PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know rate of pay while training at non nats airports?

size.matters
13th Feb 2011, 20:10
Hi there

Iam going to be self sponsoring to become a ATCO in the summer,will do ADI and APS if needed

My question is does anyone know, if taking on by a airport after i get the student licenses do they pay you a wage or do you work for free?

If you dont want to post in the thread please pm me

Thanks

rodan
13th Feb 2011, 22:48
Why on earth would anyone work for free? It's not voluntary work for a charity.

The boring answer is: all airports are different, you'll get paid what you negotiate.

size.matters
13th Feb 2011, 23:29
Thanks for the reply

Iam trying to figure out approximately what the pay is for a trainee so that when i go for a interview i will no what iam talking about

possibleconsequences
14th Feb 2011, 18:05
assuming you get an interview after self sponsoring through ADI and APS courses,which will cost you maybe £20000, and get a job offer, you are likely to earn anything from say 25 to 35 K though this will vary enormously from airport to airport. Certainly, it should be a decent wage to exist on.Good luck.

ericthered7
14th Feb 2011, 18:49
ADI & APS together will cost much more than £20k it will be north of £40k including the dreaded VAT. I would suggest doing APS as there are plenty of people in the market place with student ADI licences but far fewer with APS licences.

niknak
14th Feb 2011, 21:04
I suggest that you self sponsor yourself for the APS, when you are reasonably assured of success at that, start contacting every GMATS in the UK and there is a good chance you'll be taken on to do radar initially then ADI in due course at their expense.

The APS course will cost you around £14k + VAT, plus subsistance, probably around £20k in reallity, wherever you go.