PDA

View Full Version : East Anglian Air Ambulance temporarily grounded/Longmint status

Pages : 1 2 [3]

18th Jul 2011, 15:45
Clado: you are asking too much of an engineer. Get real.:suspect:

Whirlygig
26th Jul 2011, 18:41
Longmint Aviation Ltd winding-up petition to be heard tomorrow at the Royal Court of Justice, Court 58, 7th Floor, Thomas More Building not before 11.00 if anyone fancies popping along.

Cheers

Whirls

A.Agincourt
26th Jul 2011, 20:05
Whirls-do you mean LMA or Sterling. LMA involves essentially the whole group. If that is indeed the case then BBC it seems are no more. Does this also mean Fast is on the line? They are also part of LMA are they not?

Best Wishes

ExMAGE
26th Jul 2011, 20:55
There was a mass transfer of aircraft to Alan Mann Aviation Group a little while ago. Was this a consolidation or were they trying to protect themselves if LMA went under. Looking at G-INFO LMA don't have any aircraft, FAST have one, G-HHOG:yuk:, Streling have a few and AMAG have the rest.

So is LMA just a shell being allowed fold with large debt and BBCC let off to carry on as before?

I thought there were still court cases outstanding against Sterling and MAGE.

Cheers

EM

Whirlygig
26th Jul 2011, 21:03
Ace, the courtserve website states Longmint Aviation Ltd ....

CourtServe Information Centre (http://www.courtserve2.net/courtlists/current/rcj/indexrcj.htm)

Download Company Court Winding UP for the 27th .... these can only be preliminaries as I can't imagine one court can get through that lot in half an hour.

Transferring assets to another group company without due consideration would/should be considered fraudulent.

However, as in the case of Connaught plc, it is possible for the parent company to be put In Administration whilst the subsidiary companies can carry on. However, it is unusual.

Cheers

Whirls

vfr440
27th Jul 2011, 07:08
Thx Whirls
All very convoluted, but all to be revealed in due course, I hope - for everybody's sake. What a mess :sad: - VFR

A.Agincourt
27th Jul 2011, 07:09
Whirls - I note that Sterling are at NB 1030 [1850/2011] and Longmint Aviation NB 1100 [5021/2011] seems like a busy day for them but getting it all done in a day should save a few pennies in going to and fro. Sort of a 'One Stop Shop' :)

Best Wishes

Ace

bladegrabber
27th Jul 2011, 09:24
Anyone know whats happened to all the good people at sterling ?

Havent heard from RB for a while so presume their all redundant now?

BG

Ye Olde Pilot
27th Jul 2011, 10:43
A friend was talking to a staff member a few days ago.
The story inside the building at Gambling Close is they
reckon they will not be there in six weeks time.

The source said that Sterling had been "asset stripped".

Whirlygig
27th Jul 2011, 12:22
There's a few of them hanging in there in order to be made officially redundant whereby they can claim from the Government coffers.

Asset stripped isn't the word .... engines missing and all looking very forlorn. The place doesn't even smell right anymore.

Glad I had the chance to rescue my mug ...

Ace, missed the Sterling one but I knew it was probably in there somewhere! Sort of a 'One Stop Shop'Quite witty ... you do have a sense of humour then. :D :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

A.Agincourt
27th Jul 2011, 13:39
Glad I had the chance to rescue my mug ... Must have been a pretty expensive job then?
Ace, missed the Sterling one but I knew it was probably in there somewhere! I take it that you have not missed the liquidation of Newick Park then?Quote:
Sort of a 'One Stop Shop'
Quite witty ... you do have a sense of humour then. :D http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gifMoments of clarity but not often repeated.

Best Wishes

Independent Observer
27th Jul 2011, 14:48
Does any-one know what is happening with FAST, then? I'm surprised that no one there has put their head above the parapet, 'head in the sand and it'll all go away', perhaps? Aircraft might have gone, but they still have staff and premises (for the time being).

firebird_uk
27th Jul 2011, 15:07
I take it that you have not missed the liquidation of Newick Park then?

I took 4 clients there yesterday for a very pleasant afternoon tea. All seemed normal. Has this happened today?

Ye Olde Pilot
27th Jul 2011, 22:24
I think you'll find Newick Park Ltd is a separate company.

A.Agincourt
28th Jul 2011, 09:37
Ye Olde Pilot: Yes we realise that but the owners are the same - or were.

Best Wishes

helihub
29th Jul 2011, 05:40
Most of the Longmint companies seem to have filed a notice with Companies House to change the latest financial year close date from 31-Oct-10 back to 30-Sep-10 - having changed it from 30-Apr-10 early this year. Rearranging the deckchairs on Titanic?

In other news, three 206s owned by Toby Blackwell Ltd (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=60&pagetype=65&appid=1&mode=summary&owner=toby%20blackwell) (and previously op by Sterling) have been moved from Norwich to Rotorspan at Droitwich for resale, with OAMG being prepared for a future in Sweden.

