PDA

View Full Version : Jumpseat Request SR811 and/or SR302!

MikeSierra
9th Dec 2000, 17:04
This may be a long shot..but it's worth a try!
Would really really really like the jumpseat for take off and/or landing as I'm flying LHR-ZRH and ZRH-ATH on the 18th of December.
I know there has been a lot of negative emotions about jumpseats around here but as as a wannabee can I beg?? :)
So..if there are any Swissair drivers that are doing this route or know who is can you please please send me an e-mail?
Thanx very much
MS

------------------
G-XX...finals and hopefully land!

flyrobin
11th Dec 2000, 14:27
Jumpseat???
SR does its best not to embark even people with ZED tickets! Don't expect any help or simpathy, try another airline if you can.

fly4fud
14th Dec 2000, 19:23
flyrobin, don't be so sarcastic! You may have had a bad experience, but the rule at SR is surely not to refuse ZED ticket holders.

Mike Sierra, I am not directly flying for SR, but here's a tip. Once in cruise, ask a F/A for a visit to the flight deck. There, present yourself and behave according the lines already presented a few times on PPRune. Then ask if there's a chance for you staying in the cockpit for landing, and who knows?

Best of luck :)
(F/O Junior, are you flying one of those?)

------------------
* cut my wings and I'll die *

mutt
14th Dec 2000, 22:08
Pardon my ignorance, whats a ZED ticket?

Thanks

Mutt

fly4fud
15th Dec 2000, 03:18
ZED = Zonal Employee Discount

Or better said, standby fare tickets issued by the airline you are working for, and used on another airline according reciprocal agreement.

------------------
* cut my wings and I'll die *

flyrobin
16th Dec 2000, 04:24
f4f, I may sound sarcastic, but it is a fact that in my airline it is a common knowledge that if you actually need to fly somwhere, SR must be avoided. They do whatever is possible to try not to board you. I am not saing it is the pilot's fault. I'm sure that if you get to board the aircraft there is a chance you will find nice blokes in F/D.
But it is not only my experience. Last one, two weeks ago I dropped a pal at the airport, and had to pick him up after two hours because not only he was not boarded, but the SR agent turned his back on him when asked for information when he heard he was ZED.

Rollingthunder
16th Dec 2000, 06:22
Flyrobin
Please expand on the incident.
Perhaps we could reciprocate on the Zed Fares

flyrobin
19th Dec 2000, 00:34
Rollingthunder,
I'm sorry I didn't get what you meant by "reciprocate on the ZED fares".
About the incident, it is not the incident itself to be important, it was just the umpteenth demonstration of the unwillingness to be cooperative to fellow airline employees of SR ground personnel.