PDA

View Full Version : Maastricht Pay Reduction

EUROSPIRO
15th Feb 2011, 15:07
Anybody got a details of pay REDUCTION in Maastricht? Rumour goes that they have to take a 5% pay reduction which they will have to pay back for one year ... strange but they say it could equal 15% reduction for six months???

ATC Watcher
24th Feb 2011, 14:43
Dutch cost of living factor going down, nothing new, but rumor goes as the aim is to put it eventually in line with Belgium (100%) hence the fuss.

BeT
24th Feb 2011, 17:45
You basically have it right - at the moment Maastricht follows the the cost of living co-efficient for The Hague (sometimes called 'the breadbasket') - apparently the cost of living in NL has reduced by 5.2% this year (cough cough BS).

Due to the nature of the agreement it is not possible to strike over this issue, but the union is currently negotiating with management as to possible solutions. The only other agency of the EU to be based in NL (and so to be affected by this) is the Patents Office - they have already negotiated a pay freeze and we will hopefully do the same.

The approx cost to freeze the salary at current levels is €8m - for the financial year MUAC is running an approx €12m budget surplus, so the money is there.......

Not exactly the best way to reward one of the hardest working and THE most efficient centres in Europe is it.

D-day, so to speak is in April. Watch this space.

Surferboy
24th Feb 2011, 20:04
Can't speak for Limburg (wich truly shouldn't count as part of the Netherlands) but the only direction cost of living has gone here (wich isn't to far from the Hague) is North...:hmm:

BeT
24th Feb 2011, 20:15
Indeed, im fairly sure my petrol, gas and electric bills are somewhat higher this year than last.:}

Surferboy
24th Feb 2011, 20:32
Petrol pricing here is ridiculous! €1,70/liter along the highway, we should be getting a 15 percent payrise to cover that! :}

possibleconsequences
26th Feb 2011, 08:51
'Petrol pricing here is ridiculous! €1,70/liter along the highway, we should be getting a 15 percent payrise to cover that! '

If the oil price keeps going the way it is the cost of petrol wont matter as there wont be any air traffic left to control. Peak oil, old boy - research it and weep.

Lon More
26th Feb 2011, 17:10
The reduction was publicised years ago. Already applied to the pensions. :(

Only thing not going up here is the house market:*

On the beach
26th Feb 2011, 21:30
Peak oil, old boy - research it and weep.

This chap is one of the most erudite speakers on "Peak oil" that I have come across. Taken from an interview in 2002. Although a little dated, it is all the better for seeing how his prescient views have played out. If nothing else it is a great history of oil in 13 parts. Well worth watching in total, if you have the time.

SiJj06n58tU&feature=related

On the beach

TrafficTraffic
27th Feb 2011, 00:48
How much was the allowance for working with me Lon?

TT
:)

Lon More
27th Feb 2011, 00:57
How much was the allowance for working with me Lon?

Financially zero, however in terms of years taken off my life, increase in blood pressure and keeping the rats off your back, immesureable.

Judging by your location you've stopped playing with the big boys and gone back to a, spit, Tower? :E

TrafficTraffic
27th Feb 2011, 06:23
Serioustthreaddirft....

Yes Lon - enjoying very much looking out of the window(s) and being paid for it. You know my motto was 'if someone wants to pay me to watch aircraft....'

Am heading off to do some airshow controlling (at an airshow as opposed to my normal style of smoke-on-go controlling....)

TT

BeT
27th Feb 2011, 12:00
Ive removed a line from my 1st post, im not interested in getting in to any internet arguments with people via PM, so for now ive removed and I may well add it again in April, depending on the result.

For those who read it - get real, this is exactly whats going to happen should they take the 5.2%.

Im well aware staff from MUAC management will read the thread, why do you think I posted what I did - they need to know the consequences of playing with peoples personal lives.