Whirlygig
29th Jul 2011, 06:46
31-Oct-10 back to 30-Sep-10 - having changed it from 30-Apr-10 early this year.And when the wallahs at Companies House have picked themselves up off the floor from laughing .... the application will be denied. You can't change financial year ends more than once in a three year period. I'm surprised Longmint's Company Secretary doesn't know that. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Whirls

cladosporangium
29th Jul 2011, 09:26
Whirls, you're surprised that Longmint don't know how to run a company?

Oh, wait a minute......

Irony? Yes?

Coriolis
29th Jul 2011, 09:36
I'm surprised nobody has posted this, as the headline is public domain information....

Sterling Helicopters Ltd was wound up on 27 July.

The arrival of the receiver at Hangar 14 is expected within the hour.

Salaries for May were not paid in full or on time, and no employee had pay for Jun, and obviously won't now get any for July either. So much for loyalty and reward.

The moral of this story: When you're told on payday it's a temporary situation and it will soon be sorted, heading towards a bright future, think long and hard before giving the benefit of the doubt, because there are people in this world who care not a jot for anything but lining their own pockets at others' expense.
Let us hope justice prevails, but as someone said, hoping for the best is not the best strategy for success.

We await the outcome of the other pending/adjourned court cases with mild interest, and recommend all still associated with those responsible keep a very close watch on their 6 o'clock.

Whirlygig
29th Jul 2011, 13:14
When said liquidator arrives, he or she should be pointed in the direction of the "shenanigans" that have occurred i.e. where the missing assets are, for how much they were transferred or for how much the debt was, and why.

Cheers

Whirls

A.Agincourt
29th Jul 2011, 13:53
Whirls - not to mention the profit made by the company but which ended up in the coffers of LMA not Sterling. I wonder if the pension pots survive?

Best Wishes

Whirlygig
29th Jul 2011, 14:20
not to mention the profit made by the company but which ended up in the coffers of LMA not SterlingFrom a business and legal point of view that's acceptable ... they're called dividends and if a company has made shedloads of money, it's not unreasonable that the company's owners should benefit from that.

However ... it is illegal to pay dividends if the company is making a loss after tax or if, by paying those dividends, the company turns a profit into a loss.

It would also be likely considered to be, at best, wrongful trading and at worst, fraudulent trading if dividends are paid (even if making a profit) when the company claims to have no cash to pay employees or suppliers.

Cheers

Whirls

Rigga
4th Aug 2011, 15:12
Almost a week and no update as to what's happening or even if the Liquidators are in yet?

Does anyone know what's happening now?

Sterling E-mail seems to be closed down too. (or changed?)

Rigga
4th Aug 2011, 20:20
Choriolis and Loudone, Thanks for the replies.

Is it time to close this thread and start another one about why this calamity has happened and speculate/alledge as loud as possible how BBCC were able to do it - and make money from their apparently legal Scam of running a company into the ground and being the biggest Debtor of their own bankrupcy case.

2bart
4th Aug 2011, 21:33
Memories of the fun and tears, trials and tribulations over the years with the characters that came and went.

Welcome to the Frontpage (http://www.flysterling.com/)

Matt Howard may the force be with you.

Onwards and upwards, fly high, fly far.

2B

twelveoclockhigh
5th Aug 2011, 11:39
When it says

"Matt Howard of PKF (UK) LLP was appointed Liquidator of Sterling Helicopters Limited on 29 July 2011 by the Secretary of State"

Which Secretary of State would that be?

twelveoclockhigh
5th Aug 2011, 18:49
Jobs losses at Norwich-based Sterling Helicopter as firm is wound up - Business - Eastern Daily Press (http://www.edp24.co.uk/business/jobs_losses_at_norwich_based_sterling_helicopter_as_firm_is_ wound_up_1_986367)

nightowl59
5th Aug 2011, 19:49
According to Companies House today Sterling Helicopters are still "active"; who do they think they are kidding? :mad:

A.Agincourt
5th Aug 2011, 20:06
It is a crying shame but the fact is that even if someone did jump in at the last moment, there would be insufficient revenue income in the short term. Any 'savior' would probably have to have the will to lay out substantial funds without return for some time to come. I note a number of inaccuracies [as usual] in the article.

Best Wishes

ExMAGE
9th Aug 2011, 11:23
Sad to see Streling finally go, I hope that those left find something soon.
So where is this going for BBCC, Is the MAGE vs Longmint case over yet?

How are FAST going, I hear they are busy but wonder whether they will be swept away with this mess.

EM

Sliding Doors
9th Aug 2011, 12:43
How are FAST going, I hear they are busy but wonder whether they will be swept away with this mess

That busy that one FI has jumped to Heliair at Denham, and isn't being replaced.

ec155mech
9th Aug 2011, 14:01
there is a new instructor at Fast, so I dont know where you heard this..

Sliding Doors
9th Aug 2011, 14:23
Well, AY has moved on.

A new, full time, salaried FI?

Or are you referring to an owner/FI whom they've been using (infrequently) for some time?

