeopardy for some stupid drinks.

Quoting myself:
...after you basically said that we should learn to live with fatigue due to the financial matters of running an airline?

But this:
Yes.
Fatigue is caused by being unable to rest properly.

Is just utter rubbish. We all know what fatigue is :ugh:

hetfield
17th Mar 2011, 17:29
What about the two pilots and one hosty arriving yesterday from Puerto Vallarta at M.C. ?
:ugh: