PDA

View Full Version : Levels in N615

silverknapper
10th Mar 2011, 16:12
Hi

I frequently fly between INV and Northern England/Midlands.

Whenever I file FPL's for this I seem to have more success planning levels up to 245 than I do higher, particularly Northbound. However there are days, more often than not, when we are very light and getting to 290 would be good. I sometimes ask and ATC are always very accomodating where they can be. Thanks

Question is I assume there is a good reason for not being able to plan higher? If so am I being a pain asking for higher and just stay where I'm cleared? Would be good to know for future info.

Thanks

ayrprox
10th Mar 2011, 20:46
just brainstorming here but above 195/245 you then fly along un615 lakey-dcs-ngy. could be its a southbound route only, as thats the route flown by most scot tma deps and it would stick you nose to nose with all the departures, so possibly it is restricted?? i'm prepared to be contradicted by someone who knows better.Could also be flow restrictions on sector 29 if you are coming north from the midlands.It can get really busy at times, so you are capped out of that sector possibly.

121decimal375
11th Mar 2011, 09:09
It would be helful to know which Midlands airport you are flight planning from? Also general time of day helps to due to various level capping restrictions

This will enable us to give you a better answer