My apologies Ec155mech, it appears (as is the fluid nature of this industry) that my original sources information was indeed out of date.

ec155mech
9th Aug 2011, 15:28
there is a new full time FI there.

g-mady
12th Aug 2011, 11:34
EAAA's new ec135 looks very good. Glad to see things are almost back to normal and perhaps with an improved aircraft...

Now they just need to change the other red 105 :cool:

MADY

http://www.ukemergencyaviation.co.uk/user/cimage/G-CGXK-004.jpg

Brilliant Stuff
12th Aug 2011, 19:20
Good to see that fine training captain in the left hand seat, cracking lad and a Gent! Tipping one's cap.

g-mady
12th Aug 2011, 19:38
Does anyone know why G-SPHU was also marked "EAAA" logos earlier in the year? They have been using 2 105s since the takeover have they not?

MADY

helihub
12th Aug 2011, 21:55
MADY

I think the story was this - mid April was the time. One of the two 105s with EAAA was needed at Filton as a maintenance spare while their G-NDAA was at Staverton. Contract presumably allows a type-for-type fill-in only.

Thus EAAA were one down and EC135 G-SPHU was the only spare aircraft Bond had to use for fill-in, as the EAAA agreement was very temporary and they could basically fill in with whatever they wanted. The fact that it would show EAAA what an EC135 was like won't be missed on you or others ;) but it was not permanently available as it's the fill-in for EC135 contracts

The "new" G-CGXK photo'd above is much longer-term as Bond have leased it in from ADAC in Germany. It's actually an old T1 and the 44th off the line, which recently passed the 1000 mark. Hence all the patchy yellow where those big ADAC titles have been covered over, etc

Ye Olde Pilot
13th Aug 2011, 08:24
According to a story this am in the Eastern Daily Press there will be no buyer for Sterling.

Liquidator Mr Howard said that debt and financing arrangements for the aircraft made it unlikely a buyer would be easily found - though other assets were attracting possible buyers.

“There’s been quite a lot of genuine interest,” Mr Howard said.

“The hangar and the offices have proved very interesting to people and there are lots of lines of inquiry. It was a purpose built premises that’s ready to go.

“As regards the aircraft, I doubt that we’ll be able able to sell those easily, if at all. But all of the associated kit and equipment has also attracted quite a bit of interest.

“It won’t be a turn-key sale - you won’t get someone suddenly flying aircraft next week - it will be a break-up.”
Liquidator (http://www.edp24.co.uk/business/liquidator_encouraged_by_interest_in_sterling_helicopters_as sets_1_992588)

g-mady
13th Aug 2011, 09:31
Thanks for that Helihub.
Yes I noticed the different shades of yellow. I have a feeling one the "old" 117s was an ex ADAC machiene too.

I assumed G-SPHU must have been cover. I cant imagine it will be long before the other 105 is replaced too? As the aircraft are only leased anyway... Unless they feel a good deal is on the cards for a 117?

MADY

colinhunn
21st Aug 2011, 10:21
Has anybody "in the know" heard who may be interested in taking over the ex-Sterling hangar at NWI?

MTIA

Colin

fluffy853
21st Aug 2011, 19:26
So any thoughts on the courts verdict, that was handed out on friday in Gama's favour?

Coriolis
25th Aug 2011, 09:19
Does this link provide any food for thought? Perhaps the last half-dozen paragraphs?

Mann Aviation Group (Engineering) Ltd v Longmint Aviation Ltd & Anor [2011] EWHC 2238 (Ch) (19 August 2011) (http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2011/2238.html)

vfr440
25th Aug 2011, 09:59
C
Paras 60-66 are an enlightening read on how business is conducted, on occasion, late in the evening in the Surrey countryside................ :E You couldn't make this up, could you - what does Whirls make of the situation? :confused:

VFR

A.Agincourt
25th Aug 2011, 12:06
T'would seem that Napoleon was trashed at Waterloo. :D

Best Wishes

Chopper Doc
25th Aug 2011, 12:30
Makes for shocking reading. BBC really are a bunch of unprincipled ****s that deserve everything that is coming their way.
The business about evicting the security guard who had every right to be there beggars belief. I hope she is suing them for assault.

Whirlygig
25th Aug 2011, 13:16
Just had a quick read of the salient paragraphs but it looks like a document to be read with my feet up and a glass of fine Chablis!

I reckon there must be enough evidence there for the Administrators to prove fraudulent trading - let's hope they decide to go for it!

Cheers

Whirls

ExMAGE
25th Aug 2011, 13:43
Whirls, almost worthy of a John Grisham book Some of the goings on are unbelievable, the image of LC dragging a security guard is priceless. It also makes those emails from NC seem laughable, the report calls BH an honest witness and is not so complimentary of LC etc.

Great news for MAGE, how does this affect the remainder of the longmint companies.

Let's hope someone wants to take this further. Wouldn't it be shame to see BBCC evicted from Isfield.

