PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye BLUE

VBPCGUY
27th Feb 2011, 23:52
Virgin Blue to drop blue to attract more business | The Australian (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/virgin-blue-to-drop-blue-to-attract-more-business/story-e6frg996-1226013131176)

bowing
28th Feb 2011, 00:18
So Polynesian Blue as far as I know the Samoan Govt want to keep the Polynesian name......Virgin not having a bar of it.....hence the agreement extension for a couple of months only no longterm deal...

DJ738
28th Feb 2011, 01:16
So they haven't announced the new name as just "Virgin" - all they've said is that the word Virgin will be in the new name when it IS announced??

Ken Borough
28th Feb 2011, 02:06
This saga has been going on for so long. Perhaps the new name should be 'Vergin' on the Ridiculous'? :E

Worrals in the wilds
28th Feb 2011, 03:01
Or mabe they could change it to 'Experienced Airlines', they've been at it for a while now. In another decade the next rebranding could be as 'Trollop Airlines'. :}

Pedota
2nd Mar 2011, 04:13
Here's how Air Transport World is reporting the news . . . interesting, I didn't realize that the Virgin brand was in question (my bold/italics)

Virgin Blue to drop 'Blue' as part of rebranding

Air Transport World
By Geoffrey Thomas | March 2, 2011

Virgin Blue will drop the “Blue” from its brand name, opting instead for a streamlined brand more in line with its push to lure business customers. But the airline's boss, former Qantas Executive GM John Borghetti, has stopped short of dumping the Virgin brand completely as the airline tries to redefine its place in the local market.

The airline’s brand consultant, Hans Hulsbosch, told The Australian that while the Virgin brand would continue to anchor the airline, Blue would no longer be part of it. The rebranding strategy is also expected to bring to an end several Virgin brand extensions in the region, including Pacific Blue, Polynesian Blue and V Australia.

Research has found that as Virgin moved to capture the business-class market dominated by Qantas, its brand was being held back by perceptions among business travelers that it was purely a budget airline.

The fragmentation of the brand is due to a 2000 agreement between Virgin Atlantic and Singapore Airlines, which prevents the Virgin brand being used outside Australia by Virgin Blue. However, the new branding may get around this issue.

Going Boeing
2nd Mar 2011, 04:49
This rumour has been going around for a while now and appears to have some substance. It's a good fit with its "sister" airline, Virgin Atlantic and would also include the NZ & Polynesian operations rather than being just an Australian operator.

anawanahuanana
2nd Mar 2011, 10:34
My money is on Virgin Australia, but what do I know.......

piston broke again
7th Mar 2011, 22:44
Interesting the www.virginaustralia.com.au (http://www.virginaustralia.com.au) website has now been disabled from the 'bookmark business' that was previously showing...

VBPCGUY
8th Mar 2011, 03:35
Bye bye menu???

piston broke again
8th Mar 2011, 04:15
any more info on that VBPC?

VBPCGUY
8th Mar 2011, 07:11
Wait for tomorrow:ok:

Cactusjack
8th Mar 2011, 07:18
Maybe DJ are introducing the 'QF menu' ? An apple and water in a cup, or a cookie and water in a cup ??

dizzylizzy
8th Mar 2011, 07:20
Now that's a bit spesh.

1a sound asleep
8th Mar 2011, 07:29
Virgin Blue's FBOOK "If you are flying with us tomorrow, you'll be seeing more than just our new cabin crew uniforms on board...."

maccaj73
8th Mar 2011, 07:31
Love getting the Cookie thrown at me for my 'meal'!

Enjoy the premium service.........

slice
8th Mar 2011, 07:54
Well tommorrow has come! :confused:

Servo
8th Mar 2011, 08:43
It has.............. okaaaay :bored:

pistinaround
9th Mar 2011, 09:34
I wonder if the new look will invole aeroplanes with red tail ? Just like VA and Virgin Atlantic Australian airports are boring enough without the 2 main competetors looking the same.:zzz:

The Green Goblin
9th Mar 2011, 10:19
Why don't they just call the lot virgin airlines/airways and be done with it!

Worrals in the wilds
9th Mar 2011, 10:22
I wonder if the new look will invole aeroplanes with red tail ? Just like VA and Virgin Atlantic Australian airports are boring enough without the 2 main competetors looking the same.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/sleep.gif

I'd heard that rumour as well. Personally I would have thought a different colour scheme would be more iconic, but red tailed white A/C is da word on da ramp :hmm:...

anawanahuanana
10th Mar 2011, 03:32
I think we can expect to see a painfully boring mostly white colourscheme with not much to shout about. I like the V Oz scheme but don't think that will be the final choice. After all the hype, it can only be a letdown sadly.
Hope I'm wrong but don't think I am.......:sad:

Budgie Smuggler
10th Mar 2011, 06:52
Capture the business market? Oh yes, I just love it when I am seated next to Cheryl in her stretch lycra tights and hubby Bruce in his stubbies and thongs (with a bit of his scrotum visible) and some brain dead cabin manager who has his shirt open about half way down his chest and a few tatts proudly displayed. They then ask me to pay for a pseudo espresso coffee that is nothing more than one of those cheap coffee mixtures you can buy at Coles or Woolies!

Give me a break . . .

Worrals in the wilds
10th Mar 2011, 22:46
Capture the business market? Oh yes, I just love it when I am seated next to Cheryl in her stretch lycra tights and hubby Bruce in his stubbies and thongs (with a bit of his scrotum visible) and some brain dead cabin manager who has his shirt open about half way down his chest and a few tatts proudly displayed

Congratulations on describing the modern day Qantas Club so accurately :E.

GAFA
11th Mar 2011, 07:16
JB is on Sky Business at the moment saying the new name may not apply to all four brands. He did say it will apply to Virgin Blue and by the 30th of June it will not be known as Virgin Blue. He said the number of brands needs to be reduced but said there could be 3, 2 or 1 brands.

piston broke again
21st Mar 2011, 01:51
Any update on the rebranding / next delivery date? I understand YFC (first of the new sky interiors) is still in Seattle and has apparently has been painted - as to whether it's all white I don't know...