PDA

View Full Version : Will canadian pilot licenses be recognized in Europe and Jaa in Canada?

flying free.LEVC
27th Feb 2011, 20:04
Comprehensive economic and trade agreement

At the EU-Canada Summit on May 6, 2009 (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/templatedata/pages-pages/generic-generique/data/bilateral_relations_bilaterales/2009_05_06_summit-sommet) in Prague, Canadian and EU Leaders announced the launch of negotiations towards concluding a Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) between Canada and the EU. According to the Canada-EU joint study (http://www.international.gc.ca/trade-agreements-accords-commerciaux/assets/pdfs/EU-CanadaJointStudy-en.pdf), liberalizing trade in goods and services could bring a potential 20% boost to bilateral trade and GDP gains of up to $12 billion (or €8.2 billion) for Canada by 2014.
Canada and the EU negotiators have adopted an ambitious negotiating pace with a view to concluding negotiations in 2011 as envisaged by Leaders at the 2009 EU-Canada Summit. The negotiating teams have established a collaborative and constructive working environment. By the end of Janaury of 2011, six negotiating rounds will have taken place. The next negotiating round is scheduled for April 2011 (Ottawa).
At the May 2010 EU-Canada Summit in Brussels, leaders reviewed the progress made on the negotiations and re-affirmed their desire to conclude negotiations in 2011.

Trade Negotiations and Agreements (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/eu-ue/policies-politiques/trade_agreements-accords_commerciaux.aspx?lang=eng)

There could be some changes on the way if the Canada- European free trade agreement is reached in the next few years.

Who knows maybe the Canadian pilot licenses will be recognized in Europe and the JAA here in Canada, consequently the floy or labour between the two could open up.

:D

What do you think about this? have you heard about it recently?

fsfaludi
23rd Mar 2011, 13:53
just a quick reply... based on an email someone from TC sent to me concerning this same mater... negotiations have broken down and are not expected to resume anytime soon. (I want to go to Europe to fly for example without having to do these ridiculous 14 written exams as I do have both Canadian and U.S. ATPL and 7000+ hours)

clunckdriver
23rd Mar 2011, 14:31
Having held the following, Canadian ATPL/ Brit ATPL/Oz ATPL/NZ ATPL/ US ATPL/and various ME and African ATPL I can only hope that we have nothing to do with any of them! A total waste of time, constructing maps given a point of origin, calculating Geostrophic winds , Performance A, and God knows what all, the best one was a certain African ATPL, just had to hand over enough cash and you had it! What needs to happen is an exam system which reflects the real world, not as seen by some ex RAF Navigator turned civil servant take on what a pilot should know. Boy I feel much better now! There is a story out there about an ex military pilot being told that he just had to know this stuff to fly SLF or he would never make it in the civil world, at the time he was flying the Royal familly around the world in a military aircraft, go figure!

737-NG
23rd Mar 2011, 16:29
I think JAA or more exactly EASA will make it even more expensive to convert from FAA but converting from TC to JAA will still be ok. Kinda dumb when you think that converting an FAA ticket to a TC one only takes a single exam and no flight test anyway.