Enjoy the Chablis

EM

A.Agincourt
25th Aug 2011, 17:54
The link provides some excellent reading and what makes it even more enjoyable is a nice fine Red Wine -whaddayareckon whirls?:) However, on a sober note, the paragraphs that refer to sums of loot [2.5 mil - pension fund??!!!!] which I think is the topic for the next round of legal jousting, begs the question 'where is it'? I reckon that the despots have sequestered it and it is since long gone. Perhaps Napoleon was trying to adjust the books so it showed that they [LMAG] were owed that sum by MAGE. I smell a rat and that rat has already been scalded.........the next episode should prove very entertaining. Those in the know [:}] have long suspected that there has been a transfer of monies/revenue/property between companies in the group in order to possibly evade such actions that now transpire. The methods of an asset stripper no doubt. However, there was always the chance that a paranoid Napoleonic character would cock it all up due to poor timing. Time will tell and those who deserve will be dealt with one way or another.

Better than corrie eh?

Best Wishes

twelveoclockhigh
26th Aug 2011, 14:04
According to the CAA's list of suspended organisations Alan Mann Helicopters has had its Part G suspended this week.

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/1204/20110826AAndAApprovedOrganisationsSuspended.pdf

vfr440
26th Aug 2011, 18:04
12 o'clock,
Minor correction, AMH have had their Part M (Airworthiness) suspended. AMH as such never had a Part G approval, that was vested in the MAGE 'mess' in Building A17. It seems MAGE still have their Sub-part J and sub-part G (EASA Design & Manufacturing approvals respectively) still in place but I note further down the list that they have lost their DAI (CAA design) approval.

So maybe the whole issue is academic anyway? Ship is on the rocks of despair it seems to me - VFR

wigglyamp
28th Aug 2011, 15:08
The 'MAGE mess in A17' is not as bad as VFR440 would suggest. MAGE is actively trading under Gama's control and winning new work. In just a few weeks the new Gama company will be fully in place and MAGE will disappear.

vfr440
28th Aug 2011, 17:25
W'Amp
You don't know how VERY pleased I am to hear this and to be corrected. Hopefully some sort of normality will return to the Fairoaks debacle and we can move forward :ok: - VFR

Coriolis
7th Sep 2011, 20:28
Back to Longmint status.....

Grapevine suggests court case winding up petition HMRC vs Longmint Group adjourned until 28 Nov.... wonder what the excuse was this time?

A.Agincourt
7th Sep 2011, 22:33
One can only hope that the reason is to allow further time to unravel all the shady dealings and book keeping failures. Or perhaps something has come to light that warrants different action.

Independent Observer
8th Sep 2011, 15:24
AA - or perhaps another ENRON situation, giving them time to cover their tracks?

TOTM2U
8th Sep 2011, 19:41
Credit where credit is due ( no pun intended), they have finally found something they are successful at.That must be about 12 different adjournments throughout this debacle !

It takes less time to do a thing right, than it does to explain why you did it wrong.

TOTM2U

Flingingwings
8th Sep 2011, 20:07
Credit where credit is due ( no pun intended), they have finally found something they are successful at

Two things they're successful at...................

They're also masters at ruining companies and creating huge debts :E

ExMAGE
9th Sep 2011, 09:12
One could argue that they are quite successful, so far. They must know what they are doing to drive around in Aston Martins and live in that mansion in Isfield. They just don't care about any one else.So whats left? Sterling and MAGE are gone. Are AMH and FAST Helicopters next?Whatever happened to the Alan Mann Aviation Group? They seem experts in moving assests around. You must wonder whether the latest adjourment is another delaying tatic to keep ahead of the courts; that said I wouldn't want to mess with the HMRC.

wigglyamp
9th Sep 2011, 21:01
"So whats left? Sterling and MAGE are gone...."

But at least Gama have rescued the remnents of MAGE. Gama Engineering Ltd (GEL) will be fully trading with it's new 21G, Part M and 145 in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, Gama keep MAGE in business and the staff paid until CAA complete process of granting the new approvals. Lees Avionics moved to Fairoaks today and will become GEL on Monday and bring with it a current Part 21J. It looks like Fairoaks will sonn be prospering again!

exdesigner
9th Sep 2011, 21:08
its great to see MAGE being given a chance to escape the clutches of the BBCC idiots. A real shame they ever found their way into aviation and sooner we are all rid of them the better. They are not good for the Alan Mann Group or any other company they have come into contact with. Look at our poor collegues at Sterling, they have had to pay the ultimate price. I feel really sorry for JH and his crew that had supported him for so long. Things at (very soon ex MAGE) are moving at a great pace and the new owners are a breath of fresh air and give all of the survivors there something to look forward to and believe in. Lets hope we see the back of Longmint very soon.

A.Agincourt
10th Sep 2011, 17:36
ExDesigner: an excellent post and one which all involved may find themselves in agreement with.I am pleased that all has worked out well in this case. Its all about people in the end. Something that escapes the Fxxkwits completely and which started their demise. Hopefully it will see them off. This is one blow against severe arrogance.

ExMAGE
22nd Sep 2011, 11:43
Sad but not surprised to see this in the latest ORS 2. The Type B Operating Licence held by Alan Mann Helicopters Limited has been suspended with effect from 31 August 2011. Cant be anything left for BBCC at Fairoaks now.

chcoffshore
22nd Sep 2011, 12:06
Just out of interest when is the EAAA tender due to be announced?

theloudone
22nd Sep 2011, 18:21
Bond should have a good idea of that!:)

wigglyamp
13th Oct 2011, 03:16
Does anyone know the result of the latest winding-up case between Longmint Aviation and RBS that was due to be heard earlier this week over the lease of the Fairoaks hangars? Did BBCC manage another deferment?

fluffy853
16th Oct 2011, 18:06
I heard that they never turned up. But how true that is i dont know.
They (AMAG) have vacated their premises at fairoaks and made staff redundant.

A.Agincourt
17th Oct 2011, 17:00
Also heard a rumour that Fast at Thruxton might be on the decline or rather pushed by BBC

vfr440
17th Oct 2011, 17:03
Confirmed posts 527/528 as i hear, too. Probably best, now we can get on with GAMA in control? :hmm: - VFR

rufus.t.firefly
17th Oct 2011, 17:07
On another aviation website ..... I think it intimates the auditing company have resigned from the job !:uhoh:

Bythesea
26th Oct 2011, 14:57
I have been a customer at Fast Helicopters since 1999, and was informed by them last week that the operation is to close at Thruxton on the 11th November. Very sad but not surprising as it has been in steady decline for the last two years. It was once a thriving company. :(

A.Agincourt
27th Oct 2011, 15:03
Bythesea: the operation is to close at Thruxton on the 11th November. Very sad but not surprising as it has been in steady decline for the last two years. It was once a thriving company

Very sad indeed, as it always is when once thriving companies flounder. However, though they might have been perceived to be in decline the two year point - coincidentaly - is about the time a number of other, "once thriving companies" - in the same group - started to falter. Let me see.........round about the time BBC started fidling with them.

Hmmmm....can't be many aviation orientated companies left in the group now. :mad:

Big Bucks Bernie
29th Oct 2011, 10:07
Found the first ad for G-RESC here (http://www.axiomav.com/1996bk1177504.1.html).

hands_on123
29th Oct 2011, 10:38
What's happening to Fast at Shoreham?

And... does anyone know what's happening at Alan Mann? Are they stil going?

Where did all the money go??

A.Agincourt
29th Oct 2011, 13:40
hands_on123: What's happening to Fast at Shoreham?Dunno.
And... does anyone know what's happening at Alan Mann? Are they stil going?Which one? I think you will have to be a bit more specific.
ALAN MANN LIMITED Dissolved
ALAN MANN AVIATION GROUP LIMITED
ALAN MANN HELICOPTERS LIMITED
MANN AVIATION GROUP (ENGINEERING) LIMITED [GAMA]
MANN AVIATION LIMITED

If you read earlier posts then there is an answer for you.

Where did all the money go??
Your guess is as good as anyone's but perhaps LMA made loans to other non group companies [they have a lot] that have not yet been repaid. I'm sure we will find out eventually.

Best Wishes

hands_on123
29th Oct 2011, 13:56
Err, I mean Alan Mann - the charter/training side of things.

A.Agincourt
29th Oct 2011, 16:44
hands_on123: Err, I mean Alan Mann - the charter/training side of things.

Though I cannot find any formal notice regarding that entity the following has been published and since Longmint Aviation are the parent of AM and the fact that Fast at Thruxton are in demise soon to disappear, it seems to me that BBC are indeed on the down slope rapidly. Even the relevant web site for AM has been pulled deliberately and references on Fasts site removed.

Date: 24 October 2011 Publication Date: Monday, 24 October 2011
Notice Code: 2452
Winding-Up Orders
LONGMINT AVIATION LIMITED
(Company Number 3169347)
Address of Registered Office: HANGAR 4, SHOREHAM AIRPORT, SHOREHAM-BY-SEA, WEST SUSSEX, BN43 5FF .

In the High Court Of Justice No 005021 of 2011
Date of Filing Petition: 9 June 2011.
Date of Winding-up Order: 10 October 2011.

Official Receiver: R Peck 69 Middle Street, BRIGHTON, BN1 1BE, telephone: 01273 861300, email: [email protected]

Liquidator10 October 2011.

(1461472)

I'd suggest to you that it would be wise to give all with any connection to the group a wide berth.

Best Wishes

wigglyamp
29th Oct 2011, 18:51
Alan Mann Helicopters at Fairoaks has closed. The staff have all gone and the offices emptied. Very sad.

Sprogget
29th Oct 2011, 20:13
Longmint aviation have gone into receivership. Tenants trading from Fast's building in Shoreham were given a memo last week asking them to continue paying rent to Fast based on the claim that Fast have a 'secure tenancy' on the building.

hands_on123
29th Oct 2011, 21:23
Can someone explain to me why Longmint bought TAMS, Stirling, Alan Mann and Fast? Was it to asset strip them and let them fold? Did Longmint actually make any money from these companies?

Sprogget
29th Oct 2011, 21:48
Far be it for me to make judgments, but I would advise you to look at the director's business record and draw your own conclusions. Nice Aston Martin too.

flyingscotty
29th Oct 2011, 21:50
Other schools at Goodwood & Redhill should see there student numbers increase, as who would want to spend money with an organisation as poorly operated as this rabble.................

Sprogget
29th Oct 2011, 22:09
who would want to spend money with an organisation as poorly operated as this rabble................. For the record, there is a difference between the staff working day in, day out at Fast & the ultimate owners of the enterprise.

Whirlygig
29th Oct 2011, 22:40
Was it to asset strip them and let them fold? One struggles to believe that it was just incomptency :rolleyes:

Cheers

Whirls

PS - Good to see you here Sprogget :ok:

A.Agincourt
30th Oct 2011, 09:09
hands_on123 (http://www.pprune.org/members/94616-hands_on123)

Was it to asset strip them and let them fold? Given their past history [as already mentioned] and the apparent lack of management ability [with a clear attitude of disdain for such matters] I'd agree with Whirls. However, I do not think that they intended for matters to unravel in precisely the way that they have.

Best Wishes

Danscowpie
5th Dec 2011, 19:16
Liquidator agrees sale of Sterling helicopter hangar - Business - Eastern Daily Press (http://www.edp24.co.uk/business/liquidator_agrees_sale_of_sterling_helicopter_hangar_1_11443 71)

Well that's the end of that then. Sterling were worth nothing once Gerry left and Longmint got their snouts in the trough.
Lets hope that all the good guys and gals can, or have got back up on their feet (there are a few who dont deserve the time of day).

Ye Olde Pilot
7th Dec 2011, 00:08
Yes Bond's have the hangar, a 7 year contract and Gerry is still there with the Air Ambulance.

A good result all around I think you'll agree.

Stability has returned with the asset strippers out of sight.

Rigga
7th Dec 2011, 19:36
Can we try to unravel their despicable actions now? - to try and learn from the terrible foursome.

Or are there some legal reasons why we can't discuss their tactics...still?

lowfat
7th Dec 2011, 19:44
I belive there is a further case in the next week or 2 regarding Longmint Aviation Group.. Its another winding up I think .
That may be the final extraction of the dispicable team from aviation alltogether.... or is there more?

Coriolis
7th Dec 2011, 20:31
Rigga (@20.36)

I can't imagine any reasonable person could have very much to learn from BBCC or their immediate associates - unless you count arrogant self-interest and how to destroy fine organisations, along with (allegedly) fraudulent activities as skills worth learning.

My personal hope is that the aviation industry has their cards firmly marked such that none of them will ever get their faces through the door of any decent company in future, and that justice will take its course and debt repayments are made - there's no possibility that there will be any admissions of wrongdoing....

The last information I had regarding LAG vs HMRC windup slated for 28 Nov had been adjourned for another 3 months - so it won't be quick or clean.

chevvron
8th Dec 2011, 09:59
I'm sittng looking at the 'old' Alan Mann hangars at Fairoaks; all reference to Alan Mann Engineering and Alan Mann Helicopters has been painted over (happened last week); presumably new signwriting will appear soon. Fixed wing aircraft are starting to be parked on what was AMH's parking area, due to an increase in larger fixed wing types (PC12/Be200) using the airfield..

Rigga
8th Dec 2011, 20:02
Coriolis - How are you mate?

It's not about the individuals but their methods used to destroy a really nice facility that should have lasted way past our retirements (even extended as they are now)

What were the "marks" of what they did and how could we recognise them in future "episodes" of future asset strippers?

This Scam worked. And I believe someone will try this again - possibly even under guidance....

So - just like any flight incident or accident I have ever heard of - I want to know HOW it happened - to recognise how we might prevent it next time.

wigglyamp
8th Dec 2011, 20:23
I think the new signage on the front of the hangar may have to wait although there seems to be plenty of Gama signs on the public side. Looks like they're there to stay!

hunter 10
13th Dec 2011, 17:24
Longmint Group was wound up in The Royal Courts Of Justice yesterday, however the rumours indicate that Skydrift and Fast Helicopters were removed from The Longmint Group prior to the winding up.

Qualityman
28th Jan 2012, 16:41
oooops they did it again..........
Hello All,

Firstly any opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Administrators, the management or other staff of FAST.

I am Paul Curtis the Operations Manager of FAST Helicopters, and can confirm that the company went into Administration on Tuesday 24th January, Price Waterhouse Cooper have been appointed as Joint Administrators at the request of HSBC.

There are very mixed emotions at FAST at the moment, as anyone familiar with recent history will no doubt appreciate, most of the staff have expressed a certain relief to no longer being associated with the previous owners, however there is also an amount of uncertainty whilst potential new owners are sought.

The Administrators appear very positive and started sending out information packs to interested parties on Friday afternoon, and once a small issue of technicalities with Insurance is ironed out on Monday morning, it will be business as usual at Shoreham.

I would like to thank everyone who has been in the know for the last four days for their discretion and support, particularly the CAA and Haywards Aviation, but most especially the students who have been very patient during the turmoil this week, our aircraft owners and customers who have all been incredibly understanding and supportive. I also hope that we can call upon their and your support in the coming weeks.

Many thanks to you all, and here's to a bright and prosperous future!

Paul.

Qualityman
3rd Feb 2012, 10:05
Hello All,

Paul here again, but not so wordy as last time.

The Administrators have been unable to find a buyer / investor for FAST in the time they allowed and have decided to dissolve the company.

We have all been made redundant as of today (one or two exceptions to help clear up).

Yet another casualty of the great BBCC foul up, and they walk away scott free and cashing in loads of solicitor fees.

Let the BBCC bashing begin.

:ugh:

Independent Observer
3rd Feb 2012, 13:22
So sorry to hear this, but methinks that anything that has had BBC attached to it will have been considered toxic out there in aviation-land. FAST had a fine reputation and I have had some good contacts there in the past.

Looks like BBCC have struck again. When will the investigating bodies pull their fingers out and put these very dis-honourable people where they belong, serving at Her Majesty's pleasure?

Cylinder Head
3rd Feb 2012, 15:43
Hear Hear Independent Observer. Time for the regulators to earn their fees and act - be they financial or aviation industry. I thought company directors (even quasi directors) ought to be fit & proper persons!

tony 1969
3rd Feb 2012, 18:05
I second the two above posts,
It beggars belief how they keep getting away with it (and also how they sleep at night) :ugh:

twelveoclockhigh
3rd Feb 2012, 18:32
(and also how they sleep at night)

Presumably like a baby on a big pile of money!

A.Agincourt
3rd Feb 2012, 19:24
Sad as it may be, the writing was on the wall for all to see a number of years ago. Leopards do not change their spots. There is/was a wealth of information about this bunch of sociopaths on the net. Given all that has transpired since the downfall of Sterling, I am mildly surprised that anyone thought or may have done, that Fast would survive. So that only leaves Skydrift - well what there is of it Any bets on how long they last?

Best Wishes

wigglyamp
3rd Feb 2012, 21:54
Very sorry for the staff at Fast although unfortunately not unexpected.
Since Gama took over from the disaster left behind by Longmint at Fairoaks, work is on the increase and confidence is growing for a successful future. Any Fast customers needing turbine Heli maintenance would be most welcome. Gama are also looking for experienced fixed wing and rotary engineers if there were any still employed at Shoreham when the doors closed. Best to give Harry Lees a call.

tony 1969
19th Apr 2012, 18:31
......leafing idly through a magazine I came across this
Savills UK | Nr Lewes, East Sussex | Property for sale (http://residentialsearch.savills.co.uk/property-detail/305422/list)

Must be hard up

A.Agincourt
19th Apr 2012, 19:04
9.5* not bad considering bought for half that, still in today's market not a bad deal when you consider the pile of crap some pay near that price for. I imagine they are seriously in need of loot given all the various actions against them. Still, they have been here before and managed to scam their way up only this time I think their notoriety will inhibit fruit fall. :mad:

Just noticed this Challinor & Ors v Juliet Bellis & Co (A Firm) [2011] EWHC 3249 (Ch) (09 December 2011) (http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2011/3249.html) which makes for a boring read but does provide a considerable pointer to the background of some issues. It's clear they have been scamming money for some considerable time. :} Now it all begins to unravel. So it seems that there is a court case in prospect to recover the money blagged a number of years ago - hence sale of their ill gotten pile. Serve em right.

chevvron
19th Apr 2012, 22:31
Er what's the relevance of Isfield House; does someone connected to Longmint/Erinaceous presently own it?

ExMAGE
20th Apr 2012, 08:54
It was where BBC lived in opulent luxury whilst they drove those companies into the ground. Have a look at how many companies that Lucy was a director of! Lets hops that they finally get what's comingto them.

Coriolis
21st Apr 2012, 22:01
One wonders if those lovely agency picture were taken recently, and if so, how many of the fixtures and fittings will actually still be there when the new owners of this magnificent property eventually move in. :rolleyes:

Whirlygig
22nd Apr 2012, 07:42
Coriolis, I thought the walls already looked quite bare, there are empty bookcases (or perhaps that's because they don't read) and some rooms look sparsely furnished.

I would like to think that they are selling the pile for decent, honourable reasons in order to repay some of the debts. Or maybe it's for a quick sale and get the cash out to Antigua asap.

Cheers

Whirls

bwt
28th Apr 2012, 11:15
As April draws to an end, it seems fitting that we should remember just what Neil Bellis and Lucy Cummings have done for our industry, with a little help from Juliet Bellis and Nick Cummings.

Just in case you need reminding;
TAMS: Closed
Sterling Helicopters: Closed
Skydrift: Closed
Alan Mann Helicopters: Closed
Mann Aviation Group Engineering: Closed
Fast Helicopters: Closed

Therefore I propose every 1st April be Bellis and Cummings remembrance day.
Oh, and April Fools' Day too.

:hmm:

Coriolis
29th Apr 2012, 12:23
Succinct summary by bwt.

Not altogether sure it's fitting to have a special day for remembrance - some people are best consigned to history.

That said, let us truly hope BBCC and their like are not forgotten, for the sake of later innocent arrivals who may be similarly suckered as many were.

The work those fine Companies used to do still needs doing, and success can be rebuilt from the ashes - good luck to all for the future.

Any news on the sale of 'the stately pile' and whether any of the outstanding debts might be paid? (OK, just my contribution to the joke of the month contest :-) )

ShyTorque
29th Apr 2012, 14:00
Perhaps they're just very successful NIMBYs? :oh:

A.Agincourt
29th Apr 2012, 15:41
Sh1teHawk: lol:D:D that one took me quite a while to understand [it's an age thing I am told].

Best Wishes

wigglyamp
29th Apr 2012, 20:11
"The work those fine Companies used to do still needs doing, and success can be rebuilt from the ashes - good luck to all for the future"

Indeed the Fairoaks site of Manns is certainly alive and kicking under Gama's ownership and definitely growing again.

A.Agincourt
30th Apr 2012, 20:18
Wrigley thing - not been there for a while but glad to hear the news. At least some have survived and that is indicative of correct moral standards. I wish every success to those fighting on.

Best Wishes

mugwumps
23rd Oct 2012, 06:05
Moral standards are not what they were!

Qualityman
28th Feb 2013, 15:45
In another unbelievable display of "no morals" and a sure sign of who had the biggest balls of the bunch, Two of the BBCC clan (The two C's in fact!) were seen at the old FAST Helicopters facility recently, accompanying a third party who was introduced as an Investor.
Rumour has it that they paraded themselves around the property without a care in the world!

One has to wonder if the Investor had any idea of BBCC's prior Involvement and what the Administrators make of it? They can't be seriously entertaining the idea?

firebird_uk
28th Feb 2013, 19:56
QM, I think you'll find there's a much more honourable individual about to complete the purchase of the hangars and BBCC are drinking in the last chance saloon. I'm not sure the administrators would do a deal with them anyway - if they've go any sense.

The interesting bit will be finding out what happens to the few machines left in one of the hangars whose ownership still seems to be in debate.

Oh, and if you look at the hangars from the airfield side I think you'll find the sign reads: FA T ELICOPTERS. Even nature's got it in for them....

fluffy853
19th Oct 2014, 17:51
Has anyone any update on B,B,&C??

firebird_uk
25th Oct 2014, 14:59
Sadly I think they are all still at liberty, but they have had to downsize from the mansion at Isfield to a mansion in Newick.

This may be, in part, due to Juliet Bellis losing a case [Adelle Challinor & others v Juliet Bellis & Co & another [25.02.13]] a précis of which can be found here (http://www.newlawjournal.co.uk/nlj/content/question-trust) or here (http://www.kennedys-law.com/casereview/solicitorfoundinbreachoftrustforreleasinginvestmentmonies/).

To add insult to a multi-million pound settlement it would appear the Solicitors Regulation Authority have referred JB to the Solicitor's Disciplinary Tribunal. The SRA's reasons can be found here (http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solicitor-check/119048.article).

I haven't found any record of the verdict, so I can only assume it has not been heard.

Should (as I hope) she be struck off I guess another family member will need to become a lawyer so that all the "professional" services they need can still be found under one roof.

fluffy853
30th Oct 2014, 12:18
Interesting.

Thanks for updates.

vfr440
30th Oct 2014, 13:31
Delighted to hear this, obviously there IS a God :) - just sometimes we have to be a little too patient. Perhaps the SFO may get involved when they are done with Tesco? Now that wo9uod be cause for a celebration - VFR

heli1
30th Oct 2014, 18:21
I see that two helicopters removed from Fairoaks have been re registered to Alan Mann Helicopters with an address in Uckfield that was the Erinacious address.
Must have been hidden away for a couple of years.

md 600 driver
30th Oct 2014, 18:22
which 2 ?

steve

firebird_uk
3rd Nov 2014, 20:15
There was certainly an Ex FAST machine or 3 that ended up owned by a close relative of BBC.

I'm told that in one of those stunning coincidences of timing this family member presented an invoice for many thousands of pounds of "consultancy" just days (or hours) before the bank swooped. And with no money to pay the family member they transferred ownership of the helicopters to them in lieu of payment.

I can only assume the bank(s) accepted the transaction as truthful otherwise they'd have fought it.... wouldn't they? :ugh: And I'm sure the consultancy was very useful to whoever, presumably, received it. :}